• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why do you think there's a scum between Rockin and FF? I remember you mentioning it earlier, but I don't remember you elaborating.
FF hopped on the wagon and literally never said at all why JTB was scummy. Other than "Jtb is looking scummy" and
"I'm glad other people are noticing JTB is scummy"

Rockin I thought it was weird that he found Doop scummier than JTB, and yet was on the JTB wagon. Like....ok? just strikes me as odd.

Also, though it's very slight, the fact that Kevin was all about that Rockin lynch, and Kevin dies..meh, doesn't look that great for Rockin.

I (and I think Ryker) both like the FF option the most, but it seemed like that wasn't going to the play, there's more interest in Rockin (from you) and Lore.
Rockin is more on my scum list than Lore, so here I am.

Low key, I wouldn't mind offing Tom today.
Lowkey: yes.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why do you think there's a scum between Rockin and FF? I remember you mentioning it earlier, but I don't remember you elaborating.
whoops, I didn't answer it completely.

I find that both of their positions on the JTB wagon make me think they're not both scum. I suppose I'm open to that idea, but that's the feeling I get.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
FF hopped on the wagon and literally never said at all why JTB was scummy. Other than "Jtb is looking scummy" and
"I'm glad other people are noticing JTB is scummy"

Rockin I thought it was weird that he found Doop scummier than JTB, and yet was on the JTB wagon. Like....ok? just strikes me as odd.
whoops, I didn't answer it completely.

I find that both of their positions on the JTB wagon make me think they're not both scum. I suppose I'm open to that idea, but that's the feeling I get.
Gotcha. So from your perspective, it sounds like those both have ties to forcing themselves onto the JTB wagon rather than their interactions. Do you think JTB's alignment has anything to do with Rockin's/FF's, and why does them being on the same wagon (if there are 4 scum) mean that they're likely not on a team? What would you think of the slots if JTB were to flip town vs. if he were to flip scum?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gotcha. So from your perspective, it sounds like those both have ties to forcing themselves onto the JTB wagon rather than their interactions. Do you think JTB's alignment has anything to do with Rockin's/FF's, and why does them being on the same wagon (if there are 4 scum) mean that they're likely not on a team? What would you think of the slots if JTB were to flip town vs. if he were to flip scum?
Because scum try to hide in numbers, or fly under the radar. So in a way I'm looking at probability, I'm also trying to think how I would play if I was scum.

FF is scummier to me than Rockin, but there's still a chance, so I'm ok with a Rockin lynch.

In my mind there's one on the JTB wagon, 2 on the doop wagon, and one is out there floating. (nabe? JTB? Lore?)
The sketchiest people on the doop lynch for me are Doop>JexS and Tom (kinda equal here)

Tom's look to me like the voat that's trying to hide in the majority. (I'm aware the same reasoning can be used against me.)
JexS vote looks like it's trying to set up for a townie to hammer, though JexS gave his reasoning why he was putting it on there.

I guess they both could be scum, and they just missed the boat to be in the majority, but I haven't gone back and checked their activity when the doop pile on happened.

It just SEEMS that way to me. I wish I had more than that. Maybe I'm just trying to say, there could be two, but I'm confident at least one.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Because scum try to hide in numbers, or fly under the radar. So in a way I'm looking at probability, I'm also trying to think how I would play if I was scum.

FF is scummier to me than Rockin, but there's still a chance, so I'm ok with a Rockin lynch.

In my mind there's one on the JTB wagon, 2 on the doop wagon, and one is out there floating. (nabe? JTB? Lore?)
The sketchiest people on the doop lynch for me are Doop>JexS and Tom (kinda equal here)

Tom's look to me like the voat that's trying to hide in the majority. (I'm aware the same reasoning can be used against me.)
JexS vote looks like it's trying to set up for a townie to hammer, though JexS gave his reasoning why he was putting it on there.

I guess they both could be scum, and they just missed the boat to be in the majority, but I haven't gone back and checked their activity when the doop pile on happened.

It just SEEMS that way to me. I wish I had more than that. Maybe I'm just trying to say, there could be two, but I'm confident at least one.
So you're confident there's at least one between FF and Rockin just from how they jumped on the wagon? Seems like a little bit of a bold claim based on exclusively wagon analysis... Is there anything else contributing to those reads? And also, how would the slots look in a town!JTB vs scum!JTB flip?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
So you're confident there's at least one between FF and Rockin just from how they jumped on the wagon? Seems like a little bit of a bold claim based on exclusively wagon analysis... Is there anything else contributing to those reads? And also, how would the slots look in a town!JTB vs scum!JTB flip?
did you...not read my other posts? Are you thinking I'm just looking at the wagon?

Ff gave 0 reasons for finding JTB scummy.
Rockin had JTB as null and doop as scummy, yet didn't vote for doop, he was on the JTB wagon.

FF is typically well reasoned and I just haven't seen anything that really reminds me of former games I've played with him (it's been awhile though)
Rockin hasn't done too much (I know, I know, I'm one to talk) outside of this weird doop vote avoidance.

now factor in me trying to think strategically (you might smell burning)
I'm also trying to think how I would play if I was scum.
So, I find FF and Rockin scummy, what would the strategy be in both of them being on the JTB wagon? I don't see any, unless everyone was piling on, hiding the numbers, and it doesn't look that way.

So I'm not confident that both are scum
how about, I'm MORE confident that there is one scum between them?

In thinking about the strategy, I'm taking my reads into play as well,
The only ones on the Doop wagon I consider scummy are JexS and Tom rn. The play throughout the day has convinced me (of the ones I've heard of) that most on the doop wagon were town. Kary, gorf, Ranmaru, Marshy, Dooplisity, Utopian Poyzin, Tom, Pythag, JeXs

FF is my strongest read, I think Tom might be my second? I'm not sold on Lore being scum, but I can't deny we would learn stuff. Nabe's posts have bothered me, because that could be a good scum strat.

Doop's mafia, so there's 1,
between FF and Rockin - there's 1
I'm not confident that doop was the only scum on his, but right now, it looks like it's between you and Tom, that'd be 3. Where's the fourth?
I'm blank rn.

And also, how would the slots look in a town!JTB vs scum!JTB flip?
A scum JTB flip would throw me, ngl. despite reading the arguments, I didn't see him as scummy. I remember marshy saying that he made everything negative, which he viewed as a scum tell, (and a similar claim has been made against Lore, I believe, which would also give me pause)

tbh, right now scum or town flip of JTB makes FF look bad. If he was scum, he could've been setting up a bus ("I found him scummy early on!")
if it's town, he still had no good reason to be on that wagon.

Rockin benefits more from a scum flip, that is, I'm slightly more comfortable with Rockin being on the wagon, but I keep thinking of Ryker saying "Mac is the only one who looks good on this wagon" but I'm torn on Rockin being the dumb/scum thing, as I wasn't as convinced as Ran of Rockin being scum.
If it's a town flip it makes him look worse.

gonna be on mobile for the next bit, but if you have more questions, shoot them my way. I'll do my best to answer.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry, I should’ve said between Rockin and FF, that’s my strongest area of read. Though I think it’s stronger against FF

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Popping in before bed:

Also, that case was made in the half an hour after I went to work. Their entire perception of my slot was changed from null to hard scum based upon exclusively that case, which I find hard to believe without them trying to find some reason to read me as scum.
Yeah it was exclusively based on that case. That's what cases are for. I went back through your posts to see if there was anything that stood out, and I pointed out the things that stood out. Mainly your non-committal stances (which I'll respond to your big post about them tomorrow) and the weird Pythag behavior.

I'm a bit frustrated that you're presenting me as someone who read up on you with inherent bias, when it was just me following up on my questions towards you by doing a deep dive.

I've done a similar deep dive on Kary without making a post about it, and it's a large part of why I have them as town. I only post cases when I think I've found something interesting.

You've also said that I spun on Utopian on a dime, which is absolutely not true. I asked for opinions on him, pressured further, and slowly realized that he read as Emotional Town. Pretty gross of you to misrepresent my play like that.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Look at My Hero Academia Mafia.
MHA was absolutely not normal play. That game was a nightmare to participate in.

I also went more aggro than I should have, and I realized later that it wasn't a play style that I really enjoyed. It got me too worked up.

If you're absolutely hankering for town meta, fire and lightning would be decent despite me being part of a hydra, and Tomafia has scum play. I'm not a fan of meta, but it sounds like Ran is looking into games no matter what we say.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I actually stopped, but Kary brought up other games so I'm required to ask for the sources.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lore, what's your read on Tom?
Last post before sleeping (long day) :

My read was town, but his coasting since being called town by half the players is weird as hell. He was too into the game to just suddenly decide to coast. My read has drifted back to null, and D3 I'd like to go over his early stuff again with D2/N2 flip context.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
We don't need a redo. Lore, don't go yet.
I mean we have in terms of inactives:

JTB (replacing)
Nabe
FF
Tom (hopefully returning)

To have 4 slots just doing absolutely nothing means that we lose if we house clean them all. And we may still lose if we ignore them. It's frustrating.

I don't think we absolutely need a redo, but I'm severely disappointed in how things are going.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tom hasn't had any sense of finding scum. He's posted reads but he doesn't seem interested in posting. He hasn't responded to Mac's #1584. His last post was on Thursday, here: #2107. That's way past prod range, he's lurking under the radar, because after losing one scum mate, Tom's best play is to let a wagon be pushed that's not him. That's why I'm starting to think Rockin may not be scum, if Tom is scum.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Hi party people.

I have been unexpectedly busy today and yesterday, I'm here now and will be posting a vote count before you in a secondy sec.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I must also remind people that Marshy suspected Tom and even said to shoot him upon a Doop scum flip.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Ninja'd. I agree that not replying to Mac's post is a little sketch, but Tom could've just been busy. I still feel like he's not the move toDay.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I wouldn't have thought so either, but he's way past prod range. He obviously is fine with letting things go as is without his influence, I don't find that pro-town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He's also shown this type of behavior on Day 1 as well, when people started calling him town, he disappeared.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count: 11:49 Edition

Lore (4): Ryker, Kary, Spak, Rockin
Rockin (4): Pythag, Tom, Lore, Utopian
Frozen Flame(1): JTB
Nabe(1): gorf
JTB(1): Mac
Tom(2): Nabe, Ranmaru

Not Voting(1): FrozenFlame,

With 14 alive, it takes 8 for majority.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame and Tom Tom have been prodded.

I don't trust that my vote count is accurate, please berate me if a mistake is found. That is all.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ask yourself, what has Tom done to determine scum? Does he seem interested in posting in the game?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
OK, I see your point but I still feel like quite a few people have been calling him suspicious for a while now and he just hasn't come back in. I don't think it has a direct connection to peoples' opinions of him. I still think that if we were offing a lurker toDay, FF would be a better move.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
To be honest, I feel like FF is more likely to be scum and has more connection to other slots.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He says he's going to catch up at the end of Thursday and has yet to return and it's Sunday. FF had a real life emergency. Tom seems much less busy than FF.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
To be honest, I feel like FF is more likely to be scum and has more connection to other slots.
What else do you think a FF lynch would tell us?
I want him as a lynch candidate, but if he flipped scum, what connections become more clear to you?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
What else do you think a FF lynch would tell us?
I want him as a lynch candidate, but if he flipped scum, what connections become more clear to you?
I remember FF distancing himself from JTB in a few places (I think Gheb mentioned it in his big read a while back?), which would make JTB look more suspicious. In addition, FF's reaction to JTB's wagon was suspicious (which you've already mentioned iirc). I honestly haven't gone back to re-read FF in a while, but everyone seems to have an opinion on the slot, which'll be interesting to look back on after we'd know his alignment.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Talk to me about connections to Tom, Spak.
I don't really recall any strong connections to Tom. We got a little bit of back and forth between him and FF (of all people) fairly early on and he seems to talk to Mac a lot, but not much beyond that. The only thing of concern that I ever saw was how quickly he jumped on Ryker after the claim, but he was just kinda salty about how bad it made him look after Uto claimed it as a gambit lol.

Top Bottom