• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Vote Count: RANMARU

Lore (3): Kary, Spak, Rockin
Rockin (3): Pythag, Tom, Utopian
Frozen Flame(1): JTB
Nabe(1): gorf
JTB(1): Mac
Tom(4): Nabe, Ranmaru, Ryker, Lore

Not Voting(1): FrozenFlame,

With 14 alive, it takes 8 for majority.
if ran's votecount is correct, its between lore rockin and tom atm

Lore Lore why tom over rockin?

vote: Rockin

Updated Vote Count:
Lore (3): Kary, Spak, Rockin
Rockin (4): Pythag, Tom, Utopian, Mac
Frozen Flame(1): JTB
Nabe(1): gorf
Tom(4): Nabe, Ranmaru, Ryker, Lore

Not Voting(1): FrozenFlame,

With 14 alive, it takes 8 for majority.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I'm a fan of Ran's reasoning, and it makes sense enough for me to add Tom to my inactive-clearing lynch pool.
ran's reasoning is the exact same as mine from earlier in the game, why does it sway you now?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mac do you think this means Tom and Rockin are scum? Think Tom would just sit in a wagon of his scum buddy?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i haven't been looking at it in terms of team connections, but yea i could potentially see scumTom plopping a vote on scumRock

idk that would mean that tom switched off the rockin lynch early d1 to vote for doop. not sure how likely it is that he'd go from bussing one mate to bussing another... and i think those were his only votes all of d1

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Also I don't really understand how there's 4 people on the replacement list but its 48 hours since JTB asked to replace and there's no sign of anything.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu @giraffelasergun Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
hi. sorry i'm late to this. i'm usually more timely on these things. I haven't been following specifics but just for ya'll I'll answer as best as I can

replacements is pretty much a good chunk of our mod PM. If we have someone on the replacements list and we've contacted them (or even if they're not on the list) it's likely they changed their mind. We (probably) are keeping them on the replacement list in-case they change their mind and as a reminder to us mods who are forgetful.

this has probably been addressed by the time I posted this but it's worth assuring everyone in the thread. feel free to tag us if you have any other problems.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
hi. sorry i'm late to this. i'm usually more timely on these things. I haven't been following specifics but just for ya'll I'll answer as best as I can

replacements is pretty much a good chunk of our mod PM. If we have someone on the replacements list and we've contacted them (or even if they're not on the list) it's likely they changed their mind. We (probably) are keeping them on the replacement list in-case they change their mind and as a reminder to us mods who are forgetful.

this has probably been addressed by the time I posted this but it's worth assuring everyone in the thread. feel free to tag us if you have any other problems.
Soup also asked to replace in so you know.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mac I know earlier you posted how lore might not be the play, did his play today convince you of that? Or more the discussion around him?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It's almost 11PM for me, and I'm hella tired so I won't be awake for much longer. Since I can't convince Mac at this point I'm throwing in the towel.

Vote: Rockin

This isn't where my heart is at, but I prefer this over Tom and with the piss poor activity levels its important we get a lynch.
Deadline is in ~ 15 hours. Please don't screw this up. Night.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Mac I know earlier you posted how lore might not be the play, did his play today convince you of that? Or more the discussion around him?
his play but mostly the fact that he's actually giving us stuff as opposed to many other slots

pythag you feeling lore? i could swing that way

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac

I was debating it.

His scum reads are Spak, and like all inactives, which lines up with what Kary was talking about earlier, how he thinks Lore is going for targets he thinks he can get lynched.

I'm having a hard time seeing how his play is different than Ran's, yet Kary doesn't find Ran scummy.
I guess Ran asks more questions, but idk.

He didn't find any of the people that are active scummy, which I guess the only big contrast is that most of the active people found the inactives scummy, AND lore, can I hold it against lore that he doesn't find himself scummy?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
That being said, with Kary out for the night, I don't know if we could mobilize to secure that lynch, so I'm getting at this too little too late, methinks.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm curious why, as Tom and Rockin are your top picks I assume. Does this mean Lore jumps that list? If so, why?
Technically FF is my top, but I've kinda ceded that that lynch was going to happen. at the beginning of the day it looked split between those two, but there hasn't been traction. Perhaps I ceded too easily. mia culpa.

Realistically, all the lynches on the table are inactive lynches, save for Lore.

This is such a crummy situation, I hate it.

Essentially, I've been trying to look at this different, as I said earlier, it's easy for me to give people the benefit of the doubt (and have a STARTING point of viewing every interaction as TvT), which I have clearly forgotten can be poison in this game.
With that in mind, it's kinda stuck on me that Kary said I'm giving lore the benefit of the doubt and it's unwarranted. thinking more on that makes it easier to see Lore's actions as scummy.

I also wrestle with :

I DO believe that a Lore lynch teaches the town most. Is that enough justification for a lynch?

as stated earlier, inactives may be good lynch candidates; self policing and all that, but what Ryker also says is true, that we can REALLY quick wind up in a bad situation. All it takes is one mafia that's semi good at blending in.

It's really back and forth. And honestly with the inactives, we aren't necessarily adding new information, we're just going over the same stuff, which causes problems as well.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
they're all valid plays to me, but Rockin and JTB would still probably top the list

i keep going back and forth on Lore being a play or not, im worried Kary's right and i'm dropping the ball on that slot

but really a lot of people deserve to die and im ok seeing any of them go

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag, I think you're over thinking it now. Rockin has viewed multiple times but is cool with not doing anything else. What does that make you think?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
im not fully caught up and dont really think ill get to be before the Day ends. forgot that im meeting up with a friend in the evening when i said id be here but here are some quick blurbs:

-dont wanna go into too much detail about lore, but watching his play from wednesday/thursday has made me want reconsider my read on him. i dont love his play (and still think a lot of what i have said on his play from earlier in the Day/yesterDay holds up), but a lot of what ive seen for the past few days makes me want to take a step back and reconsider my read. plus, the simple fact that hes active is inherently a huge plus for the state of the game right now since it doesnt seem like well be getting a reset.

-i dont get why some people wanna lynch tom, imma try at least wrapping my head around that before i peace out. i think its really ****in wack that hes ghosted the thread as of recent but aside from that hes been... aight in my book. i think the question should be between him and ff, and ff is 100% my preferred choice.

-no nabe lynch toDay but im at peace with that. his recent posting tells me hes gonna have a presence as we keep going (fwiw he has more of one than jtb/tom/ff as of recent)

-i can do a rockin lynch and ill put my vote there for numbers sake since i prob wont be around by 9:00 tomorrow morning

-as it stands, my order of preference is jtb>ff/rockin

unvote

vote: rockin

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I was on Tom solely due to momentum and it seemed like it was building, so I voted to show willingness to make him the lynch. As said repeatedly, Rockin is my preferred lynch.

Not sure why you're questioning that, Mac, when I literally laid it out in my posts. My lynch priority hasn't changed.

Vote: Rockin

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll hammer tonight if no one has any objections. 11:59PM EST.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ok Lore Lore , i guess i mistook your position?

i was looking at vote counts and you went from rockin (the biggest wagon at the time) to tom who was a newly forming wagon and it looked kinda opportunistic to me, esp if you thought Rockin was a better play than Tom

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
ok Lore Lore , i guess i mistook your position?

i was looking at vote counts and you went from rockin (the biggest wagon at the time) to tom who was a newly forming wagon and it looked kinda opportunistic to me, esp if you thought Rockin was a better play than Tom
Yeah it sounds like you were looking at vote counts and not the actual statements lol.

Tom is up there with JTB, FF, and Nabe for an inactive lynch, and it would be a more useful lynch in terms of info compared to Nabe. I do think JTB as a lynch would give better info, but I can accept a Tom lynch, especially after Ran pointing out things.

My top priority is still Rockin/Spak, but Spak is not the play for today it seems.

#HBC | Gorf

#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf Want your take on this too. I'm going to sleep soon.
aight bro, you asked for it

Tom hasn't had any sense of finding scum. He's posted reads but he doesn't seem interested in posting. He hasn't responded to Mac's #1584. His last post was on Thursday, here: #2107. That's way past prod range, he's lurking under the radar, because after losing one scum mate, Tom's best play is to let a wagon be pushed that's not him. That's why I'm starting to think Rockin may not be scum, if Tom is scum.
i thought we were done with soap operas bro wtf is this

Ask yourself, what has Tom done to determine scum? Does he seem interested in posting in the game?
like dude you can apply this sentiment to jtb, nabe, rockin and ff too. and considering the fact that tom's output is the best in this pool (aside from possibly ff but that was almost entirely hinged on D1) it baffles me that youre assigning this motivation to tom

He says he's going to catch up at the end of Thursday and has yet to return and it's Sunday. FF had a real life emergency. Tom seems much less busy than FF.
ff had a reasonable excuse to not be here before friday, and hes been ghost since. effectively one day longer than tom. and toms got a much more robust take on the rest of the cast that we can follow. the last sentence is honestly pretty pompous but i know youre hellbent on making tom!scum fit your script so whatever

at best my take is that this is a hasty decision and doesnt have nearly enough substance to shake me in our allotted time. at worst this is another soap opera that youve come up with that youre gonna laugh at yourself for considering to be feasible. so yea i feel more confident in saying im not bout the tom lynch

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
its funny cuz you hopping on toms wagon is basically a mirror scenario from something earlier in the game where i said id be completely down to hop on Tom's wagon despite the fact I was voting JTB, and you heavily pushed me as being scum for saying that

dont get why you gave me so much **** about that esp when you do seem to understand that you don't have to always vote the person you find the most scummy at every waking moment in a gme

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
its funny cuz you hopping on toms wagon is basically a mirror scenario from something earlier in the game where i said id be completely down to hop on Tom's wagon despite the fact I was voting JTB, and you heavily pushed me as being scum for saying that

dont get why you gave me so much **** about that esp when you do seem to understand that you don't have to always vote the person you find the most scummy at every waking moment in a gme
Wait are you referring to me here? I legitimately have no clue what you're talking about here.

#HBC | Gorf

I'm a fan of Ran's reasoning, and it makes sense enough for me to add Tom to my inactive-clearing lynch pool.
i insist on you walking me through step by step how ran's reasoning, at this point in time, convinced you to add tom to your lynch pool

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay.

Vote FrozenFlame

I am probably gonna end up on Rockin, but I want less talk and more seeing if people put their money where their mouth is with this slot.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
There's been multiple people saying they want him gone and ***** footing around with it whenever Tom is brought up.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's not just him. People talking about Nabe or JTB too.

I don't want to hear "it's not gonna happen" until we can SEE it's not gonna happen. What do people ACTUALLY want most?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Lore Lore ?
Oh then **** that lol. Fast wagons happen sometimes, and they aren't inherently scummy. Context kinda matters for everything in this game.

Another trend in a few games I've seen lately is that so few people want to pressure early. It's refreshing to see pressure happening early in this game.
Why is Tom more scummy than JTB, unless you already gave your reasons?
Mac are you saying that your JTB vote carries no actual weight, then? I'm baffled by your statements.
Then walk me through this, if you don't mind.

You find JTB as a valid candidate for lynch. You also hopped on that wagon near-instantly, implying that you found at least something of JTB scummy.

Then you say that you'd hop on Tom even faster, but now you're saying that Tom is just a "pressure" vote despite being a wagon you'd hop on faster than JTB?

I'm not sure I buy this.
You directly said that you don't find Tom as Scummier than JTB. You also said that you'd hop on a Tom wagon faster than you hopped on the JTB wagon, and now you're saying that it's mostly for pressure only?

And on top of that, now you're saying that you wrote the post as a joke, over a page and multiple posts later? Come on.

You find JTB scummy, yet you would hop on a Tom wagon even faster only due to pressure. Except for now you're saying the "faster" bit was a joke. You're being pretty inconsistent here, and the late as hell "I was mostly joking" just makes it even more fishy.

Vote: Mac

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary You're usually solid at calling out when someone is going down a pretty useless rabbit hole. Mind giving your thoughts on the above? It's just not adding up for me, and I'd appreciate a second perspective.

did you forget that you scumspected me? and why you did?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf That was only a paragraph with two posts linked, is that really that dramatic? I mean you have a whole case (which is now outdated) with posts and examples. What am I doing that you feel is wrong casing wise? At first I didn't think I needed to even explain it. It just seemed self-explanatory to me. I could, but I found his lack of desire to find scum suspicious and sitting on Rockin sketch. So I wanted to snap to Tom. Yet Rockin was content with staying silent. Thoughts on that?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
like dude you can apply this sentiment to jtb, nabe, rockin and ff too. and considering the fact that tom's output is the best in this pool (aside from possibly ff but that was almost entirely hinged on D1) it baffles me that youre assigning this motivation to tom

ff had a reasonable excuse to not be here before friday, and hes been ghost since. effectively one day longer than tom. and toms got a much more robust take on the rest of the cast that we can follow. the last sentence is honestly pretty pompous but i know youre hellbent on making tom!scum fit your script so whatever
def a questionable take that Toms given us that much output. like i disagree pretty strongly that we actually have a good sense on where Tom stands on most things

Top Bottom