• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What is yall's problem with Tom? I genuinely don't know anything that can substantially make a case on him.
His vote on Doop is the worst vote on the wagon after Doop's self vote.

The way he reacted to your claim is disgusting.

He shows up to provide content only when it can be tailored to the thread and then disappears for the entirety of the phase, making it very hard to pin him down.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
What is yall's problem with Tom? I genuinely don't know anything that can substantially make a case on him.
my issues d1:

ive been on for a while tn and basically just rereading early game stuff and this **** is taking forever so ill just reconvene tomorrow. kinda annoying tho cuz i feel like i dont currently have a strong mental model for the game, there's so many fresh cases on people (gorf/ryker on ff - which im really interested in, gorf on lore, ran on ryker, a bunch of ppl on jexs, kary on UP) that i've only skimmed and not really considered at all

and **** it imma just come out and say that Tom's been on my radar for a while for a couple reasons
  • that ran wagon looks even more disgusting on reread and Tom seemed to be a proponent of it
  • didn't make sense that someone like Tom would legitimately scumspect Ran for the reasons presented in thread at the time
  • tom kept claiming early on that he's waiting to hear how ppl feel about RanvTom, which to me signals that there's specific stuff he's looking to get out of it. but then for the rest of the Day he doesn't bring it back up, he doesn't talk about any findings or question any slots or do anything that shows that he was being truthful. its still unclear what he was looking to get out of it
  • tom disappeared when town started calling him townie and referring to ran as TvS and i'm scared that he's just coasting on that goodwill.
    • then unfortunately never got a chance to elaborate on some of the stuff from his catch up posts because the Day happened to end too soon
  • and as a bonus the flips (esp marshy's) don't work in his favor
i finally got a couple answers from Tom about the above, and tbh for the most part they check out to me, but i dont put it past tom to come up with solid response.

but my overall sense of that slot is there's been a lack of anything that resembles genuine scumhunting initiative. i'm not able to connect his actions with the sense that he's actively tryna find scum this is also despite going through his reads list and player summary post, it definitely seems like the kinda thing scumTom could just draft up to appear townie and get ppl off his back

ryker / gorf / others does any of the above bother you at all? what am i missing, how are you guys so thouroughly townreading him?
frozenflame thoughts on the above?
pythag thoughts on the above?

anyway all that being said, i do think Tom's earned enough "town cred" just off that one catchup post (seriously i loved that summary ****) to be ok for rn. also it seems like moving forward we're gonna get more from him (already some of the stuff im seeing im liking)... but we should def be wary moving forward

some other quick obversvations:

super early post by UP referring to doop:

upon rereading, im initially skeptical that a scumUP would respond so positively to doop early on. I kinda don't see any new scum player doing that unless he was told to. but then again new players can be unpredictable in their badness... there's also some other back and forth with doop that i find hard to believe a new player being comfortable doing with his scummate, even going as far as explicitly defending him in #403

but then (as stated in Tom's #1559), UP starts to switch to softly suspecting doop
@#HBC | Kary, @Tom what do you guys think of UPs change of heart here and progression into scumreadding doop?

i'm also feeling better and better about pythag just based off the plethora of antagonistic action between that slot and doops. seems like pythag / doop together in a scum team would require them to have planned very early on to bus one another... which is def possible but seems unlikely atm
and he's basically disappeared everytime he's been called town and has been able to avoid contributing during the most important times

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nabe's vote doesn't influence me in anyway way. I've had concerns with Tom not responding to Mac, and I agree with Mac. My concern is that Tom hitched his vote onto Rockin and then ****ed right off.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nabe's vote doesn't influence me in anyway way. I've had concerns with Tom not responding to Mac, and I agree with Mac. My concern is that Tom hitched his vote onto Rockin and then ****ed right off.
So his flying under the radar, popping in to say he's skimmed stuff and then drops a vote on Tom with absolutely no explanation is fine with you?

R Ryker Why Tom over Nabe? Just cause you can get Ran on the Tom train?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
His vote on Doop is the worst vote on the wagon after Doop's self vote.

The way he reacted to your claim is disgusting.

He shows up to provide content only when it can be tailored to the thread and then disappears for the entirety of the phase, making it very hard to pin him down.
Actually, I did notice the first one, but i didnt think it was that bad. The second point I felt was expected, but it is problematic to jump to claims immediately upon hearing them. However, I felt that it was relatively expected.

Does the third claim hold water? I mean, it could be the mafia pinning the blame on Tom, unless Tom wants to leave his fingerprints on the murder weapon by killing the one player who wanted the same. However, i wouldn't put it past scum to do so, but that would be the obvious play for scum Tom (killing marshy).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So his flying under the radar, popping in to say he's skimmed stuff and then drops a vote on Tom with absolutely no explanation is fine with you?

Also because Nabe is already on it, so it requires one less vote.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's not, but it's null to me because I've seen him do exactly that as town. Marshy and Mac seem to have had a problem with him, and Mac still does.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
aiight fine

vote: Tom

though realistically i don't think we can mobilize this lynch. im gonna have to dip in like 30ish mins and then i might not be able to post again so by that point imma just plop my vote on the biggest wagon

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
First sentence is about Nabe, second sentence is about Tom.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

The nabe wagon is a one-trick pony: Nabe's inactive. That ****s us over a bit, but by no means is that enough to wagon. Town can be inactive too, and Nabe's flip doesn't help us in the slightest besides clearing the air and giving town an extra, unneeded "challenge" by being one member down.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag Pythag You had a wagon analysis on Tom, do you not believe in that any more? I'm curious. I want you on this wagon.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
tfw you need 8 to lynch but you only have 8 active players and noone agrees on a move

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
ranmaru ranmaru I'm down for a tom wagon, that's not the issue the issue I'm tripping over is what is the best lynch, given the terrible scenario we're in.

Ugh I hate this.

vote Tom

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I still feel like this is the wrong move... Showing my support to

Vote: FrozenFlame

If anyone's still interested. I still just don't see justification in killing Tom over FF; FF both hasn't posted in longer and looks scummier as a whole in my opinion.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Updated Vote Count:
Lore (3): Kary, Rockin
Rockin (5): Tom, Utopian, Lore, Kary, Gorf
Frozen Flame(1): JTB, Spak
Tom(5): Nabe, Ryker, Ranmaru, Mac, Pythag

Not Voting(1): FrozenFlame,

With 14 alive, it takes 8 for majority.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Spak can you explain again why you have Tom as Town?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I think either JTB is on Lore or the numbers are wrong for the FF/Lore counts.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Updated Vote Count:
Lore (2): Kary, Rockin
Rockin (5): Tom, Utopian, Lore, Kary, Gorf
Frozen Flame(2): JTB, Spak
Tom(5): Nabe, Ryker, Ranmaru, Mac, Pythag

Not Voting(1): FrozenFlame,

With 14 alive, it takes 8 for majority.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak can you explain again why you have Tom as Town?
I have him as null-town because I liked his interactions with other players that I observed, he seemed to be playing pretty openly, and I honestly haven't seen much reason to doubt his slot's intentions.

Top Bottom