• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Lol please tell me that isn't your only reason to not get a No Lynch. I'm hoping that's not the only one.
That's the basis for NL. We can go one NL without losing a phase (since either two or no shots exist and we currently have an even playercount), but a NL would provide us with literally no info and you guys would just hound Tom all D3.
You vote Rockin in the hopes that we'll come back?
But then you nix that saying you'll hammer to avoid a NL?
Because I still think Tom's a horrible idea and want no part of killing Tom, but town's gonna continue down this little rabbit trail until he flips and all y'all get smacked back into reality.
I'm taking it as scum throwing a distraction into the mix, to be blunt. It's so ****ing wifom.

Either Tom is scum and this is a (bad) last attempt to deflect, or Tom is Town and Spak is trying to distance himself from it while setting up Rockin for a later bus.

It has only cemented my read of Spak.
Wait, am I supposed to be going for your lynch today and going for Uto toMorrow, or am I trying to go for Rockin tomorrow? I lost track of the conspiracy theories that you've set up for my slot :p

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Deadline's not until 9 AM EST. I'll vote before I go to bed, but I'll be up for another little while in case anyone's interested in switching to Ryker.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Nah, I woulda hammered if it were at midnight. Fortunately, we have another little bit.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
That's the basis for NL. We can go one NL without losing a phase (since either two or no shots exist and we currently have an even playercount), but a NL would provide us with literally no info and you guys would just hound Tom all D3.

*snip post*

Wait, am I supposed to be going for your lynch today and going for Uto toMorrow, or am I trying to go for Rockin tomorrow? I lost track of the conspiracy theories that you've set up for my slot :p
If you're literally saying here that a NL is only bad because it means hounding Tom, I'm baffled by your logic as town.

As for the second bit, that is infuriatingly smug and condescending.

Deadline's not until 9 AM EST. I'll vote before I go to bed, but I'll be up for another little while in case anyone's interested in switching to Ryker.
Ryker? What?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
worse than that, Scum are gonna knock out one of our active players.
lore was hounded today.
Rockin was hounded today.
Tom was hounded more at the end of thhe day.

NL-today means that tomorrows discussion is exactly the same as today, but with less actives, and possibly impossible to have a majority vote lol

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
If you're literally saying here that a NL is only bad because it means hounding Tom, I'm baffled by your logic as town.
Town would waste an entire phase hounding Tom, which would be a problem because we'd have effectively wasted our free NL (which could come in use later down the road).
As for the second bit, that is infuriatingly smug and condescending.
Possibly, but quite honestly I'm sick of you making cases for stuff multiple levels of assumptions deep and then taking it as gospel. It's not a healthy playstyle as town, and it's somewhat natural for scum. It's the main reason that I don't believe your slot is truthful, and while it could just be a playstyle (and then I'll know for next game I play with you), I don't think you're approaching the game with a townie mentality.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
NL-today means that tomorrows discussion is exactly the same as today, but with less actives, and possibly impossible to have a majority vote lol
Which is why I'm hammering before I go to bed, despite not liking to Tom lynch whatsoever.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Town would waste an entire phase hounding Tom, which would be a problem because we'd have effectively wasted our free NL (which could come in use later down the road).

Possibly, but quite honestly I'm sick of you making cases for stuff multiple levels of assumptions deep and then taking it as gospel. It's not a healthy playstyle as town, and it's somewhat natural for scum. It's the main reason that I don't believe your slot is truthful, and while it could just be a playstyle (and then I'll know for next game I play with you), I don't think you're approaching the game with a townie mentality.
I don't think it's a ****ing conspiracy to point out that you rarely, if ever, give a definitive read without some way to wiggle out of it later.

Your behavior before was consistent with scum setting up a mislynch by framing two players in a certain light, while leaving room to move to the next player for another mislynch.

Now you come in at the eleventh hour with similar non-committal nonsense that even Pythag called you out on.

Seriously, it's infuriating for me to bring up these valid scum tells, say what I think of them, and then have you call them a conspiracy and attack my character rather than addressing things. It was like pulling teeth to get you to do it earlier, and now you're defaulting back to character attacks again when called out on something new.

It's ridiculous.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Like it ****ing says something when Ryker saved the insults for when someone falsely claimed tracker on him, while I wanted to wait for results. He was legitimately worked up.

Compared to now when you're throwing insults and character attacks as your first line of defense. Last I checked, your username wasn't Kary.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rockin Rockin This is a choice of No lynch vs Tom. Are you choosing No Lynch? If no, vote Tom.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Now you come in at the eleventh hour with similar non-committal nonsense that even Pythag called you out on.
I'm not giving some noncommittal nonesense, I'm trying to do what's best for town. My options are hammer to let the lynch go through or withhold my vote and have the rest of town kill Tom tomorrow, wasting our possible NL. I don't understand where you see "noncommittal" here. If I believed that both options were equal, I'd 100% NOT vote Tom. I was half tempted to go to sleep a couple hours ago (since I'm waking up early for work tomorrow) and let y'all worry about getting that last vote on Tom so that I don't have to have this hammer on my conscience, but that'd just put town further back if you guys can't scrap anything together. So call it noncommittal nonsense if you want, but I'm just doing what I think is best for town as a whole.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
As much as you don't want it, you must grit your teeth and vote Tom to ensure we don't no lynch. With a no lynch we have a 0% of lynching scum.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
As much as you don't want it, you must grit your teeth and vote Tom to ensure we don't no lynch. With a no lynch we have a 0% of lynching scum.
^This is it in a nutshell.

The fact that you literally defended a possible NL scenario shows that you don't want to commit to a Tom vote. I have no reason to see a wishy washy Rockin Vote post that literally says you'll flip flop later as anything but non-committal.

"But I'll come back later and do it!" Why not do it now? Why not do it instead of spending the time to distance yourself further from the Tom lynch, to the point of saying a NL wouldn't be all that bad?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I know, but I'm just holding out until 1:00 AM in case anyone shows interest in Rockin (or in case Rockin wants to take the hammer). I'm just exhausted in real life and tired of Lore's garbage (as I'm sure she's probably tired of mine from her PoV).

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
but I'm just doing what I think is best for town as a whole.
So, with your concerns vocalized, you not making any convincing arguments for why we should switch to Rockin, outside of saying "I'm down to switch if everyone else wants to" and even if we were convinced, the time to mobilize everyone to vote him I think has passed.

You then think it's best to hang your vote over towns head and continually remind us that you don't think this is the right vote?

We understand. You don't like it. Box checked.

Honestly, most of us don't like it either, because we would MUCH rather have everyone been active and have better reads, arguments and discussion.
This isn't how the game is meant to be played imo.

This is a terrible situation. But somehow, town has made their peace with it. (or at the very least, we're gritting our teeth and bearing it)

So, Could we please get a hammer?

Top Bottom