• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf That was only a paragraph with two posts linked, is that really that dramatic? I mean you have a whole case (which is now outdated) with posts and examples. What am I doing that you feel is wrong casing wise? At first I didn't think I needed to even explain it. It just seemed self-explanatory to me. I could, but I found his lack of desire to find scum suspicious and sitting on Rockin sketch. So I wanted to snap to Tom. Yet Rockin was content with staying silent. Thoughts on that?
ran said:
he's lurking under the radar, because after losing one scum mate, Tom's best play is to let a wagon be pushed that's not him.
yea this is pretty dramatic. you said hes not interested in finding scum and showed him not responding to something and not having been around in three days. thats, like, nothing. i still think my lore output holds weight (hes not off my radar, im just less willing to lynch him toDay), but im not saying you need a ****ing wall to case somebody by any means but your most meaningful point (that he doesnt care about catching scum) is built on the fact that hes lurking. i can say that i felt like his posts about his notes seemed straight to me and that lurking isnt a scumtell and the case falls on its face.

rockin staying silent honestly DOES read to me as scum lurking and hoping things kinda brush over without him being lynched. but that feeling is predicated on a scumread that ive previously understood. im just telling you how i read your take on the whole tom thing. honestly i wouldve probably ignored it if you didnt specifically ask. i dont care to lynch him toDay because hes a pretty hard null to me at this point, and absolutely nothing youve said has convinced me on it.

def a questionable take that Toms given us that much output. like i disagree pretty strongly that we actually have a good sense on where Tom stands on most things
first off let me make it clear that im not townreading tom based on quality of output. its just acknowledging that hes got trails and has had places where he was being open about reads and scumhunting that we can reference.

i dont entirely disagree with your last sentence, especially since hes been gone as of recent. but compared to jtb, nabe, rockin and possibly ff, i think his output is the strongest. like, thinking about what the other four have done im surprised thats even something challengeable aside from ff.

you said you were a sucker for his posts with the notes right? i am too. and as far as having a robust output on the rest of the cast that we can follow, thats compared to ff. tom has full readslists that we can follow, and we can at least have those to compare to if he actively takes a dip in quality. ff's output yesterDay wasnt bad quality wise, but there wasnt that that much to follow.

really when it comes down to it there are just way better plays imo.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa I'm sure you already looked into #HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup as a replacement but just double checking for the health of the game. Thanks for what you are doing!
we know. we're working on it.

I'm not sure why you're pinging Thirdkoopa. I don't think it was ever confirmed by Red Ryu that he was officially another co-mod (just that he offered to help with modding, but that was as far as it goes). So yeah, he can't do the replacements
I'm in literally every single role PM and I also offered to help after initial modding.

that said, only reason I don't mingle with the replacements directly is so I don't step on anyone's toes. (i.e. Ryu already asks soup to replace in as _, I ask soup to replace in as someone else, suddenly conflict)

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
His vote on Doop is the worst vote on the wagon after Doop's self vote.

The way he reacted to your claim is disgusting.

He shows up to provide content only when it can be tailored to the thread and then disappears for the entirety of the phase, making it very hard to pin him down.
ran let the record show that this is better as a wrap up for why lynching tom is a good idea. still dont really like it compared to nabe/rockin/ff/jtb but its clear, cites factual evidence, and has an interpretation that isnt far fetched leading to a conclusion that isnt convoluted (the fact that its very hard to pin him down).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Like I don't see a world where a town player would try to go against this lynch to the point where they defend a possible NL. There's scum motivation no matter where Tom flips.
This reeks.

I don't think not having voted is an indication that you'll take a NL when you've said you'll be around in the morning.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And now we have hammer. Pray to whatever god that we get another red flip.

Here's to dealing with the other five ****ing inactive slots.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dude was literally saying that a NL wouldn't be all that bad, despite him saying that he will hammer.
Sure. That is a world different from saying "I'll take a NL over not lynching the guy I want," and it shouldn't be treated as equivalent.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Like, if he wasn't gonna hammer, he'd be dead and I'd agree. But he made it clear he would and he did, so, of all the things to yell about with the slot, this is weak.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
On the flipside, why do it as town?

It's baffling behavior.
Baffling behaviour is null. That's what I'm saying.

If you actually want to lynch someone you dont blatantly throw everything you can dredge up that might be scummy. You take the major and undefendable points and you ram those through the gut. Adding weaker things just make your case easy to dismiss with strawmen and make people think you're just obsessed or they lose interest because you go on and on.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Baffling behaviour is null. That's what I'm saying.

If you actually want to lynch someone you dont blatantly throw everything you can dredge up that might be scummy. You take the major and undefendable points and you ram those through the gut. Adding weaker things just make your case easy to dismiss with strawmen and make people think you're just obsessed or they lose interest because you go on and on.
I'm not sure if I see it as a pure null read, but I'm also biased from my earlier read/case. I do see your point though.

Isn't that exactly what I did, though? I went through his post history, found things that really didn't add up, and saw enough of a consistent pattern to bring it up as a solid scum tell. At the same time I've been discussing, questioning, and talking with other slots about things; I'm not tunneling either.

He fails to give actual commitments to his reads until it's dragged out of him, he turns to character attacks as a first line of defence, and then he has this baffling behavior here. It's hard for me to read it null.

At the same time I do accept that you may be right, and the behavior may just be null. I'll sleep on it and rethink on it with fresh eyes.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Hey ya'll. Apologies for the wait; I was gonna wait for Red Ryu but he seems to have fallen asleep at his computer, so to speed things along...

Tom(8): Nabe, Ryker, Ranmaru, Mac, Pythag, UtopianAlien, Lore, Spak

Tom, Vanilla Townie, has died Day 2

Quiet time in thread. Please send in your actions if you have a night action. there are now 13 of you alive. I'll let #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu set up deadline

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Hi everybody

There's some personal life stuff going on with the mod team right now. I'm being a bit vague because I don't know how much they else they want me to say. For now, deadline is indefinite until further notice. As soon as I do have a notice, I'll be giving everyone at least 24 hours. Hang tight while we figure out what to do with this game.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
HEY EVERYBODY

I'll be allowing discussion in the thread on the strict basis that there is no scumhunting - We're going to be discussing something else; that'll be the activity of the game

We're going to have a vote on whether to Nuke and Reset, or to keep the game running.

"Why?"

1. There's been a lot of replacements, as you all know. We certainly haven't ran dry of them, but more replacements can cause morale to run dry
2. Everyone's busier than before - Summer's aren't free for a lot of us anymore, and even for say, me, I still do graduate school
3. There's a lot of people in this game - Even with Tom dead, we're at 13. This game will still take a while.
4. Life stuff has happened to the mods - Even if we continue on, it's going to be a little bit different. Instead of me as the reserve mod, that duty will go to Red Ryu, and Giraffel/I will be modding. (if he doesn't want to, I'll take over this game fully to make sure it runs at it's finest)

"So, why not nuke the game then?"

I'm in all of the PM's and I see that this thread has invested a lot of time and energy into the game. It's unfair to nuke it even if we (the co-mods) are starting to think it should be.

"What do the two options contain?"

Keep the game running - giraffelasergun giraffelasergun and I will take over more of the hosting duties. We'll give 48 hours for the night phase (at least) as soon as th is is chosen.

Nuke and Reset - I will nuke this game by posting up who everyone's roles are (or let everyone else talk it over if they prefer to reveal themselves); Giraffel and I will proceed to host a game with a smaller amount of players - 7, 11, or 13. It'll be in the same vein of this one so we won't do any ******* modding (Unless... you all prefer a B Mod game done by yours truly instead)

Vote Count:

Keep the game running (0) -
Nuke and Reset (0) -

Spak Spak #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary #HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker Pythag Pythag UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Lore Lore Rockin Rockin ranmaru ranmaru @ I hate tagging Soup so somebody do it for me

I'll need a majority to vote on keeping the game or nuking it and restarting anew. I'm giving this until Wednesday, if that's cool with ya'll.

(edit: Also deep apologies to anyone who's been tagged and has already requested replacement or been replaced)

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm not an official replacement yet, but my intent regardless of what alignment I landed was to not back-read. There's too much going on and I think trying to read into every line posted would be faulty and probably frustrating for the people waiting on me.

I'm fine with going from there or even nuking the game, but I don't think you can force people to stop being inactive by continuing to post as that gets tiring. Obviously Tom is not here but if I were in his position (I saw a post where he tried to make reads) I would feel pretty discouraged from posting or even overwhelmed from this alone.

Last edited:

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I’m trying to think how rude it would be to the mods to vote for nuking the game.

Obviously they’ve put a lot of effort into organizing this, and I don’t wish to disrespect, ans I find myself leaning towards a remake

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't think the thread is as unhealthy as it seems, it's just a bit confusing and maybe cluttered. You're all good players and an environment like that puts the test in ways that can be cumbersome. This isn't like the majority of games (not taking away from those who played in them) recently. It's like comparing Little League to MLB Baseball, and it's in my bias that DGames has a ton of ****ing star power and when a game like that is organized it's gonna be tough.

That being said, I'd love to see that stardom is a more controlled environment where people aren't breathing down each other's necks. I'd like a reset for that reason.

#HBC | ѕoup

I’m trying to think how rude it would be to the mods to vote for nuking the game.

Obviously they’ve put a lot of effort into organizing this, and I don’t wish to disrespect, ans I find myself leaning towards a remake
We're all friends here, I think what Ruy/Third would want is for us to enjoy ourselves over what integrity a setup or game has. The intent seemed pretty clear to me reading the OP this was just meant to be a homage in some ways, and I'd really like to see it done proper.

Top Bottom