• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

I'll reveal this much

Spak didn't want to vote Tom because Spak knew Tom was town. Also, Spak was gonna shoot Nabe and Nabe's just a VT. So, Spak/Nabe are off your scum guesses

And I'll allow you to guess on the mafia... for a couple more hours. Or until the Mafia gets bored.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My scum team guess is [Ryker, Mac, Rockin, Doop].

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
My scum team guess is [Ryker, Mac, Rockin, Doop].
Mac seems a bit random, but you've been direct on your Ryker read.

Pretty sure Rockin is scum though. Not sure after that tbh, I had a whole list of posts I had to reread depending on flips. Was waiting to see the night kill.

I was town btw, just played horribly. I should have slowed down and read slower D1.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Actually, the scum team was me, Doop, Red Ryu, and Giraffel. If you lynched one of us three mods, you'd lynch the rest of the team. It was all a social experiment to see how far we get - we intended for Doop to blow himself up on Day one just to mess with ya'll

Obviously I'm joking.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
fwiw im not tryna play w/nabe either. same stance as lore. to hell with self policing; i want standards and basic abidance of the spirit of the game

havent played that crash game but saw some gameplay and it looks tight

in reality im just hyped for pso2 next year and hope we can get a group goin lol

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
marshy pick up CTR. you/me/giraffel should totally play it.

i bought it on switch and PS4

re: nabe - I'm okay with allowing Nabe back in as long as he promises not to do what he was doing in this game (I don't know what that is) - we need basic standards.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup, I'll try to post much less in the next game. Just don't be surprised when I am not engaged. Barely posting gives me apathy.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
gopher explaining to me. I'll listen with open ears. I've modded a lot of games, especially in my prime (sometimes I was modding 5-6 games at once)
We had massive inactivity issues, with several players replacing out or at minimum giving large excuses. Those latter players (FF JTB etc) at least had the courtesy to actually attempt to play the game and post content.

Nabe did absolutely nothing the entire game, just coasted and prod dodged. I'm not even talking prod dodging with content, I'm talking full on fluff posts to dodge.

His only "content" was arguing near the end where I and others brought up directly to him how crappy that behavior was.

Others were inactive, but Nabe was by far the worst. And he apparently had zero remorse.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
so my take on the nabe thing:

dude was vla for a ****ing week and we were cool with it by not speaking out about it. dude was gone ALL D1. thats gonna set someone back. and being involved in current situations in a game when youre not fully caught up can be a reeeeeally bad look regardless of alignment. it can let you fall into really ****ty traps. nabes not a quantitatively HUGE poster anyhow, and his posts led me to think hed be coming back and posting more the next Day.

but on the flip side it was really really really ****ing ****ty that he wasnt being transparent with us about the whole ordeal at the very least.

with that in mind my real opinion is that im fine either way... but man am i a sucker for nabe

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Soup, I'll try to post much less in the next game. Just don't be surprised when I am not engaged. Barely posting gives me apathy.
why not just pace yourself and post it at the right time in flow with the thread. you can still do your playstyle just not overboard

like i feel theres a definite sweetspot between what youre trying to do versus being disengaged altogether. like ryker does what you do to an extent but is aware of not flooding the thread

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
so my take on the nabe thing:

dude was vla for a ****ing week and we were cool with it by not speaking out about it. dude was gone ALL D1. thats gonna set someone back. and being involved in current situations in a game when youre not fully caught up can be a reeeeeally bad look regardless of alignment. it can let you fall into really ****ty traps. nabes not a quantitatively HUGE poster anyhow, and his posts led me to think hed be coming back and posting more the next Day.

but on the flip side it was really really really ****ing ****ty that he wasnt being transparent with us about the whole ordeal at the very least.

with that in mind my real opinion is that im fine either way... but man am i a sucker for nabe
Like I'm the poster person for looking bad by posting before catching up.

But did he ever give an excuse besides a game translation coming out, plus a single weekend road trip?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't know what the right time is though and what pace honestly

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I don't know what the right time is though and what pace honestly
@#HBC | Gorf

i feel like youre better at giving constructive feedback in a way thatd b helpful to ran on this subject. im not sure how to parse it right now

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
"much less" nah. i seriously do want to get with you and talk through game theory some before a reset happens because i definitely DONT want to not have you in the next game. but i think the sheer volume of posting you do makes it cumbersome for town to parse and easy for scum to sidestep.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
"much less" nah. i seriously do want to get with you and talk through game theory some before a reset happens because i definitely DONT want to not have you in the next game. but i think the sheer volume of posting you do makes it cumbersome for town to parse and easy for scum to sidestep.
I'd appreciate a similar talk tbh. I definitely didn't play too well here.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Oh, the game got nuked... Thank you Spak Spak for replacing me, I really enjoy your play style from what I've seen!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
ranmaru ranmaru

I'm not Gorf but from my own personal struggles you'd be surprised how much reflection and just watching things ensue instead of jumping in helps your reads, and promotes a better game state.

You need to be more conscious about what others are saying and then taking that feedback and stringing it along in your own way, because sometimes I think you unintentionally make the thread about yourself which defeats a lot of purpose in the first place. It's not that you need to suddenly change who you are, you just need to be less anxious about your opinion not being heard or needing the crutch of dialoguing with someone. Get more comfortable with yourself man and the rest will follow.

Last edited:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote: Don't nuke fwiw because I just think giving up on games is kinda wack even if they aren't running the smoothest but I get everyone's frustration, just contributing my worthless inactive 2 cents

Yeah D2 was a **** show for me, crazy ****ing work week and then my best friend from college surprise visited me Fri-Sun for my birthday which was yesterday and I couldn't justify spending multiple hours during his visit to do catch up reading and posting as much as I had originally planned using the weekend to do so. So yeah I dropped the ball on that and contributed to the frustration the really active players were feelings and I can own up to that ****, sorry bros

If we're nuking this game and restarting I'd love to get in on it but I also understand if I'm not welcome given my abhorrent D2 in this game. If y'all want more bodies def give me a holler as I'd like a shot at redemption but if you're trying to thin out the player list and play a smaller size game Im not trying to box anyone out who would be significantly more active than me

Maybe my attitude has just changed and I care less about winning/losing or playing like a top tier quality mega competitive game? I was just trying to have some fun playing in a big game with old homies. I def didn't come into this game with the attitude that I was gonna put in a performance for the history books and I really wasn't expecting that from anyone else. Kinda saw this game more like friendlies than tournament I guess. My bad if that wasn't what people were going for

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Maybe my attitude has just changed and I care less about winning/losing or playing like a top tier quality mega competitive game? I was just trying to have some fun playing in a big game with old homies. I def didn't come into this game with the attitude that I was gonna put in a performance for the history books and I really wasn't expecting that from anyone else. Kinda saw this game more like friendlies than tournament I guess. My bad if that wasn't what people were going for
no. this was my exact mindset going into the game and i imagine most people shared it

i for one dont hold anything against you for this game. **** happens and ive seen you come thru before; it seems like you just got blindsided by unpredictable irl circumstances that couldnt b foreseen. id love to see you in the next one

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Oh, the game got nuked... Thank you Spak Spak for replacing me, I really enjoy your play style from what I've seen!
My only criticism was the sudden turn to personal attacks as a defence, along with the indefinite reads. It definitely felt off to me and led to my scum read.

Otherwise, props to him for joining such a packed and intense game later than even I did. He did his best.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
no. this was my exact mindset going into the game and i imagine most people shared it

i for one dont hold anything against you for this game. **** happens and ive seen you come thru before; it seems like you just got blindsided by unpredictable irl circumstances that couldnt b foreseen. id love to see you in the next one
Yeah agreed with this take. FF was open and honest about his issues, scum or town. It felt genuine.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
btw Tom Tom

sorry for misreading you. i was hoping to push you near deadline and get you to extrapolate on your reads but then that quicklynch happened and i died

btw that d1 dogpile on doop was the funniest **** ive seen in a while. my reaction in my role pm immediately afterwards:
LMFAO

HAHAHAHAHHA

THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST LYNCH IVE SEEN IN FOREVER

Top Bottom