• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Vote Tom

I am PERFECTLY fine with this being a real option. On a scumflip I don't think it clears Nabe in any sense.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
@Everyone jumping on the Tom wagon: What do you think you'll find out from Tom's flip, and why is he a better option than FF?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Spak Spak In addition to what you said, we learn about you and UP. I notice UP has tried very hard not to comment on Tom unless asked. (He states a null read on me during Tom v Ran but neglected to mention Tom) You have a town read on him when he should be at most, null. He left a vote on Rockin, and isn't doing anything to determine scum beyond that. He is better only because of Mac's #1584 and Marshy's #1302. I must remind people, it's Sunday morning and his last post was on Thursday: #2107.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright boys captain RL johns checking in here's the deal I'll keep it a buck

I've been insanely busy since saturday. My close buddy lost a tough trial and needed to blow off steam so we got ****ed up all saturday night to take his mind off it. Sunday was part recovery and part finishing moving in to my new place since I literally just moved to a new place on the 8th and hadn't truly fully unpacked. Had to get up early Monday to work what ended up being a 12 hour day of **** tons of reading and writing a bunch of pretrial motions and responses to motions because a bunch of cases with similar deadlines are hitting a busy point. I go home, raid for 3 hours and essentially pass out while doing it at the end. I was burnt the **** out yesterday. Then today rinse and repeat no bull****. My job has crazy spikes of busyness just because of arbitrary deadlines and the way cases line up because I'm managing like 65 of them simultaneously. Tbh I'm sure this is already more than enough detail for a john you don't care to read but yeah that's what I've been up to. Pushing through burnout hardcore right now just to get this check in post done but I wanted to let yall know that I'm still in its just that my activity this phase is gonna be more tail heavy because its gonna be hard to give this threat more than an hour or so of attention a day until friday

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Although he should be here by now as well. I also think we should re-think UP.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Although he should be here by now as well. I also think we should re-think UP.
I think a Tom scum flip might make me rethink UP more, but I’m still not concerned.

Spak Spak
Realistically, I don’t know how much MORE we learn from a Tom lynch than a FF. It’s essentially a scummy inactive lynch at this point. I’m down for either of those.

The most we learn is probably from a lore lynch,
The most we benefit I think comes from a scummy inactive, ff or tom (insert JTB for others)
Second most is an inactive -nabe, jtb

FF has caught much for scummy flak, while Tom has just flown under the radar, as ran stated, disappearing whenever he’s thought to be town.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm a fan of Ran's reasoning, and it makes sense enough for me to add Tom to my inactive-clearing lynch pool.

My only question is this: do we really learn more from a Tom lynch compared to a JTB one? Way more people voted for JTB and suspected him over the course of the game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We do learn more from it, and as I said, we learn about UP and Spak as well.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Spak Spak Right now we are in a bit of a tricky situation, and we need everyone on board a lynch and focused.

Are you OK with me delaying my replies to your stuff until D3? I still suspect you (and still dislike how you've misrepresented me), but right now it's clear that you won't be the play. I'd rather not muddle up the thread further with stuff that won't matter toDay.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
We do learn more from it, and as I said, we learn about UP and Spak as well.
While the UP point has at least some merit, I'm not sure on the Spak one. A lot of people had Tom as town until recently, myself included.

It does put the analysis from people on RanVTom in a different light though, along with the other early content. So I see your point, but I'm still not sure how it compares to JTB who had multiple wagon-attempts and people suspicious of him, including Rockin.

I will also add that given the dire state of the game, I'm for literally any lynch from my pool, including Tom. I'll hop on whatever wagon from that pool has steam.

Eh **** it, I'll go ahead and put it on Tom. But I'd still like my questions answered re: JTB.

Vote: Tom

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This isn't an info lynch, that's simply what we get from it due to Spak's question. Tom's scum. Simple as that.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The sheer irony of you tunneling this hard while accusing me of similar is hilarious.

Also can you not insult someone in almost every single post?
I don't recall accusing you of tunneling, so if you'd like to point out where I did that, be my guest.

I'm pretty sure that with less than 24hr to deadline I should be vocal about who I think is the best lynch for today.

Saying someone has bad direction isn't insulting them.

Frankly your whole post is wrong.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kary's right about being vocal, he's just wrong and I have to open his eyes.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
The issue is that you've been spouting about a Lore lynch more or less non stop for the past few days.

We get it. You want me lynched. But you've barely given input on other slots, beyond insults.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I find him to be more likely scum. I also trust Marshy's read on him as well, as Marshy tends to be very accurate.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vote Count: RANMARU

Lore (3): Kary, Spak, Rockin
Rockin (3): Pythag, Tom, Utopian
Frozen Flame(1): JTB
Nabe(1): gorf
JTB(1): Mac
Tom(4): Nabe, Ranmaru, Ryker, Lore

Not Voting(1): FrozenFlame,

With 14 alive, it takes 8 for majority.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The issue is that you've been spouting about a Lore lynch more or less non stop for the past few days.

We get it. You want me lynched. But you've barely given input on other slots, beyond insults.
If you're sick of reading me repeating myself, maybe you should skim or ignore my posts.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Hello! Hola! Will be back in an hour, just wanted to let yall know that i arrived safely and can answer Ranmaru's questioning. I see that there have been a lot of complaints on inactives, but I'd rather see FF gone than Tom tbh. FF's whole nature has been more scummy than Tom not helping town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm talking about the gambit. Look, here is UP to talk about how he doesn't want Tom.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hello! Hola! Will be back in an hour, just wanted to let yall know that i arrived safely and can answer Ranmaru's questioning. I see that there have been a lot of complaints on inactives, but I'd rather see FF gone than Tom tbh. FF's whole nature has been more scummy than Tom not helping town.
Vote for Lore

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
If it was just one time, I could see it as just being bad. But they already had a 'hard scum read' on Poyzin based on approximately nothing, which fizzled into nothing in a very public and over-sharing way. Now they turn up with another 'hard scum read' that again, has poor foundations and is not a realistic waggon this close to deadline. It doesn't read as genuine to me and is more just opportunistic. Add this to the Doop connections, the awful reaction to the Poyzin gambit, the questionable reads list, the tone in general which reads more as trying to please everyone... I've played a couple games with Lore recently and it was pretty apparent to me when they were town. This doesn't add up to me.
this is fair and honestly makes me rethink where i stand re: lore (yet again). im reminded of how weird it was that he was really against the pythag, jtb and doop wagons but then was super down to push me, UP and jexs. the logic there just didn't add up at all to me either. and with the doop connections, it does kinda feel like a no brainer to lynch this guy

but my gut isn't there and i still can't help but feel like it'd be really dumb to off Lore over the other inactive / useless slots.

i think maybe if others were feeling it more i'd be more down with this direction... argh idk

re: Tom, i'm definitely ok with this direction. i agree though, that we don't learn that much from it, (but i don't think we'd learn much from FF and Nabe either who are in the same category). Tom has looked shady from his early d1 behavior and i've been tryna give him the benefit of the doubt but his lack of contributions since d1 hasn't helped the slot at all. there's a good chance he flips scum and it's a slot we're definitely gonna have to worry about later in the game and i don't trust some of the players playing to adequately resolve him (esp given how so many ppl had him as town which still doesn't ****in make sense)

though i think if we're gonna lynch anyone in that category i prefer it be Nabe, and as an aside the fact that this late Tom wagon that he started might go through kinda annoys me

will vote Tom in a bit as it seems to be the lynch people are starting to converge on

but i just want to say:

JTB is still an option yall. Rockin is still an option. Nabe is still an option.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
M Mac tbh I’ve been rereading Kary as well, trying to take a different perspective and I’m now thinking I could actually vote lore.

The main difference being, not bending over backwards to give people the benefit of the doubt, which is almost certainly poisoning my views.

The inactive are options too, I agree, and Nabes Tom vote could be coordinated with other scum as a way of steering the convo, since Tom is a huge question mark.

I’m on mobile for the next few hours

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Vote: Spak

This is gonna be a rough week for me. I won't be as active as I was previously, but I will leave you with a mega post. I was trying to pack for a flight yesterday, and i flew out last night. If any of you are in Vancouver, don't say anything to me because that would be awkward as hell.

Will be offline for 48 hours, starting 8 hours from now.

Town (most to least):
KevinM
Marshy

Poyzin
Ranmaru
Gorf
Mac

Slight Town:
Ryker
Lore

Null:
Nabe
Pythag
Rockin
Kary

Scumreads:
FrozenFlame
JTB
Spak

Comprehensible next post with quotes. I get that I haven't been reliable time wise, but I am free up until 4:30 Pacific. I will have time this time.
Huh, I did. Sorry about that, Tom should be null between rockin and pythag. Still would rather go JTB slot or rockin if we're lynching an inactive.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
this is fair and honestly makes me rethink where i stand re: lore (yet again). im reminded of how weird it was that he was really against the pythag, jtb and doop wagons but then was super down to push me, UP and jexs. the logic there just didn't add up at all to me either. and with the doop connections, it does kinda feel like a no brainer to lynch this guy

but my gut isn't there and i still can't help but feel like it'd be really dumb to off Lore over the other inactive / useless slots.

i think maybe if others were feeling it more i'd be more down with this direction... argh idk
Quick note on D1 Pythag and JTB stuff: most of that was from me not really understanding where it came from, on my initial read it felt like it came out of nowhere. So I asked about it due to being confused. I feel stronger on JTB and mostly null on Pythag, with the bulk of my suspicions being based on how Doop and now Spak, a scum read of mine, have acted with him. His own content has been generally solid.

I'm also still very much in favor of Rockin or others ahead of Tom, but I'm for anyone from my pool getting the hit. Rockin is my top pick still.

Also where did Rockin go? Feels like he vanished, unless I missed posts from him yesterday.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lore Lore how do you feel about ryker, Kary and Gorf all totally convinced you’re scum?
Do you think one of them is scum?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lore Lore how do you feel about ryker, Kary and Gorf all totally convinced you’re scum?
Do you think one of them is scum?
I think Ryker is doing the Ryker thing of latching on to a main target and not letting go, while also still considering other people. His read on me is consistent so far and doesn't feel like SvT, more TvT in my eyes.

Kary is tunneling imo.

Gorf seems mixed on my slot lately, and I don't take his read on me as town or scum. I feel like it was genuine, from what it's worth.

I feel like one of them could certainly be well-playing scum (although I mostly doubt it), but I don't think we should even be considering them toDay. I'm a bit confused why you're wanting to discuss them when they are completely not the play this close to deadline.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So Kary tunneling is a scum tell?
Not really, it's just my opinion of him. Overall I think Kary is town, just a toxic player. He had plenty of opportunities to paint me as worse for my heated reaction to him earlier, and instead he admitted to intentionally trying to rile me up. I highly doubt scum would have passed up that chance to throw shade on me with zero consequences.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rockin has viewed twice and has not cared to post and is cool with leaving things as they are. He tells Macman that he is scum hunting but it doesn't seem like that way here. He seems more content in staying silent. I'm cool with wagons being between Tom and Rockin right now.

Top Bottom