• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
At the top of my head, only slightly better. I remember his post on Kary and Lore interactions. Mostly has been asking questions. I feel his vote on the Doop wagon was weird, and overall didn't like his Day 1 play.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
At the top of my head, only slightly better. I remember his post on Kary and Lore interactions. Mostly has been asking questions. I feel his vote on the Doop wagon was weird, and overall didn't like his Day 1 play.
Out of curiosity, where’s Tom fall on your scale?
Equally scummy as me?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Slightly less scummy, due to his contributions to the thread. Yet still somewhat scummy due to his placement on the doop wagon, and his scarcity today. It feels he dropped off after Mac's concerns with him and UP's gambit on Ryker which made him look worse to some people.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
work is kicking my ass today so probably another relatively scarce day, but ill be around pretty much all day tomorrow after like 2ish

i still feel like nabe is a solid lynch for reasons previously stated, and im feeling even less willing to give him another phase to prod dodge while more focus is on more active players/players that have played enough to have connections, just to decide to hold off on lynching him. idk, its just frustrating.

aside from that, i feel like lynching jtb or rockin are both pretty safe bets. i wont have any issue with lynching any of these three, but my order of preference atm is nabe>jtb>rockin

vote: nabe

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We should be lynching Rockin. Rockin is scum, and breaks open the game I feel.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
We should be lynching Rockin. Rockin is scum, and breaks open the game I feel.
This game is never getting broken open. It's going to continue being a **** show because we have 25% of the playerlist doing nothing.

Then sell me on Rockin scum. I have a very hard time seeing it being better than a Lore lynch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rockin was voting JTB, his null read, instead of joining the Doop wagon when it grew speed. (Doop and Jex were his scumleans) He saw Doop self vote, but didn't vote because he felt that the game might have been called off. (Because of Marshy's suggestion) That's weak reasoning for not posting at all. He really doesn't have the desire to determine alignment. Example: He never responded to my #442.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lore has had some questionable parts of his play, but he at least has the desire to look for scum, and he was the one that noticed Rockin was still parked on his null read and not actively looking to change that. I also think that he sometimes reacts angrily at times votes in a way I feel that is town indicative. It brings too much attention to him, and I don't think scum would want to do so. I also like that while under pressure, he's still been trying to find mafia, while Rockin kind of just defended himself and became scarce. Between Lore and Rockin, I want Rockin gone.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I go in depth onto why Rockin is scum in my #1628. It even has Gorf's question to Rockin, and your question to Rockin, which I felt were both solid questions which noticed some questionable behavior from Rockin.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Rockin was voting JTB, his null read, instead of joining the Doop wagon when it grew speed. (Doop and Jex were his scumleans) He saw Doop self vote, but didn't vote because he felt that the game might have been called off. (Because of Marshy's suggestion) That's weak reasoning for not posting at all. He really doesn't have the desire to determine alignment. Example: He never responded to my #442.
Ran, Rockin didn't post anything between Doop asking to replace out and the end of the Day.

WHY would he admit to being around but not being sure what to do with his vote, if he was scum?
He could just claim he wasn't around at the time
OR if he was scum with Doop, why didn't he just jump on after Doop self-voted?

Also, not responding to your post where you waffle on and on without asking any specific question is a very weak reason.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks for the answer. But why keep the vote on a null read when you have two others as scum reads/leans, even if they weren't going to be the play?.
We were close to deadline, and I wanted to make sure we at least get a lynch out instead of a possible no lynch situation (I seen that happen from time to time in previous games close to deadline). Doop voted on himself and steam was picking up on votes, so I was 'stuck' there on JTB (cause again, I didn't know what the game state was on whether we were going to call it or not). It was an awkward situation.

You are mistaken. I never left TO work yet. I will be leaving to work in a few minutes and won't come back till really late at night (2AM for me or more).

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Lore has had some questionable parts of his play, but he at least has the desire to look for scum, and he was the one that noticed Rockin was still parked on his null read and not actively looking to change that. I also think that he sometimes reacts angrily at times votes in a way I feel that is town indicative. It brings too much attention to him, and I don't think scum would want to do so. I also like that while under pressure, he's still been trying to find mafia, while Rockin kind of just defended himself and became scarce. Between Lore and Rockin, I want Rockin gone.
Lore has zero desire to find scum. He is just trying to find faults with people's play. Look at his case on Spak:

a) Spak answered a question about a possible flip situation ---> therefore Spak is trying to set up back to back mislynches as scum.
b) Spak answered a question Pythag asked, but has Pythag as a scumread --> Spak's read on Pythag is fake and Spak is scum.

This is the most reachy and ridiculous **** anyone could ever make into an argument. It's actually more blinkered than your arguments.

But even though Lore is turning tiny insignificant things into 'hard scum reads', he has no problems with me, Ryker, Tom, or anyone else who could destroy his arguments in seconds, because he's only picking on people he thinks he can get lynched.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He was being questioned as to why he kept his vote on JTB, who he was null on. So he was trying to justify why he was still on him.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You think Rockin not being on the Doop lynch is fishy, Lore says before it happens that he thinks it's a bad idea.... and then after the lynch happens, on Day 2, makes sure to put together a case on how Doop was scummy.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
He was being questioned as to why he kept his vote on JTB, who he was null on. So he was trying to justify why he was still on him.
Who brought up that question? Was it Lore? Someone who ALSO thought the Doop waggon was sketchy, yet he criticizes Rockin for something he also did?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think it's more likely that Rockin is scum for that than Lore, since I feel scum would opt to being more subtle or bussing. I don't think that's something scum would want to say afterwards either. Also note that Rockin voted Doop earlier and had to be questioned about it from you and Gorf.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Who brought up that question? Was it Lore? Someone who ALSO thought the Doop waggon was sketchy, yet he criticizes Rockin for something he also did?
It was Lore. Are you saying Lore kept his vote on a null read?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Popping in for a short bit, but I'm definitely not a fan of this:

Lore has zero desire to find scum. He is just trying to find faults with people's play. Look at his case on Spak:

a) Spak answered a question about a possible flip situation ---> therefore Spak is trying to set up back to back mislynches as scum.
b) Spak answered a question Pythag asked, but has Pythag as a scumread --> Spak's read on Pythag is fake and Spak is scum.

This is the most reachy and ridiculous **** anyone could ever make into an argument. It's actually more blinkered than your arguments.

But even though Lore is turning tiny insignificant things into 'hard scum reads', he has no problems with me, Ryker, Tom, or anyone else who could destroy his arguments in seconds, because he's only picking on people he thinks he can get lynched.
If you're going to devolve my post-by-post breakdown of Spak into this strawman, you're ridiculous.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lore has zero desire to find scum. He is just trying to find faults with people's play. Look at his case on Spak: This is the most reachy and ridiculous **** anyone could ever make into an argument. It's actually more blinkered than your arguments./QUOTE]

I disagree. I was re-reading and noticed that he pushed Jex and Mac for hopping on JTB, although it was a weak reason. He has multiple instances of weak reasoning, but I don't think his plan as scum would be to do that, and repeat it over and over again. Also, I have been reachy in the past as town, and I think I'm trying to be less reachy so I can understand it coming from a town mindset. Seeing his scum play in Mafia Sleep Over 3, I would expect him to be more cautious as mafia.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So, the reason why Rockin would admit he was around was because he needed to answer why he stayed on JTB until the end of the phase. He can't really wiggle out of that.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So, the reason why Rockin would admit he was around was because he needed to answer why he stayed on JTB until the end of the phase. He can't really wiggle out of that.
--> He could just claim he wasn't around at the time that the waggon happened (since it happened so fast).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So Gorf (and Ryker) you guys wanted to know of my reads, so here they are

[townlean]

Gorf

[Null to slightly town]

Macman
Ryker
Marshy
Tom
Ranmaru

[Null]

KevinM
Kary
Pythag
Frozenflame
UP
Lore

[Scum Lean]

Jex
Doop

So the people in the 'Null to slightly town' have shown some townie actions and statements, but i'm not confident enough to put them in town leans cause I'm currently having a hard time reading them. Ranmaru I can read a bit better, but i'm not confident enough to call it a townlean due to the gut mostly thinking he's town.

All those there in the null are a bit too big for my liking, and would like to know more about them as far as what they're thinking.
Page before Doop wagon gains steam.

JTB is null currently.

and yeah, I feel his gut was accurate (or at least, I understood what he meant by it bothering him). Initially, when I first read through JTB's post before and after FF's post, I didn't see anything wrong. After rereading them, I can see some posts and statements that bothered him specifically. However, because it was mostly a gut read, I felt it wasn't enough justification for a vote.
Is nabe going to be replaced as well?
This was after Doop had four votes.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Specifically, the nabe question post was after the Doop wagon. So, he had to notice the Doop wagon gaining speed if he cared to scroll up the thread.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If he claimed that he wasn't around he'd be claiming that he simply entered that page to read the bottom half of the page and then dip.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If anything, he was voting a null read and not doing anything with it. He's not doing anything to progress the game further. Rockin needs death.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
On last skim I could have sworn that Ryker and Gorf were both... not cool with my inactivity, but more interested in looking at real targets instead. I don't know what makes me 'malicious' (I'm reading up on a big thread) re: Ryker, but Gorf's 2286 definitely gives me the impression that I missed something on that front, even though I felt like I hadn't.

Commenting on myself and idle thoughts are basically all I have until I'm caught up, but I don't think that lacks value. I'm also a piece to help make something happen, if someone is patient enough to retread their case a bit.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Specifically, the nabe question post was after the Doop wagon. So, he had to notice the Doop wagon gaining speed if he cared to scroll up the thread.
Yeah but the Doop waggon was at 4 votes and JTB was at 5... or is he just scum for not switching straight away?

If anything, he was voting a null read and not doing anything with it. He's not doing anything to progress the game further. Rockin needs death.
Pythag isn't doing anything to advance the game. Neither is Tom. Or Nabe. Or Frozen. Or JTB.

We're not getting anywhere here, are we.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Scum for not posting and avoiding the wagon, yes. If he didn't feel his vote was needed he could still comment. Indeed, and I feel the best place to start, is with Rockin. I agree, we aren't getting anywhere. I'll leave it at that, I'm just repeating myself.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Calling all #HBC. Calling all #HBC. I need Rockin hard bodied right the **** outta here.

Top Bottom