• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Get a load of this guy.

I thought I was the biggest douchebag to touch mafia, but I've finally met someone in a class of their own.
Well then explain why it is better to lynch JTB before FF if you think FF is more likely to be scum. Yes I can act like a douchebag but I still have a point.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Mac you want me to scumhunt, and I have. I'm unsure what else you may want from me (as well as those other than Ran)

I know I'm not going to convince Ranmaru to get off my back with his scumtell on me. The reason why I've been avoiding answering the question is that there seems to be no point. He wants me to answer question that seems to hold either very little meaning or just something to spin back at me. I also feel like Lore will latch onto me no matter what I say as well.

I've answered question, gave my few statements on something that was on my mind, and took note of something that I find scummy that was either gut based or logic based.

Unlike those spineless people who may have wanted to replace out, I'm going to keep going with this ship till I am lynched/we win the game as town. If you have a problem with my scumhunting, then give me something to work with. Cause right now, we're playing with a few active people and the key people that we WANT to hear from hasn't said anything yet (Tom, FF, Nabe)

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Unlike those spineless people who may have wanted to replace out, I'm going to keep going with this ship till I am lynched/we win the game as town.
Is this Rockin on form? I feel like I've never played with the guy.

Lore and Rockin both don't feel super like-the-play, on absolutely nothing but gut. A very brief dive towards the start of D2 makes me say I'd keep Rockin of the two (looking at 1402 from Lore), but that's still gut at the end of the day.

Ran "not trusting" Ryker (1389) is just a weird take, and 1502 is mystifying.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
(thanks btw, I do feel better this morning)

I'm not sure if you read my post-by-post breakdown that includes all of your posts re: me, or if you're missing my point here.

The issue that I'm having is that you almost never gave a definitive, set-in-stone read on either me or Utopian. Pretty much every read past the first initial big catch up post included some clause that would let you wiggle out of it and change. Stuff like "I'll need to reread later" or "here's what I think but it could also totally be something else too." Like here, where you definitively say that you don't consider it SvS, but you immediately account for other possibilities and give yourself an out to go in one of three directions post flip:

Pretty much every post that involves your read on me or Utopian has this kind of language, and the main one that doesn't (Utopian post-gambit), you immediately backtrack on and reverse opinions after someone brings it up to you.

It's weird, and it's enough for me to have you as a scum read, especially after your defense went for an attack of character rather than just plain reasoning. Then combine it with JeXs behavior (and I will reply to your big post re: that and other stuff) and it just gets worse.

Fair, Rockin or Nabe is likely the play today if I'm not it. At this point I'm still fine with being the play if necessary, but I feel less strongly that I need to by lynched asap. Other slots are being discussed, scumhunting is happening, and we are no longer arguing in circles about me instead of dropping the hammer. My complaint has been addressed.

I'd include JTB in that, but it sounds like Gorf and others find it to go against the spirit of the game. I'd actually love a chill convo post-game about that, but I'm also starting to agree on self-policing being a necessary thing rather than just mod action.

Vote: Rockin

Also whether it's as town or scum, I don't think I've ever seen Rockin not vote for someone pushing his lynch, lol. I take his vote on me as a null tell.
OK, after stepping back and re-reading our interaction from yesterday, I can see your argument. My language is typically noncommittal (lots of "maybe"s and "probably"s) due to me not knowing the actual setup and not wanting to make an incorrect assumption that could lead me down the wrong path entirely. With that said, I concur that the noncommittal nature of my language could be seen as generating a means to have an out (although I still don't entirely see how anyone could make committal statements over theories, no matter how string). I also apologize for how out-of-hand some of my comments got yesterday; I just got frustrated because I thought you were flat-out ignoring my posts saying that I didn't think you and Uto are SvS rather than just thinking I could back out of them. Kinda ironic that I misrepresented your play as blind when you just weren't buying that I was hard committing to what I was stating :p.

Also, sorry for being gone today, but a friend dropped by unexpectedly at 5:00. I left work early because I have flexible hours, but that also meant that I ended up working 9:00-11:30 PM, and the other people in my apartment just got to sleep, but I wanted to check in at least sometime today before going to bed. Hopefully I'll be able to be on at least a good amount of tomorrow, but I'm super tired and just need to get to bed. Night, all!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Well then explain why it is better to lynch JTB before FF if you think FF is more likely to be scum. Yes I can act like a douchebag but I still have a point.
I already outlined it earlier. A lot of my read on FF hinges on the way his JTB read developed (or lack of development in this case) and the way that his hop onto that wagon is disgusting.

That looks MUCH less awful if JTB is actually scum.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So we have you, Ran, Spak, Lore, Gorf, Mac, Rockin, Pythag, and me who can all mobilize.

That is only one more than majority. Lynching WITHIN that group will require either an outside vote from one of the people who've been inactive or it will take unanimous decision.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rockin > Pythag > Spak for me right now. That's my people I'd be willing to lynch today.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Rockin > Pythag > Spak for me right now. That's my people I'd be willing to lynch today.
My order hasn't changed.

I'm getting more and more certain Nabe needs to be removed, however, because what he's doing IS playing the game. It's blatant prod dodging. He shows up and asks one question or he posts 1-2 takes and then disappears again. No ETA on when he'll be able to commit. No more updates on why he's been unable to play. No request to replace out.

I REALLY don't want to lynch down our pool of actually present voters when we have that slot around.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Skimming the last few pages, which is inherently meaningless, I don't think Lore is scum. Mac seems off.

ranmaru ranmaru Having a small active cast skews scumreads towards the active players, in my experience. Do you think any active player looks worse currently than they would if the whole cast were active?
This **** pisses me off. There is NOTHING in here that helps you read Nabe or lets me know when I can expect to be able to read Nabe.

Remove it. It's reaching the point of being malicious in its inactivity.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What do you think of Spak not interacting with Pythag when Pythag is his scumlean?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Looking at the player list

With 14 alive, it takes 8 for majority.
If we mislynch within our group of actives and then have one more night killed, we go down to needing absolute unity among our active posters to reach a lynch, else we give a bunch of the power to the inactive slots. IN ADDITION, the coasting slots get to keep hiding in a large group of ****.

If you believe we live in a world where there is at least one scum lurking at this point, then you need to be lynching them now so we can work through it before the end game.

If we lynch outside of it now, we will have to lynch through that entire list for the remainder of the game, in all likelihood, and we'll be counting on the inactive players who step up to be the town ones and not the scum ones. I don't like it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What do you think of Spak not interacting with Pythag when Pythag is his scumlean?
Not everyone plays like you and I do in that respect. I don't think not interacting with your scumlean is a scum tell for certain. When it is, it's dependent on other factors. Meta, for example. If you were doing that, I would have a problem. Spak, not so much.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think it's possible. Although I do think we should be thinking about the Doop wagon. For example, Nabe, JTB, and FF were all off the wagon, while Tom was on it. That's mostly why I want to look at Pythag and Spak.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dgames really needs vigilantes or mechanics that can help us deal with inactivity. I like the Rockin wagon though, and it has some steam so I'd rather stay on it. If the only lynch that was possible would be Nabe then I would put my vote on it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I think it's possible. Although I do think we should be thinking about the Doop wagon. For example, Nabe, JTB, and FF were all off the wagon, while Tom was on it. That's mostly why I want to look at Pythag and Spak.
Wait, what?

Those statements seem disconnected. Are you still assuming it was a major bus?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, I am still assuming it was a bus. I also think there might have been a scum off the wagon as well, but not more than one. That's why I feel we should be looking at Pythag and Spak.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yes, I am still assuming it was a bus. I also think there might have been a scum off the wagon as well, but not more than one. That's why I feel we should be looking at Pythag and Spak.
That is a MASSIVE assumption.

Let's say you're wrong. Let's say there were two off the wagon.

In this world, Rockin has the most momentum and I'm unwilling to lynch Spak and Pythag, so Rockin gets lynched. Rockin flips town.

Gorf, Mac, or Kary gets killed.

What do you do tomorrow? What's your leading push?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If I thought there were 2 off the wagon, I'd push FF for his weak town read on Doop. Yet I must emphasize, Jex's hammer.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm not worried about "if you think," I'm trying to see where the road leads. At this point, you think the wagon was a huge bus? Does the Rockin flip change that? Where do you look tomorrow if Rockin flips town?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I look at Tom. He also never had Doop as a priority Day 1, voted when doop self voted, and today Tom is pretty scarce. (Mostly after Mac posted his concerns with him)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
There's no games here. I'm not going to end up calling you scum. I just think the landscape of this game changes a TON based on this lynch and what YOU do afterward.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The concerns with them don't disappear, no. Tom is just someone I would look into in addition to them.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yes, I do.
That ****ing terrifies me because I think this is a game losing play.

That leaves Tom, FF, Nabe, and JTB all standing walking into day 4. Possibly minus one if we have a JOAT who is willing to oblige us and doesn't run into a BP or jailer.

I'm not okay with that.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So we have you, Ran, Spak, Lore, Gorf, Mac, Rockin, Pythag, and me who can all mobilize.

That is only one more than majority. Lynching WITHIN that group will require either an outside vote from one of the people who've been inactive or it will take unanimous decision.
I am going to be mostly out due to some unexpected plans today, but I'll have my phone and can make simple responses/vote/answer questions.

My priority is Rockin/Spak > JTB > FF > Nabe unless I'm forgetting someone (literally just woke up), and I will move my vote to whoever you guys decide on out of that pool. I trust your judgment Ryker, same with Ran.

Honestly while Rockin/Spak are scum reads, at least they're ****ing active. I can accept them not being the lynch today for the sake of the game itself. I'm very ****ing frustrated at this situation.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am willing to compromise. I am more willing to have an inactive lynch on D3. My concern is that I do feel Pythag has a high chance of being scum as well.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I am going to be mostly out due to some unexpected plans today, but I'll have my phone and can make simple responses/vote/answer questions.

My priority is Rockin/Spak > JTB > FF > Nabe unless I'm forgetting someone (literally just woke up), and I will move my vote to whoever you guys decide on out of that pool. I trust your judgment Ryker, same with Ran.

Honestly while Rockin/Spak are scum reads, at least they're ****ing active. I can accept them not being the lynch today for the sake of the game itself. I'm very ****ing frustrated at this situation.
As long as you're here tomorrow, we're fine even in a worst case scenario.

Top Bottom