• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
idk why yall hating on the JTB wagon

ryker, gorf - so yall think the JTB push feels unnatural, that it was done to take attn away from some of the other wagons? does that imply that you think either pythag or doop is scum, and the wagon is a distraction to take heat off of em?
I'm hating on the JTB wagon because FF just hitched himself to it. JeXs reasoning is shoddy, and neither UP nor Rockin inspire confidence in me.

I never said it was done to take attention away from some other wagon and I don't think it was. I also am not certain I think Pythag or Doop is scum. I threw those out there trying to jump start the engine more than anything. We've got it running now, so I'm a happy camper.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame all the way back at post #267 you were voting JeXs for being so willing to follow. He's currently sitting on the same wagon with you and, iirc, you still don't like him. Has that read changed with him coming around to your position?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Okay, if you wish.
?

What does this even mean?

Lore Lore it does carry weight, i think JTBs a find candidate for a lynch and am happy with my vote

though Tom is a slot i've been dying to get more from and im def down to pressure him... also been curious about a couple peoples feelings about him

basically what marshy said
Then walk me through this, if you don't mind.

You find JTB as a valid candidate for lynch. You also hopped on that wagon near-instantly, implying that you found at least something of JTB scummy.

Then you say that you'd hop on Tom even faster, but now you're saying that Tom is just a "pressure" vote despite being a wagon you'd hop on faster than JTB?

I'm not sure I buy this.

@Tom time to tactically appear in thread for awhile before you become more of a talking point than you already are, no?
Any particular reason you're coordinating with Tom? You had another post like this too, and I'd like to hear an explanation if you don't mind.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Any particular reason you're coordinating with Tom? You had another post like this too, and I'd like to hear an explanation if you don't mind.
Yes. I think coordinating is more likely to yield what I want than pressuring.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So I meant to post something last night but I was so ****in tired I passed tf out while reading lmao

Ran definitely seems "anxious" but not sure if thats scum anxiety or just general defensiveness. Either way dont think hes really the play right now, fine keeping him around

Kevin is looking better by the page, was having a hard time getting a read early on but his comments re: Tom v Ran and asking ran where he looks next if tom sumflips shows me the gears are actually turning and he's trying to get reads based on what people are thinking a few ply ahead

I get TvS vibes from the tom v ran interaction as well but nothing I can quite put my finger on. Interested to see how they end up reading each other closer to day end

I thinker Ryker scum means Ran scum but not necessarily the other way around. Ryker essentially saying that we dont need to worry about pressuring ran to get a read because Ran will essentially reveal himself over time, though I agree with, seems like a way to create distance from ran and justify not needing to put effort into reading him. Kind of like a deflection technique to absolve himself of needing to actually do any unpacking of early Ran play. Dont really think either is the play atm tho, just something Ill have my eye on. I lean town on ryker atm but I guess Im a bit paranoid about it and this is my way of checking myself

Honestly cant tell if Rockins moaning about the length of the thread and how "brutal" the catchup was is genuine. Seems exaggerated imo but iirc rockin did have a penchant for being a little dramatic. Definitely more willing to push in his direction now than I was before

Maven is definitely too quiet, and although I dont feel any better about jex Im not seeing much additional interest in him for now so to the backburner he goes

Unvote: Jexs
Vote: Maven
Bolded is the earlier thing I was talking about wrt FF's TvS stance.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hes a town lean, not a hard read. He seems to be actually digging and isnt hiding the ball which puts him over the line in the right direction ya know? Marshy is putting pressure in the right places which is a good look imo. Kary is null for me and as mentioned above Id be willing to put pressure in his direction

lol nah no mistake there, ran and doop can totally stay, you arent my top choice for the noose but not against the idea

It doesnt mean I know which of them is the S in the TvS just because Im getting a TvS vibe from the ran/tom interaction. Thats why Im not looking to "stick it" to either. Like theres conflict there but neither party seems to want to really take a bite out the other which makes me feel one is scum but is holding back for fear of a full on assault backfiring

#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy this kind of ***** footing around doesn't look weak as ****?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame all the way back at post #267 you were voting JeXs for being so willing to follow. He's currently sitting on the same wagon with you and, iirc, you still don't like him. Has that read changed with him coming around to your position?
Jexs willingness to follow Kev so quickly at such an early stage in the set off my scumdar because it reallllly felt like an attempt to avoid drawing ire from Kev who is an aggressive player. It seemed like a mollification move

Ill admit I jumped on the JTB wagon quick but thats because the jexs wagon was going no where and I legitimately was getting scummier and summer vibes from his posts and was pretty pumped to see I wasnt the only one feeling that. Wanted to keep momentum going for pressure in that direction instead of seeing another wagon on one of my "can die" slots fizzling out.

As far as jexs joining the JTB wagon, it doesnt really change my read of either. If theyre both scum jexs absolutely seems like the type of scum player to just whimsically bus early to avoid looking like a holdout upon teammate flip. Probably wouldve made my question my scumleans on the two of them if JTB was that wager to wagon Jexs, but this way makes plenty of sense to me

Also as a side note I think I saw you post something about me being on or in support of the Ran wagon? Yeah that didn't happen at all so like if thats confusing your read on me just wanted to clarify that I was never behind Ran as the play, he's never been in my "can die" pile

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
These two posts are back to back.

Nah you didnt miss a JTB read, and if you asked for one earlier I missed it so if I did my b

JTB is in my "can die" pile but dont have any kind of strong read. Just skimmed all his posts and like what has he given us? A grand total of two reads, one null and one townlean, and a townlean with hedging language like "I cant believe Im townreading this slot so early?! lolteehee"? Other than that I just see a lot of criticizing other slots and asking halfassed questions. So yeah, this slot can go.

Liking marshys most recent reads post. Macs analysis of the ran wagon rings true to me. Probably a wagon worth unpacking a bit, I definitely share the sentiment that Ran was opportunist bait. Probably scum among those trying to steer attention in that direction.

If we'd rather just replace maven instead of doing the inactive wagon dance Im fine with swapping to anyone on my "can die" list
So I left on on page 14 and yall have no ****ing idea how happy I was to get to page 20/21 and see people moving to JTB. I get the grimiest ****ing vibe every time I read one of his posts

Jexs still seems to be wayyyy over accommodating and afraid to offend or put anyone off. Which is funny because I remember a post Jex made saying they were reading some slot as town because that slot was unafraid of offending people. Kind of ironic.

For all the people out there scratching their heads over why I moved from Jexs to Maven, it was because I agreed with ryker that we needed to actually have some meaningful wagons. Yeah I had a light scumlean on Jex but it wasn't some crazy ****ing conviction lmao. Maven's slot is in my "can go pile" as is Jex. Jex wagon wasn't getting any traction so my vote was better used elsewhere. I didn't just abandon my belief that Jex was a decent play today.

Really liking Kevin's slight pull pack on his confidence re: Mac town. He had no reason to share those thoughts other than being fully transparent. Like there's no pressure on Mac at all and no one was questioning his townlean on the slot. Kevmo lookin real brownie townie

Ran don't replace out man you're playing fine. Its D1, people are gonna have wildy different reads. I don't know the full context as to why marshy is so frustrated but I think that was just like an off the cuff remark ya know? I mean I followed your reasoning for why you think me/ryker/marshy are scummy but obviously I don't agree with it. But the logic of associating me with them is clear to me based on what you're saying you thought was scummy. So like yeah I mean I agree with marshy I think your reads are pretty off man but it didn't need to be that harsh of a criticism

How quickly are we gonna get an update from mods re: whether or not we can get replacement(s) in quick before deadline? I appreciate maven showing up to formally bow out so we can move along but damn thats frustrating with the clock ticking away and the slot essentially remaining silent.

Unvote: Maven

Vote: JTB

What changed the strength of his belief here?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin Rockin , ooc what are your current thoughts on Ranmaru?
Same as before: Pretty null to somewhat town.

The whole interaction between Tom and Ranmaru seems more emotionally driven on Ranmaru's side, mostly due to Tom's one post. It's difficult to determine if it's TvT or TvS because of this (almost seems unneccessary).

While I don't mind him thinking that he thinks I'm town, I disagree with the logic behind it, as he's trying to use meta that's 3 years old. I only state this because I haven't played any mafia since then except the recent one I played in (I rather not talk about it tbh ._. ), so things could be different. I just don't want him to cloud his judgement over me based on ancient meta that may be irrelevant.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
fwiw Ive never represented that I had any stronger reasons other than those. Rockin seemed to be able to follow that it was mostly a gut/tone read, whats making that so hard for you?

And what did you mean when you said "yeah thats because thats what it is" or whatever? Are you saying the pythag wagon was in fact a JTB distraction wagon run by narcs or were you insinuating that the JTB wagon is the narc project?
didnt we just talk earlier today about how quick wagons can be just as likely to hit scum because theres less time for scum to spreax FUD and derail them? Not sure what youre implying here, but maybe youre not implying anything and youre just making an,observation
And apparently, it never wavered and was always that strong as a gut/tone read.

And I mean that I entirely voted Pythag looking to stir **** and get it away from the alternatives. Sorry I never answered that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm quoting a lot of **** from FF right now that he probably wants/needs to respond to. Not going to be annoyed that he's at work and can't tackle it immediately.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I'm hating on the JTB wagon because FF just hitched himself to it. JeXs reasoning is shoddy, and neither UP nor Rockin inspire confidence in me.

I never said it was done to take attention away from some other wagon and I don't think it was. I also am not certain I think Pythag or Doop is scum. I threw those out there trying to jump start the engine more than anything. We've got it running now, so I'm a happy camper.
hm ok cool, i'm still interested in Gorf's take

Then walk me through this, if you don't mind.
You find JTB as a valid candidate for lynch. You also hopped on that wagon near-instantly, implying that you found at least something of JTB scummy.

Then you say that you'd hop on Tom even faster, but now you're saying that Tom is just a "pressure" vote despite being a wagon you'd hop on faster than JTB?

I'm not sure I buy this.
yea not sure whats confusing here

i find JTB scummy so im on his wagon, its a direction im cool with going in and i think he's deserving of that pressure

I'm wary of Tom and feel he's slipped under the radar. Esp since despite his inactivity, people seem to be townreading him and im not sure why. so im very down with joining his wagon to pressure that slot into action

do you think I should only ever vote someone I think is 100% scum?

also (and i feel silly having to even explain any of this) i wrote the post that way partially as a jab at ppl thinking that the JTB wagon was too fast

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Same as before: Pretty null to somewhat town.

The whole interaction between Tom and Ranmaru seems more emotionally driven on Ranmaru's side, mostly due to Tom's one post. It's difficult to determine if it's TvT or TvS because of this (almost seems unneccessary).

While I don't mind him thinking that he thinks I'm town, I disagree with the logic behind it, as he's trying to use meta that's 3 years old. I only state this because I haven't played any mafia since then except the recent one I played in (I rather not talk about it tbh ._. ), so things could be different. I just don't want him to cloud his judgement over me based on ancient meta that may be irrelevant.
interesting, i might have missed a post of yours but when did you start town reading ran? I thought you were scumreading him?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Jexs willingness to follow Kev so quickly at such an early stage in the set off my scumdar because it reallllly felt like an attempt to avoid drawing ire from Kev who is an aggressive player. It seemed like a mollification move

Ill admit I jumped on the JTB wagon quick but thats because the jexs wagon was going no where and I legitimately was getting scummier and summer vibes from his posts and was pretty pumped to see I wasnt the only one feeling that. Wanted to keep momentum going for pressure in that direction instead of seeing another wagon on one of my "can die" slots fizzling out.

As far as jexs joining the JTB wagon, it doesnt really change my read of either. If theyre both scum jexs absolutely seems like the type of scum player to just whimsically bus early to avoid looking like a holdout upon teammate flip. Probably wouldve made my question my scumleans on the two of them if JTB was that wager to wagon Jexs, but this way makes plenty of sense to me
Is JeXs or JTB more likely to hit scum right now and do you have another suspect that isn't an inactive?

Also as a side note I think I saw you post something about me being on or in support of the Ran wagon? Yeah that didn't happen at all so like if thats confusing your read on me just wanted to clarify that I was never behind Ran as the play, he's never been in my "can die" pile
No, you were stirring the **** with that Ran/Tom TvS nonsense. It came up and you gave it support. I want to know why. You "couldn't put your finger on it" and now I'm asking you to nail it down and tell me how it has developed since.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm wary of Tom and feel he's slipped under the radar. Esp since despite his inactivity, people seem to be townreading him and im not sure why. so im very down with joining his wagon to pressure that slot into action
This sentiment here is what's mind boggling to me. I think people were calling Ran vs Tom TvS in an effort to softly label Tom a town read. Kev is another slot I'm somewhat worried about for similar reasons but without such an obvious example of people seeming willing to just take his side.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
should i assume that you found rykers posts and my treatment of his slot among the most problematic things as the day has gone by? im wondering why this has been a point of focus for you
It's the most problematic thing, in the sense that, if you're mafia, that's a big problem.

Can you elaborate more on this? Just so I can understand your PoV better.
Well I thought Pythag overreacted to my vote in RVS. And then when Ranmaru voted for him he said Ran was 'grasping at straws'.

So he seems a bit nervous, and that combined with what he isn't doing (being particularly active or proactive) gives me reason to be concerned. In my opinion this was more of a lead to pursue than something like Maven which is a complete absence of evidence.

btw i hav a secret scumread im sitting on
Also, i have a scumread that i cant tell any of you about until tomorrow.
Why are either of you posting something like this? Is there a reason you can't share your scumleans?
Feels like it could be fake in my opinion. "Hey guys I have a scumread, but you don't know her, she goes to a different school".
In before it's me for both of you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ok, I'll let my foot off the gas now so I don't murder the thread. Sorry about the volume, but I'm trying my damnedest not to let my engagement wane and go back to being a side liner.

I'm mostly waiting on Marshy now. I REALLY want his take on FF.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ive been looking at this thread all day and literally have gotten nothing done at work despite a deadline at EOD so i'm outta here

but before i go, ryker i gotta say i haven't given much thought to your posts on FF and have skimmed through the initial ones, mostly cuz I thought the foundation of the read (JTBs fast wagon) was silly and FF seemed clearly town to me. but im thinking now that it merits going back and looking at more closely

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
One more. Marshy, I'm trying to sell you at the moment and would love to see your take on the things that are killing me about FF. Sell me on JTB. My opposition to the wagon isn't based in a town read. I haven't GOT a very strong read on JTB, just that he started the day phase trying to do things and that's generally pro town. I simply find the wagon poorly constructed and wouldn't want to be caught on it. As stated before, I'm not really sold on what others have said for why they have joined the wagon. Sell me on why JTB's scum.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy this kind of ***** footing around doesn't look weak as ****?
mmm i can see why that bothers you. its a bit reactive and safe as opposed to pursuing the things hes talking about

but alone it doesnt convince me that hes scum. i actually like the part where he talks about having a gut feeling regarding tom vs ran and then at another point the same with jtb. i think that kind of stuff comes from town!frozen more often than scum!frozen

fine with you pursuing a line of inquiry with him. i hav my wagon so im unlikely to cockblock anyone from doing what they gotta do rn

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
mmm i can see why that bothers you. its a bit reactive and safe as opposed to pursuing the things hes talking about

but alone it doesnt convince me that hes scum. i actually like the part where he talks about having a gut feeling regarding tom vs ran and then at another point the same with jtb. i think that kind of stuff comes from town!frozen more often than scum!frozen

fine with you pursuing a line of inquiry with him. i hav my wagon so im unlikely to cockblock anyone from doing what they gotta do rn
Not the response I expected, but sufficient for now. I really want to see where other people fall on this as well, so I probably will pass out.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
interesting, i might have missed a post of yours but when did you start town reading ran? I thought you were scumreading him?
I never thought he was scum. You must've thought that when I said his posts were 'ugly,' (or some word I used that generally described my dislike) and assumed that I was scumreading him (understandable, since many vets like Frozenflame was using it). I just meant it in a way that 'why would you say that?' or 'eww, this is bothersome.' Nothing Ranmaru said before, and during that exchange didn't seem scummy.

I don't exactly remember when exactly, but I was reading on past the Tom vs. Ran post, I was reading him as slightly town mostly by gut. Logic-wise, I didn't see anything that screams 'that's townie ran for sure,' and I'm not going to take that outburst from Marshy as a sure-tell sign of townie ran (scum can appeal to emotion as well). So with that said, I'm going with gut instincts that it's a townlean ranmaru.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary I think you would understand it better if you read my posts more thoroughly. I have listed a quote below. This is the second time you seem to be missing posts. (First time you missed Uto's post) What's up with that? (Also, the most important factor for me to change my read was the passage of time, and I also wanted to see if Marshy and others would join, etc)
I missed UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin 's reply because I had only skimmed past a certain point, and he didn't quote or tag me. (Which should be basic mafia etiquette by the way). I read your posts, but the fact is that the only thing that changed with Maven was time passing.

I'm actually null on Nabe because I have seen times where he has done exactly this, as town. Usually when he replaces into slots. Totally fine with him dying as a back burner lynch if he doesn't step up to play this game phase.
But both of these reads are completely meta and based on zero information. You had no reason to be so confident on Maven. However, I think you being stubbornly convinced of something that doesn't make sense makes you town, and I think you have moved on from Maven so we can drop this now.

Kary, this is the first time you have actually interacted with me in thread, why is this? Why have you not talked to me until now?
You already talk too much.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well I thought Pythag overreacted to my vote in RVS. And then when Ranmaru voted for him he said Ran was 'grasping at straws'.

So he seems a bit nervous, and that combined with what he isn't doing (being particularly active or proactive) gives me reason to be concerned. In my opinion this was more of a lead to pursue than something like Maven which is a complete absence of evidence.
Ahh, I see. Thank you for that

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
yea not sure whats confusing here

i find JTB scummy so im on his wagon, its a direction im cool with going in and i think he's deserving of that pressure

do you think I should only ever vote someone I think is 100% scum?

also (and i feel silly having to even explain any of this) i wrote the post that way partially as a jab at ppl thinking that the JTB wagon was too fast
You directly said that you don't find Tom as Scummier than JTB. You also said that you'd hop on a Tom wagon faster than you hopped on the JTB wagon, and now you're saying that it's mostly for pressure only?

And on top of that, now you're saying that you wrote the post as a joke, over a page and multiple posts later? Come on.

You find JTB scummy, yet you would hop on a Tom wagon even faster only due to pressure. Except for now you're saying the "faster" bit was a joke. You're being pretty inconsistent here, and the late as hell "I was mostly joking" just makes it even more fishy.

Vote: Mac

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary You're usually solid at calling out when someone is going down a pretty useless rabbit hole. Mind giving your thoughts on the above? It's just not adding up for me, and I'd appreciate a second perspective.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
These two posts are back to back.

What changed the strength of his belief here?
The strength of my scum read on JTB grew exactly how I described it in the post I voted for him: I read pages 14-21 and every single one of JTBs posts felt grimy to me. I got to page 21 and other people were voting for him. That took my hunch and turned it into something worth some real action
Yo, what are you raiding in tho?
Battle for Dazar'Alor in WoW, its the current raid tier in Battle for Azeroth. We're 6/9 mythic progression right now currently working on Mekkatorque. We've had him as low as 10% but we haven't quite been able to close out that final phase with enough people alive to finish it out. Def a frustrating fight, lots of individual responsibility that can wipe the whole raid if done incorrectly.
And I mean that I entirely voted Pythag looking to stir **** and get it away from the alternatives. Sorry I never answered that.
ah ok good to know, your phrasing was just super ambiguous
Is JeXs or JTB more likely to hit scum right now and do you have another suspect that isn't an inactive?

No, you were stirring the **** with that Ran/Tom TvS nonsense. It came up and you gave it support. I want to know why. You "couldn't put your finger on it" and now I'm asking you to nail it down and tell me how it has developed since.
nothing too strong but frankly your recent pot stirring has me concerned that youre trying to high key spread FUD and toms lack of recenr contribution is getting more and more concerning to me so Id say you two are probably my top non-inactive scum leans if I can even call my feeling of apprehension a scum lean

re: the Ran/Tom TvS thing I already posted earlier that I need to reread to unpack that and plan to do so tonight sometime

JeXs

Smash Champion
Page 20 now, this sequence really struck me as weird.

Marshy comes down, lays down some reasoning, and JeXs and Mac IMMEDIATELY hop on without hesitation. Like, within 15 minutes of Marshy's post.

I feel like there's a scum between JeXs and Mac, but it's a gut instinct. Do you two care to explain why you hopped on so quick?
Why is this an issue? Would it have looked fine to you if we checked in a few hours later and voted, instead of within minutes? I was online, it was a wagon that I support and so I voted.

It's not shoddy at all. His responses hasn't helped me change my opinion either. When asked about why he immediately came to the conclusion that I was asking for meta with a scummy intent, he simply stated he doesn't like using meta but never gave a reason to why he reached the conclusion that he did. When asked multiple times about how he expected Ran to respond, all he has to say is that Ran's tone changed, never directly answering the question of how he expected Ran to respond. I'm happy with my vote on JTB.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lore Lore seems like that would involve reading your posts.
To be blunt, I intended my asking of your opinion to be an olive branch from last game, where I literally wanted your slot modkilled for the rules violation from (I'm assuming) your other head. We've also butted heads in other games too, iirc, and I wanted to show that I'd like to cooperate and work together.

But nah, you're just as miserable to play with as always. Thanks for that, **** head.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Why are either of you posting something like this? Is there a reason you can't share your scumleans?
Feels like it could be fake in my opinion. "Hey guys I have a scumread, but you don't know her, she goes to a different school".
is "it looks cooler that way" an acceptable answer?
i had a feeling my jtb push would gain traction and i thought about waiting longer to post it. so i just told the thread "expect me later" so i could publicly log that i was finding someone especially sus. but after ran replaced out i didnt want the game to derail so posted it to keep the discussion going

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
btw i dont mean to derail the thread but with regard to all this raid talk

if anyone here is keen on getting pso2 when it comes stateside next year holla @ ya boi

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
To be blunt, I intended my asking of your opinion to be an olive branch from last game, where I literally wanted your slot modkilled for the rules violation from (I'm assuming) your other head. We've also butted heads in other games too, iirc, and I wanted to show that I'd like to cooperate and work together.

But nah, you're just as miserable to play with as always. Thanks for that, **** head.
Jesus Christ, chill.

I dont know what baggage you two have, but can we please not have a second blow up in the first game I've played in a year?

Top Bottom