• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
you dont hav anyone as town?
Town lean : Gorf, UP, Ran, Ryker

#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac
Nope, I agree with Ryker, that the wagon was actually ok. Ran looked scummy at the time.

if you had asked me that yesterday I'd have said Maven, just cause I think inactivity is worse than scumminess. Lore is doing a good job so far though, so I've gotta back off that, and Nabe has promised to contribute this weekend, so I'm holding off on that.

I think rn my main lynch would be Jexs. I think he's crying foul a little too hard at JTB's first post (there were at least 2 posts about it), along with this wagon that I don't totally like

That being said unvote. Vote Jexs for now

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count: 11:54 AM CST 6/14 Edition

Rockin (2): KevinM, Tom
Marshy (1): JTB
Pythag (3): Kary, Doop, Ranmaru
JTB (6): Marshy, JeXs, Mac, FrozenFlame, UtopianPoyzin, Rockin
FrozenFlame (2): Ryker, Gorf
Jexs (2): Lore. Pythag

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (1): Nabe,

Deadline June 17th 7:00pm CST. Takes 9/17 to lynch.

music for your mafia playing pleasure

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
How so? I'm not saying the wagon itself was too fast, I'm saying the two posts immediately after yours were weirdly fast. The wagon itself past that was about the speed of every other wagon.
ok. in that case im not talking about you

theres this "the wagon was too fast, it cant b good" idea thats gotten stuck in ppls heads that doesnt make any sense and is the perfect tool for scum to cockblock a perfectly good wagon. whats worse is that it was prolly townies who came up with it

its absolutely awful

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag it was weird how many people started scumreading him all of a sudden, especially given how baseless (atleast to me) the original reason was. and then when ran vs tom happened it seemed like ppl were coming out of nowhere having issues with Ran's slot, creating more seemingly baseless (or at least super stretching) reasons for thinking he's scum: apparently ran "made mistakes" in his interactions with Tom and seemed to be flustered or w/e ppl were saying

and the fact that people were throwing shade without explicitly committing to the wagon was weird to me aswell
Bolded was weird as ****, I agree.

The SvT **** was mindblowing to me. #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame , correct me if I'm wrong, but you subscribed to that, yeah? I may be misremembering who all it was.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
ok. in that case im not talking about you

theres this "the wagon was too fast, it cant b good" idea thats gotten stuck in ppls heads that doesnt make any sense and is the perfect tool for scum to cockblock a perfectly good wagon. whats worse is that it was prolly townies who came up with it

its absolutely awful
Oh then **** that lol. Fast wagons happen sometimes, and they aren't inherently scummy. Context kinda matters for everything in this game.

Another trend in a few games I've seen lately is that so few people want to pressure early. It's refreshing to see pressure happening early in this game.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Why? Wagoning Tom is like wagoning you but less useful.
wagoning tom would b extremely good for information. several people have expressed interest in that direction and giving them the chance to follow up on a commonly agreed null slot is the kinda spice this phase could use

lol @ the idea of wagoning me being useful

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i mean, i guess wagoning me could b useful for some. its b pretty terrible, but thats how it goes sometimes

not sure why youve equated tom and myself unless its just "two players i dont hav a strong read on" archetype

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Also small note: I'm not sure if I'm seeing Doop as scummy, at least in reference to his reaction towards Marshy. Like I literally just joined today and found Marshy's post kinda weird. Marshy's later content helped ease that weirdness, but Doop's reaction seemed like what I would have done in that situation tbh, more or less.

Some of the other points against Doop seem decent, but I'm pretty firmly in disagreement on pushing him mainly on his first bit.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
i mean, i guess wagoning me could b useful for some. its b pretty terrible, but thats how it goes sometimes

not sure why youve equated tom and myself unless its just "two players i dont hav a strong read on" archetype
I equate you because you play the same way and should be treated in much the same way. You're both players I don't feel like I can comfortably interact with unless it is on your own terms.

I'm not equating your alignments in this game, only the difficulty with which I can extract a solid read.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
A wagon on either of you is doomed to fail and both of you, I'm confident, would side-step it.
ha agreed, i feel like there are certain players whom you gotta be a lil more subtle with your suspicions of d1.. as theyll easily fend off pushes but also know to be on the defensive after

that being said, id probably hop on a tom wagon faster than I did JTB's

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bolded was weird as ****, I agree.

The SvT **** was mindblowing to me. #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame , correct me if I'm wrong, but you subscribed to that, yeah? I may be misremembering who all it was.

I was also on the SvT train, but I was seeing Ran as jumping down everyone's throat early game. It struck me as super defensive, and followed by his "what do you think of me and Tom" just struck me as really odd, especially since I didn't think that much of their initial interation. The longer the day has gone on, the less scummy I've found ran, which makes me think he's Town, and now it's more a question of what Tom is.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
ha agreed, i feel like there are certain players whom you gotta be a lil more subtle with your suspicions of d1.. as theyll easily fend off pushes but also know to be on the defensive after

that being said, id probably hop on a tom wagon faster than I did JTB's
Why is Tom more scummy than JTB, unless you already gave your reasons?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
It struck me as super defensive, and followed by his "what do you think of me and Tom" just struck me as really odd, especially since I didn't think that much of their initial interation.
Interesting cuz Tom also seemed to be pushing this, saying that he's interested in seeing how people react to Ran / Tom's interactions. Did that make you feel that his slot was problematic too? or were you not aware that Tom had a similar mentality to Ran?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Poyzin reeks of someone in a large game who's nervous about being the center of attention, responding to literally anything and everything. This also stacks with this game being so full of vets and legends of DGames.
I'll humor you by responding to literally anything and everything. How does me doing so mean that I'm nervous about being in the center of attention, wouldn't it mean that I want attention for always replying to questions? If I'm quote-on-quote nervous in your eyes, I challenge you to a thorough read of my playing thus far. I don't care what result you get, but if you think that I'm hiding anything, which I may or may not be, then I'm all yours. I can confirm I am not nervous.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I was also on the SvT train, but I was seeing Ran as jumping down everyone's throat early game. It struck me as super defensive, and followed by his "what do you think of me and Tom" just struck me as really odd, especially since I didn't think that much of their initial interation. The longer the day has gone on, the less scummy I've found ran, which makes me think he's Town, and now it's more a question of what Tom is.
So. What was Tom doing there that pinged you if it was SvT. I assume there was SOMETHING that made you think they couldn't be aligned to make that statement.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'm not sure if I understand the Ranmaru wagon as of page 11, feels a bit like early game pressure rather than a full wagon. Putting a pin on this one to reread it and try to understand it more.
Kind of both to be honest. It started as pressuring Ran, at least in my eyes and I don't speak for everyone, but it did become a full wagon after his responses weren't satisfactory to some players.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
That's the point of the comment. A wagon on either of you is doomed to fail and both of you, I'm confident, would side-step it.
idk i think a tom wagon could go or at least bring up a lot of interesting discourse. i agree that ppl hav been way too fast to townread him but a wgon could challenge that in a productive way

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Mac, you asked me SOMETHING that I thought was going to take time to respond to. I'm doing something atm and trying to be current in the thread. I'll get back to it, promise.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'll humor you by responding to literally anything and everything. How does me doing so mean that I'm nervous about being in the center of attention, wouldn't it mean that I want attention for always replying to questions? If I'm quote-on-quote nervous in your eyes, I challenge you to a thorough read of my playing thus far. I don't care what result you get, but if you think that I'm hiding anything, which I may or may not be, then I'm all yours. I can confirm I am not nervous.
I was saying my read of your play up to page 11 as a defense of it, saying that I don't find it scummy. Don't really understand your tone here, it's weird and hyper defensive as hell.

imma just say that I don't think Tom is scummier than JTB atm
Then why did you say you'd hop on a Tom wagon faster than JTB's, when you literally hopped on the JTB wagon in 10 minutes? That screams "I find Tom scummier than JTB."

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
idk i think a tom wagon could go or at least bring up a lot of interesting discourse. i agree that ppl hav been way too fast to townread him but a wgon could challenge that in a productive way
I'm comfortable where I am at the moment.

I think FF has been really questionable. I'll reread to double check my recollection, but it seems like he's been on both of these JTB and Ran wagons. I know I think his JTB justifications are flimsy. Seems like your previous issue of looking to string someone up instead of finding their alignment, no?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Interesting cuz Tom also seemed to be pushing this, saying that he's interested in seeing how people react to Ran / Tom's interactions. Did that make you feel that his slot was problematic too? or were you not aware that Tom had a similar mentality to Ran?
oh dang, you're right! He said he wanted to hear others first. I totally forgot about that.

So. What was Tom doing there that pinged you if it was SvT. I assume there was SOMETHING that made you think they couldn't be aligned to make that statement.
that's a great question:
it looked like Ran was being unreasonable in that exchange, and Tom was kinda taking the piss.
Since I had a scum lean on Ran, it was easier for me to think Tom was town.
It's a fault of mine to think null = = townie, but that just isn't the case.

with what mac just said, I'm rethinking things. Currently I'm less on Town Tom, and more on Null Tom

really looking forward to his post today

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I can really appreciate a good old strongarm play, but I don't like the wagon on JTB. **** the speed of it that point is whatever.

I think that Mac is the only one who has approached it in a way that I think looks good for them.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Lore Lore it does carry weight, i think JTBs a find candidate for a lynch and am happy with my vote

though Tom is a slot i've been dying to get more from and im def down to pressure him... also been curious about a couple peoples feelings about him

basically what marshy said

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Eh, I wouldn't be a fan of either a tom or a Marshy wagon tbh.

If we're wagoning Marshy in regards of pressure and reaction, I felt like we've already got a case of it earlier in game when people were weirded out by Marshy's friendly gesture early game. I can somewhat see where he is in the game, but the point of scumhunting is still up in the air. Aside from the flustered outburst, the only person he feel is scum is on JTB.

Tom is in a similar position, where I can kinda see where he is in game, but the motives/what he's thinking is still unclear. He's been responding to some people's questions, while stating a bit of his thought process on some topics.

Currently, I'm not saying neither one of them is straight up town, but I also feel neither are the play toDay.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So, marshy, if you're interested in a Tom wagon. I think the only way you're going to get it is to dismantle the JTB wagon, which I don't think you're willing to do. I think you'd need me, you and Mac to get anywhere and we may well be able to get what we want from him without it.

I'm not really interested in lynching Tom unless he decides to flat out ignore everything that's going on here. I am almost as interested in what he comments on compared to what he says and I don't think we need a wagon for that.

Top Bottom