• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

JeXs

Smash Champion
Cool!

@JTB response?

Also, JeXs, while I have you, can you elaborate on the Poyzin thing with JTB so I'm not misconstruing you. I'm somewhat afraid that I've read your take wrong.
About me asking for Poyzin's meta?

I asked for Poyzin's meta and playstyle. JTB immediately chimes in with a comment that I'm doing so to justify a scum read on Poyzin. I don't like that at all. It feels fake and it feels to me that he is slinging mud at my slot to scum read me later on.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Damn, I need to sort Kary as well. I generally don't like humoring people chasing me, but I've put that slot off real badly.

I could always OMGUS and call it a day.

:thinking:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I think a major reason JeXs finds fault with JTB is that JTB has actively put himself in JeXs path and is poking and prodding at him.

I may have the context wrong given that I am only reading JeXs posts with JTB in them.

Can you confirm #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf ?
can confirm that that was happening pretty consistently, especially in the first half of the game, and thats probably why jtb was on jexs' radar. but i feel like theres enough plausible deniability to assume that jex was willing to look past it to get a fair read on jtb (i.e the blurb about wanting to reread kary and jtb for being idks)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So these are the easy reads to post straight off the top of my head. Recent exchange with Gorf explains the Gorf and FF reads. Nothing else should require much elaboration.

Straight null:

Nabe
Maven

Lookin Kinda Grody:

Frozenflame

Lookin Good:

Gorf

Lookin Confirmed:

Ran
Ryker

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
can confirm that that was happening pretty consistently, especially in the first half of the game, and thats probably why jtb was on jexs' radar. but i feel like theres enough plausible deniability to assume that jex was willing to look past it to get a fair read on jtb (i.e the blurb about wanting to reread kary and jtb for being idks)
I'm not trying to use it to call JeXs scum. I'm trying to use it to say I don't think JeXs voting on what looked like a bad wagon to me is scum indicative. If that Poyzin thing was backwards, then I'm just a moron and JeXs feels fine.

JeXs

Smash Champion
#149 is my first post of the game, and also asking Poyzin about his playstyle. #197 is JTB immediately concluding that I'm doing so to justify a scum read on Poyzin.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ok, that's fine. It's not being pushed as a reason to swing a scum read on someone like I thought. All's fair here.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ok, you wanted a soundboard and I want to finish a reads list. Those are my really easy one, I have 12 names left to run through. I want to go through as many of them tonight as I can stomach.

Tom
KevinM
JeXs
#HBC | marshy
#HBC | Kary
#HBC | Mac
Pythag
UtopianPoyzin
Frozenflame
Rockin
Dooplissity
JTB

Pick the first one.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I pick Tom. I think that'd also help me as I have him as null right now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
At the moment I'm working on the task Gorf has given me. Let me know if you need anything of me or any person you want me to try to sort.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So day 1 starts and we got hella jokes. Aside from that, there's the **** where he doesn't seem to like Ran missing the follow-up to Pythag's incomplete post.

and this random poke

i like you JTB and i disagree with you here. i think the reminder is worth itself and i like that marshy is biting at doop

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
im only here as i take a piss midsleep. but let me know now if this is going to b a long weekend or not

are we nearing the part of the dayphase where i argue with ryker over direction?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
what up. just finished running d&d for 6 hours and im gonna sleep. i'll post in the morning, i already promised a re-read and by skimming tonight i see there's obviously some questions to ask and **** to nit pick

some quick things

id be bummed if i got vig shot

ryker you're fine by me playboy

rockin we wagon vote you bc you squirm under pressure. it doesn't make you bad. it makes you familiar. you were invited to this game weren't you?

its definitely interesting to talk about if maven-scum=lurk meta exists that sounds like a hot ****in topic. and like other topics its honestly not really about what your opinion is its just about piling on the discussion and feeling it out

ill come tomorrow with the goods
And this is his most recent post, from last night. Goods not received, but that's not a big problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO

In betwen the last quote and this one, Tom had one short rumble with you where you hounded him for awhile about his read on you.

His comments on you and still being on the Rockin wagon are the only contributions he's really volunteered to give you an idea where he's looking. He's posting prodding questions when he sees something he wants to pursue and he's answering things directly asked of him.

His playstyle looks to be much the same as mine. Sit on the side and poke at things until he has something he wants to do. Unlike me, he has enough self-restraint to stay out of the thick of things for longer. It's a powerful playstyle for both alignments and hypothetical scumTom is going to be impossible to parse at this point in the game. The major difference between scumTom and townTom is what they do in the future. TownTom will become active and you will learn what he is thinking. ScumTom (and also badTom and lazyTom and busyTom) will all extend this sideliner position later and later into the game until he needs to be making plays to win.

I don't have a strong read on Tom. He'd go into the null pile, but he's almost certainly not the play. You'll note that I've been asking him various things throughout the phase. If you want to get an idea about him, you're going to have to involve him yourself, on something (I want him to solve marshy for me because I remain incredibly biased on marshy slots). However, don't overdo it.

tl;dr

I have no idea what Tom's alignment is. If he keeps sidelaning later in the game, kill him. If he gets involved, then judge him on his actions.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hey Rockin Rockin .

I see you there. Talk to me about FF's read on JTB. I just posted the whole progression. Tell me what you make of it.
Based on the post, it sounds like he got gut instincts of wanting JTB dead, and less of not having a legit reason of wanting him dead.. It sounded like he was bothered by some words JTB said. I have to look back at the JTB posts, as nothing immediately jumped out to me on my first read through.

and yeah Ryker, sadly it doesn't seem like I can convince enough people in time for a Jex lynch.

Vote: Dooplissity

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
ill answer you first thing tomorrow ran. im going to reread pythag as well

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Oh, taking another look at the JTB posts, I can see why others would be bothered by him. He did get eager when he saw someone voting for Marshy, and thus 'a bandwagon' was formed (he did switch from me to him so quickly lol). so Ryker, I feel that FF's gut is very justified.

Oh I noticed there isn't much of a wagon on doop anymore. I'd be willing to vote for him, but I rather wait for an updated vote tally by the mods so I don't accidenly hammer (so soon I mean). I know you told me to 'vote on something that's' relevant, but I'm currently not feeling a lynch on Pythag, and I don't want to wagon marshy either.

I also know I also asked you to convince me of stuff as far as wagons, but you're dealing with IRL ****, so I ain't gonna stress you about it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Oh, taking another look at the JTB posts, I can see why others would be bothered by him. He did get eager when he saw someone voting for Marshy, and thus 'a bandwagon' was formed (he did switch from me to him so quickly lol). so Ryker, I feel that FF's gut is very justified.

Oh I noticed there isn't much of a wagon on doop anymore. I'd be willing to vote for him, but I rather wait for an updated vote tally by the mods so I don't accidenly hammer (so soon I mean). I know you told me to 'vote on something that's' relevant, but I'm currently not feeling a lynch on Pythag, and I don't want to wagon marshy either.

I also know I also asked you to convince me of stuff as far as wagons, but you're dealing with IRL ****, so I ain't gonna stress you about it.
Don't wait. We are nowhere near lynching anything. It takes 9 to have majority

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Rockin, you honestly feel a lot to me like Rajam used to. Stuck in a time capsule.

When are you gonna be around at a point where I can play alongside you?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay, so. I am likely going to fall the **** asleep in the middle of the day, but I also dont need to be at a hospital today (fingers crossed).

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count: 7:36 AM CST 6/14 Edition

Rockin (2): KevinM, Tom, ,
Marshy (2): Maven89, JTB
Pythag (3): Kary, Doop, Ranmaru
Ranmaru (1): Pythag
Dooplissity (1): Rockin,
JTB (5): Marshy, JeXs, Mac, FrozenFlame, UtopianPoyzin,
FrozenFlame (2): Ryker, Gorf

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (1): Nabe,

Deadline June 17th 7:00pm CST. Takes 9/17 to lynch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am likely going to be away because I will be at my father's appointment today, will finish things later today when I return home. I am interested in your thoughts on Kary, Ryker when you can.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Okay, so. I am likely going to fall the **** asleep in the middle of the day, but I also dont need to be at a hospital today (fingers crossed).
Ryker if we aren’t killing Rockin (dumb) who are you most interested in killing someone hands you day vig right now and you just gotta shoot. Don’t cop out with FF kinda grody. Give me your “this breaks open the game for me” shot.

Who’s flip is the one that’s lets us end the game by D3.

If not let’s just call this D0 and kill Rockin because it’d be so dopeeee

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker if we aren’t killing Rockin (dumb) who are you most interested in killing someone hands you day vig right now and you just gotta shoot. Don’t cop out with FF kinda grody. Give me your “this breaks open the game for me” shot.

Who’s flip is the one that’s lets us end the game by D3.

If not let’s just call this D0 and kill Rockin because it’d be so dopeeee
I don't have one of those.

If you freed me from absolutely all consequence for my actions and I wouldnt get hanged for it, I might shoot marshy or Tom (you only get third, big guy) because I think there is a real chance that they'll only be solvable after I'm dead.

In a real scenario, if you gave me a gun, I'd probably shoot Maven, which is ***** made but whatever. Vig shoot fire on inactives normally anyway.

Weak as **** answer, but I'm curious what you thought I'd say.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
In a real scenario, if you gave me a gun, I'd probably shoot Maven, which is ***** made but whatever. Vig shoot fire on inactives normally anyway.
Maven's out though. Doea that change anything or is is just the slot that worries you?

I'll talk about JTB when I'm off mobile, probably going to be a longer post.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No. Inactives are inactives until a replacement is in the game and playing. I have more faith in Nabe saying he wants to play this weekend than another player catching up on this game.

It's just good practice to shoot inactives because lynching them doesnt normally generate discussion that helps town, but they still need to be eliminated before their inherent nature as a crap shoot gets you ****ed in late game.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Is shooting Marshy because of an inability to read the slot which makes it hard to strong arm town or because of scum vibes?

Also you’d never shoot a bulletproof double voter that is a 1000% confirmed town anyways

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Is shooting Marshy because of an inability to read the slot which makes it hard to strong arm town or because of scum vibes?

Also you’d never shoot a bulletproof double voter that is a 1000% confirmed town anyways
Mostly column A. There are multiple people in this game that fit that description and if I had to pick one to be scum, it would be marshy. I'm looking forward to this weekend if we're gonna play ball.

Top Bottom