• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker do you know how much of a pain it is to tag any of the HBC people? And how close to the deadline would you say scum start floundering to jump onto a wagon?
Yes, I totally do.

Also, it depends a lot on how much threat there is of a lynch being consolidated before deadline. Like, not necessarily actually hammered but decided on by the majority who are not really likely to back anyone else.

If it's a dead heat, somewhere like 48 hours if they're bad. They'll begin reaching a lot earlier in an effort to hide it if they're better, which is why you want the paper trail as long as possible.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hmm.

Okay, so first let's say something that no one has pointed out that is almost certainly true. Ran's town. There is no way that man's conscience would let him have that AtE blow-up and replace out as scum. Marshy and him need to work something out because that was really sad to watch explode, but in the context of this game, that's better than a cop check to me.

Secondly, the major talking point at the moment is JTB and I dunno that I like it.

It seems that a large number of people think his early game pursuit was off, but I don't really care. I thought he was wrong, but I saw someone clearly trying to advance the game at the at start and chase down his own leads (for better or worse). I don't think this slot is the play.

Vote Pythag

Also, I'm inclined to let Nabe play in a game like this so long as he catches up somewhat by phase end and plays Day 2.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Tbh, I would consider replacing out as I have two relatives in the hospital and one who just got leave to go home and is bed ridden with 24 hour care, but I'm not gonna be a weenie.

I may not be able to give this game the care and attention I would like (God, I need to reread), but I'll try to stick it out.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I actually decided against it after sleeping it over. It's not Marshy's comment it's more so just trying to convince people of my reads. Now, this means I will actually answer everyone's questions in time (Especially Gorfs). I will try to re-read to see where I may have gone wrong.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have been reading, as I am too involved in this game now. I am curious as to why Jex and Uto are questioning JTB now rather then before (especially since Jex had a null on him)

Unvote; Vote: Pythag

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ryker, can you actually talk to me this game? I guess my issue is you haven't really hit me up and I go insane without having a sound board to go off of. That would certainly help.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Rockin Rockin hey, want to vote something relevant?

#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf talk to me about whether JTB is a ****ing narc.
Let me start by saying that, like, I’m at a bit of an impass. I had a REALLY whack chain of circumstances throughout the day (and luckily I had off work when I did), and let me tell you when your head is running on transcendent time, man, that ain’t fun!

I wanted to read the thread back today to get a better read on JTB and, really, some of my other question marks. I’ve got a long list of players who’s alignments haven’t really concerned me (like in a sort of can live, can die limbo) because the Day was young and I was gonna totally figure out eventually for enough of them to be satisfied. And now, the Day is starting to get pretty old and that list is still too long for me.

Now, my Ran read has essentially gotten to a point where, well, yea he’s ****in outed himself as town to me. He’s completely boring now, and Doop is my only strong scum read (which I’m still down to push unless I see otherwise), and I can live with that. But not before I read back and try to comb through my uncertainties. You know man, like tryna progress before facing your inner demons, man. Ya can’t do it!

JTB is one of those question marks, and when marshy cased him I was pumped because it made me wanna totally see if I could get a solid thought on him one way or another, man! So is he a ****in narc? Idk, I’ll tell you later

#HBC | Gorf

I will say the sudden, like, veracity of votes on him is super concerning and my guts telling me that that little wagon has some funky odor, and not the good kind of funky odor man! Scum eat that **** up good man, especially when the opening case is super well phrased and direct like that. Like, what sort of buzz was JTB getting before that? Whether he’s scum or not, the wagon formation on that is SUPER interesting, man

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
jtb should die. he should b shot if we hav a vig if we find a way to **** up a good wagon

pythag can go as well. i think id go him over doop. that should answer doops and rykers questions from last night

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Whether he’s scum or not, the wagon formation on that is SUPER interesting, man
ive seen fast wagons hit scum; ive seen them hit town. i doubt theres more than 1 scum if any on it rn but that remains to b seen

however. who are the scum that are on it?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I really wanted to get completely caught up before posting anything substantial but I'm busy this evening and at this point I feel like I'll just catch up during the Night phase. I may have missed anything from page 16 onwards.

My problem with Ryker is that he isn't doing anything that makes me town read him.

Yes, it's true that here and there Ryker has questioned people about their reads, c.f. Gorf on Ran, Poyzin on Doops, etc.
But mostly, Ryker is playing waggon police. "More votes good!" he shouts, and while it is true that pushing waggons moves the game forward, generating reactions and opinions, it is equally true that discussion is important. It is not good enough just to vote for someone.

What isn't Ryker doing?
Firstly, I feel like he lacks direction in who he is pursuing as scum. It is reasonable to have several people in your lynch pool on Day 1, but it feels a little disingenuous for Ryker to be pestering people into voting, without offering those people something to vote for. His push on Maven in particular irks me. My own opinion on Maven is that if he were scum, it would not be smart of him to say something controversial during RVS and then dip out completely.
A waggon on a slot that isn't posting doesn't achieve a great deal in my opinion, and so essentially I do not understand what the payoff is supposed to be from Ryker playing activity police.
Secondly, I don't feel like Ryker has asked anything particularly insightful or made any criticism that suggests to me he is trying to evaluate the behaviour of other players. To take an example, his asking Gorf about a Ranmaru read could, in a possible scenario, be a scum Ryker trying to evaluate the prospects of pushing a mislynch, and to my mind is a very general question that doesn't demand a great deal from Gorf's reply.

Now, with all of that said, I don't think the absence of this particular behaviour from Ryker counts against him.
To me (up to page 16), it leaves him at a could-go-either-way null, because frankly I can't tell where his head is at or what his stances are.

Which is why I found marshy's read on Ryker interesting.

I think I have answered this sufficiently, I just wanted to point out that I'm not a fan of you to receiving a question about Ryker and borderline asking me to answer it for you.

(w.r.t the bold) I feel like you are giving Ryker the benefit of the doubt for no particular reason. I think you are correct in saying Ryker isn't showing classic scumtells e.g. trying to show off, strong-arm the game, etc. But personally I don't see any evidence of depth from him and I am skeptical of how you managed to get to this read so quickly. It's possible that you just have a better meta on Ryker than me, but this read from you set off red flags for me because it didn't seem genuine. It's more as though you looked at what Ryker was doing and then used that as a basis to give him a town read, rather than you looked at his slot with skepticism and then found reason to believe he was town. Maybe (for example) you're trying to buddy him by giving him a town read.

I have a couple more points about marshy, but they may be rendered obsolete by more recent events, and I'm out of time right this second.
fair enough. i came to the conclusion cuz i was able to come up with the "why" behind his posts pretty quickly. im not married to the read (or any town read) d1 but ya

should i assume that you found rykers posts and my treatment of his slot among the most problematic things as the day has gone by? im wondering why this has been a point of focus for you

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
im concerned with gorf and dont townread him. i didnt like how he kept pushing ran past the point when ran started to show up and most of the town started to shift their opinion of ran from an unfavorable one to a favorable one. but i know sometimes as town he dislikes bad logic and can really go in on it. still though, i get sketched out cuz thats the **** gorf is good at getting away with when hes scum. he has been fairly logical i guess but i havent seen anything that pushes him one direction or the other. i dont think hes done anything that really gives me a strong bead

why do you think doops a better play than pythag anyway, gorf? sell me on it

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I actually decided against it after sleeping it over. It's not Marshy's comment it's more so just trying to convince people of my reads. Now, this means I will actually answer everyone's questions in time (Especially Gorfs). I will try to re-read to see where I may have gone wrong.
Good. I actively enjoy playing with you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, can you actually talk to me this game? I guess my issue is you haven't really hit me up and I go insane without having a sound board to go off of. That would certainly help.
Yes, I can do that. I was going to do a full reads list tonight. I'll pull back the curtain and we can go. Do note, however, that I actively TRY not to do that with you too much because I also use a sounding board to get somewhere in mafia and you and I can easily add 250 posts one night, so we'll be actively trying not to create that mess.

I'm going to play some League, but I'll be around half the night like last night.

#HBC | Gorf

I feel like I'm, like, in a bit too much of a casual mindset, man. Like, things have been goofy and fun and chill, but I need to find these ****in narcs NOW, man. There's freakin four of them man! Looks like I'm gonna have to go a bit...

deeper

whooooooooosh

transfigurations of consciousness are an inevitability. time is an illusory concept. interdimenional beings are guiding us on a spiritual pathway to etherial transcendence

aaaaaAAAAAAGHHHHHH!

greetings. i have induced a state of being that defies the boundaries of reality set by the dimension we perceive on a day to day basis. my ego has been scorned and a boundless sense of empathy has washed over me. an understanding of my fellow man is of the utmost importance, and in order to understand everything, one must first strip everything they believe to hold value. pride. status. drive. it has all been relinquished, and i am anew. we are confined in a reality where there are individuals with the intent of drawing most of us against eachother through deceit. one must both be willing to observe from the outside and from the inside to grasp a true understanding of the mind. it is a complex organism, but a solvable one. and during my interdimensional travel, i seek to further my understand of the state of this ecosystem. what degree of validity do individual developments hold? that is the question i seek to answer.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I feel like I'm, like, in a bit too much of a casual mindset, man. Like, things have been goofy and fun and chill, but I need to find these ****in narcs NOW, man. There's freakin four of them man! Looks like I'm gonna have to go a bit...

deeper

whooooooooosh

transfigurations of consciousness are an inevitability. time is an illusory concept. interdimenional beings are guiding us on a spiritual pathway to etherial transcendence

aaaaaAAAAAAGHHHHHH!

greetings. i have induced a state of being that defies the boundaries of reality set by the dimension we perceive on a day to day basis. my ego has been scorned and a boundless sense of empathy has washed over me. an understanding of my fellow man is of the utmost importance, and in order to understand everything, one must first strip everything they believe to hold value. pride. status. drive. it has all been relinquished, and i am anew. we are confined in a reality where there are individuals with the intent of drawing most of us against eachother through deceit. one must both be willing to observe from the outside and from the inside to grasp a true understanding of the mind. it is a complex organism, but a solvable one. and during my interdimensional travel, i seek to further my understand of the state of this ecosystem. what degree of validity do individual developments hold? that is the question i seek to answer.
Holy ****, this post made me high and I haven't even tried walrus yet. This post has committed me to helping you find the ****in narcs.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Didn't actually read the post until now. I really appreciate the change in tone, as it is easier to talk to you like this than as a walrus-addict. I am happy we have dropped the persona.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I have been reading, as I am too involved in this game now. I am curious as to why Jex and Uto are questioning JTB now rather then before (especially since Jex had a null on him)

Unvote; Vote: Pythag
During my reread yesterday, I gave more attention to Kary and JTB, as they were 2 slots that I felt I liked some stuff, but had no real impression of whatsoever. I came out of it liking Kary more, and JTB not so much. I don't like that he immediately came to the conclusion that I was attempting to justify a scum read on Poyzin with meta, I don't like how he took issues with you saying a simple no to being called scum.

#HBC | Gorf

Didn't actually read the post until now. I really appreciate the change in tone, as it is easier to talk to you like this than as a walrus-addict. I am happy we have dropped the persona.
in life, we all go through psychological shifts as well as physiological. just as all organisms have half-lives, so do personalities and points of view. if this is a state of being that you are more appreciative of, then i will strive to humble myself to a point where i can satiate your individual need of comfort. after all, i do believe you are an ally, and in my past, i was careless. but i have transcended. that is not to say that a phase may come in the future that you might not appreciate and that i may be too self absorbed to rectify, but hopefully my state of ego death will prevent something like that from occurring.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
JTB....I don't like that he immediately came to the conclusion that I was attempting to justify a scum read on Poyzin with meta, I don't like how he took issues with you [Ranmaru] saying a simple no to being called scum.
a microcosm of why jtb needs to die

he immediately spins any potential interpretation of an event to a negative one. consistent with a scum mindset of manipulation. townies weigh both sides, scum elect to instead determine how they can make someone look bad in a given situation

anyone saying the wagon is too fast should tell us why that has any meaning or why that means scum influence or the argument holds no water. i dont want that narrative permeating the thread and affecting how people act when theres no evidence behind why a wagon being fast is inherently indicative of scum interference

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
in life, we all go through psychological shifts as well as physiological. just as all organisms have half-lives, so do personalities and points of view. if this is a state of being that you are more appreciative of, then i will strive to humble myself to a point where i can satiate your individual need of comfort. after all, i do believe you are an ally, and in my past, i was careless. but i have transcended. that is not to say that a phase may come in the future that you might not appreciate and that i may be too self absorbed to rectify, but hopefully my state of ego death will prevent something like that from occurring.
I prefer this gorf.

(You were in character so well up until bold, rip)

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Also, i have a scumread that i cant tell any of you about until tomorrow. Let's see how things turn out.
By tomorrow I mean the next game day, after today's lynch and tomorrow NK.

Heading out for the night. Don't do anythinf too stupid and get somebody hammered while I'm away.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Lmao that pretty much obv towns Marshy for me ^

40%jk 60%allday

Bruins lost that sucks, Rockin is still alive that’s bad.

Doop vs Pythag would be B cool but I can’t tell if Doop is scum vibes or new player contradiction vibes.

Macman lurking doesn’t necessarily mean anything yet but he is definitely more indecisive as scum.

JTB smells a lil funky.

Actually down to wagon:
Rockin
JTB
UP
Nabe
Maven
Doop
Pythag
Macman

In that order really.

Wow gotta love a day 1 where I’m cool with half the cast going. That’s how you know it’s gonna be a good day.
Swapped it up a bit... and by a bit I removed Ran and added Macman to the bottom. Indecisive Macman worries me, but inactive Macman is sort of null.

JTB Lynch would be coo but like we could also just kill Rockin.

Still think UP is worth looking at

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kevin, talk to me. What made you want to wagon me? Was this a change of mind or just always in your mind?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You came into the game asking no questions of substance and buddying the better players. If you weren’t scum I wasn’t losing a townie that was going to help me win Lylo if you’re playing like that

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
That’s a fairly simple decision to make and outwardly calling you scum forces you to have to play and either out yourself or start being useful and other people have to start playing my game. Where people don’t ask stupid **** for the first 48 hours of the day and let random discourse be something to hide behind.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Now that I’ve answered your question and opened your eyes to just how fun Mafia can be. Come take my hand, let’s fly away on this Rockin train! To lylo my boy we’ve got games to win and D1s to play!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks Kevin. I don't see any merit to the Rockin wagon, though so no.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just ISO'd pythag to try to figure out whats up with that wagon and frankly idk wtf yall are on. Pythags posts all seem fine to me. Funnily enough, even though I disagree with him, his final line from #778 re: JTB suspicions is exactly how I feel about pythag suspicions lmao "Can someone tell me why they think JTB is scummy? Or at least lynchworthy? Nothing I saw really struck me; I'm not convinced." Like just swap JTB for pythag and that's like verbatim what I was thinking when I saw votes shifting onto pythag

tbh it reeks of a distraction wagon with the goal of derailing JTB pressure, ****in narcs might be afoot here

but seriously if someone has a legitimately good reason to think pythag is a strong scum read I'd love to hear it

but even more seriously people should get on the JTB wagon

and even more more seriously this is legit the most fun but also chill mafia game I've played in in like a long ass time. I'm really like the general tenor of the discourse. obviously playing with the ****in homies is biasing me to the Nth degree but still like this is just a chill af game and I'm likin it

Top Bottom