• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Why is this an issue? Would it have looked fine to you if we checked in a few hours later and voted, instead of within minutes? I was online, it was a wagon that I support and so I voted.
Replying to this then backing out a bit, since I'm legitimately a bit ****ing pissed right now (not at JeXs). I'd rather not tilt and color my responses to people with it.

This is where you go "I voted to hop on then planned to expand reasoning later", not "if I had done the same later it would have been fine." Come on.

Did you already have reasoning for a JTB vote posted before you hopped on the wagon, like earlier in the game? The main thing sticking out is that it happened so quickly AND had no reasoning attached, so if I missed something, that'd change a lot for my current read.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Jesus Christ, chill.

I dont know what baggage you two have, but can we please not have a second blow up in the first game I've played in a year?
I'm definitely chilling for a bit, going to take a break from the game for a while. I feel like I'm right to be peeved when I ask a question then get a response of "your posts aren't worth reading."

JeXs

Smash Champion
Replying to this then backing out a bit, since I'm legitimately a bit ****ing pissed right now (not at JeXs). I'd rather not tilt and color my responses to people with it.

This is where you go "I voted to hop on then planned to expand reasoning later", not "if I had done the same later it would have been fine." Come on.

Did you already have reasoning for a JTB vote posted before you hopped on the wagon, like earlier in the game? The main thing sticking out is that it happened so quickly AND had no reasoning attached, so if I missed something, that'd change a lot for my current read.
I did. I didn't like JTB even before I voted. This can be seen in my posts during my reread, where I posted the 2 questions to him. #762 and #764

I'm genuinely curious why it was an issue to you that both Mac and myself voted within 15 minutes of Marshy's case?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
The last game we played you had a rough time and said that was why you shouldnt play anymore. I love you, dude, but make sure you're sorted before signing up for this.
i just don't like bardull tbh

but hes not mod anymore

dm me or pm me if you have other concerns, not trying to make this thread about me

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why is this an issue? Would it have looked fine to you if we checked in a few hours later and voted, instead of within minutes? I was online, it was a wagon that I support and so I voted.

It's not shoddy at all. His responses hasn't helped me change my opinion either. When asked about why he immediately came to the conclusion that I was asking for meta with a scummy intent, he simply stated he doesn't like using meta but never gave a reason to why he reached the conclusion that he did. When asked multiple times about how he expected Ran to respond, all he has to say is that Ran's tone changed, never directly answering the question of how he expected Ran to respond. I'm happy with my vote on JTB.
I think your reasoning is shoddy. I dont think your being manipulative in trying to fool me with it necessarily.

I am pretty sure that the meta thing was a joking comment because he doesnt like players supplying their own self meta as you two went into and I dont think lacking a specific response your looking for is an inditement of the calibre you seem to believe it is.

You can be happy with your vote. I'm not gonna stop you, but go search this thread for all posts by FF and read through them. There arent that many. Most are short. Tell me what you make of that slot's interactions if you dont mind.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I did. I didn't like JTB even before I voted. This can be seen in my posts during my reread, where I posted the 2 questions to him. #762 and #764

I'm genuinely curious why it was an issue to you that both Mac and myself voted within 15 minutes of Marshy's case?
Having reread all of JeXs' posts on JTB recently, I can confirm that JTB has been one of JeXs' primary interactions all game (the number one?).

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
btw i dont mean to derail the thread but with regard to all this raid talk

if anyone here is keen on getting pso2 when it comes stateside next year holla @ ya boi
putting color on this to show this is very OOC

I am interested in getting it. Admittingly, it's super late for them to do this (especially with strong contenders like FF14 that I'm currently playing), but I may be down for this. I want to get back to playing that Fighter class (Knuckles). I also want to play around with the Jet Boots as well

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Whoever actively plays and know the timbre of the environment: would Kary/Lore fake that blowup as a scum team?

I would like to think no one would do that sort of **** and it's definitely not SvS.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I think your reasoning is shoddy. I dont think your being manipulative in trying to fool me with it necessarily.

I am pretty sure that the meta thing was a joking comment because he doesnt like players supplying their own self meta as you two went into and I dont think lacking a specific response your looking for is an inditement of the calibre you seem to believe it is.

You can be happy with your vote. I'm not gonna stop you, but go search this thread for all posts by FF and read through them. There arent that many. Most are short. Tell me what you make of that slot's interactions if you dont mind.
The issue I have with his responses to my questions is that he never directly answered them, instead deflecting them.

I'll do that probably tomorrow evening, pretty tired atm.

JeXs

Smash Champion

I am interested in getting it. Admittingly, it's super late for them to do this (especially with strong contenders like FF14 that I'm currently playing), but I may be down for this. I want to get back to playing that Fighter class (Knuckles). I also want to play around with the Jet Boots as well
Hey, I've been playing FF14 too!

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord

(jet boots and summoners are probably what I'm most excited about. Game looks tight)

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Okay, here we go. Had a little detour regarding priorities, but I think this is what you wanted #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker .

Vote JTB
I don't see a huge difference between Ran and JeXs whereas clearly you do. I also don't really enjoy how you used the interactions Ran had with Kevin and I as evidence.
JTB humor me with an answer here? What should town!Ran have said to Kevin?
Phoenix Wright: HOLD IT

You actually didn't answer the question. You just said that you noticed that the answers became short and terse; I say that is meaningless in this instance, because it's a yes or no question "are you scum". Obviously we would all answer "no" to that question, unless you would like to make the word really long with filler between the letters.

Also sorry about the double-of-the-same post, not sure how that happened.
I'm glad you called that, because you're right on the money with this one. If Ran said anything more, it would've looked bad on his end. I feel a bit better about ran's spot now.

I didn't like JTB's dodging of my questioning (I don't care about the question anymore btw) as that strikes me as an immediate scumtell. I feel more comfortable throwing my vote to other wagons, and instead of simply scumreading him, I put my vote there. So far my scumpile is Doop, JeXs, and JTB. Anything I'm missing?

?

What does this even mean?
I was saying my read of your play up to page 11 as a defense of it, saying that I don't find it scummy.
Poyzin reeks of someone in a large game who's nervous about being the center of attention, responding to literally anything and everything. This also stacks with this game being so full of vets and legends of DGames.
reek
verb
1. smell strongly and unpleasantly; stink.
"the yard reeked of wet straw and stale horse manure"
synonyms:stink, smell, smell bad/disgusting, give off a bad smell, stink/smell to high heaven
"the whole place reeked of cheap perfume"

nervous
adjective
1. easily agitated or alarmed; tending to be anxious; highly strung.
"a sensitive, nervous person"
synonyms:highly strung, easily frightened, easily agitated, anxious, edgy, tense, excitable, jumpy, skittish, brittle, neurotic, hysterical; More

Yeah when you use diction with negative connotations you can't say that you meant for them to be good traits. Which is why I said that I don't care if you re-read me, and that I don't care what the result is. In other words, I'm apathetic to your results. In otherwards, uncaring. Which you took as defensiveness, and caring about what you think? This almost an exact opposite, so I was just "you do you." Not once would I ever say that answering questions is a sign of nervousness; rather, not answering questions would lead to nervousness. We can agree to disagree on that front.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I think I've chilled enough for now to calmly respond. I do apologize for that, it just really got me heated. Being bored at work has helped me calm down a bit faster.

Having reread all of JeXs' posts on JTB recently, I can confirm that JTB has been one of JeXs' primary interactions all game (the number one?).
Thanks, that clears up my primary reasoning towards JeXs there, along with JeXs's own post.

Do you have any thoughts on the Mac weirdness/inconsistency?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
reek
verb
1. smell strongly and unpleasantly; stink.
"the yard reeked of wet straw and stale horse manure"
synonyms:stink, smell, smell bad/disgusting, give off a bad smell, stink/smell to high heaven
"the whole place reeked of cheap perfume"

nervous
adjective
1. easily agitated or alarmed; tending to be anxious; highly strung.
"a sensitive, nervous person"
synonyms:highly strung, easily frightened, easily agitated, anxious, edgy, tense, excitable, jumpy, skittish, brittle, neurotic, hysterical; More

Yeah when you use diction with negative connotations you can't say that you meant for them to be good traits. Which is why I said that I don't care if you re-read me, and that I don't care what the result is. In other words, I'm apathetic to your results. In otherwards, uncaring. Which you took as defensiveness, and caring about what you think? This almost an exact opposite, so I was just "you do you." Not once would I ever say that answering questions is a sign of nervousness; rather, not answering questions would lead to nervousness. We can agree to disagree on that front.
Fair on the Reek and Nervousness bit there, I agree that my wording was a bit poor. Mind not literally quoting the dictionary though? Lol. Just simply saying "your use of reek and nervous made it seem negative" would have been all good in my book.

The whole post felt hyper defensive, and I can go in depth on that I guess. But it was mostly just the sheer amount of words in your reply, combined with the overall tone and arguments used. However, since I see that you were viewing my original post as negative, it makes more sense.

Also no offense, but "I don't care" and word walls don't exactly mix lol. That's still a bit weird to me.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Unvote
Vote UtopianPoyzin
Quick question, did you get a similar weird vibe from the "I don't care" plus the word walls? Or was it something else? If the former, it wasn't really enough for me to move off of Mac, just a bit of weirdness that didn't sit too well with me.

So if you have more, I'm very curious.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This sentiment here is what's mind boggling to me. I think people were calling Ran vs Tom TvS in an effort to softly label Tom a town read. Kev is another slot I'm somewhat worried about for similar reasons but without such an obvious example of people seeming willing to just take his side.
Don’t have to be worried about a slot that’s 4000% confirmed Town dummy.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Quick question, did you get a similar weird vibe from the "I don't care" plus the word walls? Or was it something else? If the former, it wasn't really enough for me to move off of Mac, just a bit of weirdness that didn't sit too well with me.

So if you have more, I'm very curious.
Do you really think I’d vote anyone off such a small thing as an “I don’t care” vibe? I missed you but don’t ever insult me like that again.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
update - i just read #469-#729 in detail. continuing further, hopefully done by the time this **** is #1100. good incoming

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Do you really think I’d vote anyone off such a small thing as an “I don’t care” vibe? I missed you but don’t ever insult me like that again.
Fair, fair. What I meant was the "I don't care" combined with so many words that they clearly care, haha. But I get what you mean.

I'm currently compiling all vote counts so far, and I think I've noticed something related to this. Will update when I finish up.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote count?
Vote Count: 1:52 PM CST 6/14 Edition

Rockin (1): Tom
Marshy (1): JTB
Pythag (3): Kary, Doop, Ranmaru
JTB (6): Marshy, JeXs, Mac, FrozenFlame, UtopianPoyzin, Rockin
FrozenFlame (2): Ryker, Gorf
Jexs (1): . Pythag
Mac (1): Lore
UtopianPoyzin (1): KevinM

No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (1): Nabe,

Deadline June 17th 7:00pm CST. Takes 9/17 to lynch.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
slot modkilled for the rules violation from (I'm assuming) your other head.
I'm not saying I was in the right.
However, I am open to rethinking that if the offending half of Toxic (whichever it was) drops and allows the other player to continue un-hydra'd.
Already have m8
(You don't have to beat around the bush, I can handle it. Also made it blatant in the dead chat. If there are feelings hurt then they aren't mine)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
You directly said that you don't find Tom as Scummier than JTB. You also said that you'd hop on a Tom wagon faster than you hopped on the JTB wagon, and now you're saying that it's mostly for pressure only?

And on top of that, now you're saying that you wrote the post as a joke, over a page and multiple posts later? Come on.

You find JTB scummy, yet you would hop on a Tom wagon even faster only due to pressure. Except for now you're saying the "faster" bit was a joke. You're being pretty inconsistent here, and the late as hell "I was mostly joking" just makes it even more fishy.

Vote: Mac

@#HBC | Kary You're usually solid at calling out when someone is going down a pretty useless rabbit hole. Mind giving your thoughts on the above? It's just not adding up for me, and I'd appreciate a second perspective.
lol idk what to tell you, what part do you think is inconsistent?

my post was simply to state that i'm down for a Tom wagon, that's it. Wording it the way i did was just embellishment, regardless i still stand by exactly how i said it

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
lol idk what to tell you, what part do you think is inconsistent?

my post was simply to state that i'm down for a Tom wagon, that's it. Wording it the way i did was just embellishment, regardless i still stand by exactly how i said it
If you don't see it as inconsistent, then either you're lying or I'm waaaaay off track. I'm slowly suspecting the latter, and I'd appreciate more input from someone outside of the two of us.

Did you, too, express discontent with JTB before Marshy's post?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
ryker, gorf - so yall think the JTB push feels unnatural, that it was done to take attn away from some of the other wagons? does that imply that you think either pythag or doop is scum, and the wagon is a distraction to take heat off of em?
no

before the wagon, jtb wasnt really a player i gave much thought to. the jtb wagon felt like it came out of nowhere (which is to be expected given it was spawned by marshys case, which was sudden), but the only player that i feel any sort of uncertainty with in terms of their involvement with it is ff. thats 1/5, so i doubt this is a "pull attention from other wagons" case. my feelings with the wagon have been alleviated, but i think doop is likelier to flip scum

Vote: JTB
why are you flopping from doop, who you voted just last night?

to any ff voter: whats your opinion of a tom wagon opposite of jtb?
for toDay, meh. i like doop vs pythag vs jtb better than that

Top Bottom