• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Oh, explanation. I was looking at unread watched threads and this one wouldn't go away. I figured if someone new posted, it would let me clear it, and I wasn't about to wait for someone to say something.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I mean the Salt Lake City Job market is kinda the best in the nation according to some guy who moved here from half way across the country and I never asked him where he got his sources. But it sounded legit when he said it. :awesome:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Saw an ophtalmologist for the first time today. He nonchalantly told me that the scans he took today indicate potential retinal tearing. The scans were primarily taken to see if I would be a candidate for Lasik surgery due to my parents bugging me out about seeing if I was eligible for the procedure. Mother stupidly spent the entire meeting asking about Lasik.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Retinal tearing can lead to retinal detachment. According to another MD video I watched, it can sometimes be spontaneous resulting in a rapid development of limited vision in the eye until the eye is overcome by complete blindness. However, if surgery is performed on the eye within 24-48 hours then there is an 80-90% chance that the retina can be reattached, however efficacy of sight post-surgery isn't as well documented. Also there is only a 10-15% chance that retinal detachment occurs in both eyes, so if I go blind in one I always have the other. I was not valid for Lasik surgery because the doctor was fantasizing over my extremely large pupils which he said dilated at night to a length and width that were so enormous that it eclipsed the diameter of the circle of corrected vision that comes from the Lasik procedure. If I were to undergo such a procedure, he stated that my pupils at night will dilate to full size and I will see a halo due to the discrepancy between the Lasik operated area and the greater area of my eye that would remain uncorrected. Also my vision is so bad that my eyes would require such heavy exposure to the laser and not to mention that my eyes weren't as stable to the doctor, even though we did schedule a meeting since our regular optometrist thought I had steadied out.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sounds disappointing, and scary. Get that stuff figured out :<

I remember my mother promised me laser eye surgery a few years ago. Might need to get get on that money grabber status.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I actually love wearing glasses. So I'm relieved that it looks like I won't be a likely candidate for either Lasik or ICL (Implantable Collamer Lens). Although I may be receiving surgery for retinal tearing depending on my follow up next week. I am refusing to do ICL even if offered since the cost of the surgery is super ridiculous and something I can't afford and refuse to be further financially indebted to my parents even if they 'encourage' me to take the procedure.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
guys help i can't stop watching anime im turning into xonar each passing day im scared uguu~

I MEAN **** **** ASS PISS

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yo hold this Tom you know it's called Pen & Sword for a reason brother I'ma come after you hackin and slashin nerd how you gonna win when you get cut in half

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Retinal tearing can lead to retinal detachment. According to another MD video I watched, it can sometimes be spontaneous resulting in a rapid development of limited vision in the eye until the eye is overcome by complete blindness. However, if surgery is performed on the eye within 24-48 hours then there is an 80-90% chance that the retina can be reattached, however efficacy of sight post-surgery isn't as well documented. Also there is only a 10-15% chance that retinal detachment occurs in both eyes, so if I go blind in one I always have the other. I was not valid for Lasik surgery because the doctor was fantasizing over my extremely large pupils which he said dilated at night to a length and width that were so enormous that it eclipsed the diameter of the circle of corrected vision that comes from the Lasik procedure. If I were to undergo such a procedure, he stated that my pupils at night will dilate to full size and I will see a halo due to the discrepancy between the Lasik operated area and the greater area of my eye that would remain uncorrected. Also my vision is so bad that my eyes would require such heavy exposure to the laser and not to mention that my eyes weren't as stable to the doctor, even though we did schedule a meeting since our regular optometrist thought I had steadied out.
My family on my mom side had loads of vision problems so I can relate.

Get better dude.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have a tummy ache. ;-; All this acid... bleh. It's what i get from almost not eating yesterday and it hurts. : [

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
also yeah for real go get them new eyes acrostic or whatever but let's not talk about it that's just nasty let's return to talking about how Tom gonna get ruined

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Speaking of Pen and Sword, I'll be reserving for an elimination sometime over the weekend, so be prepared. I've sent messages to a couple people for inactivity and such.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Dim moonlight illuminated rolling clouds in the night sky. A gust of chilly air set the hair on Tom's neck upright. Tonight was a bad night to be wondering, and an even worse place to be. Tom knew this. He was walking through the bad part of DGames, known for it's shootings, shankings, and shakeups. Shifting shadows shot across shaking shrubbery and shabby shacks. leaving Tom shivering, shaking, and sheetlike. "****!" exclaimed Tom as he hastened to a jog. He knew alliteration like this meant bad news. The occasional snap of a twig or rustling of leaves left him with butterflies in his stomach, and icy sweat running down his body. The road ended in a dead end. Out of sidewalk and out of breath, Tom rested under the pale glow of a streetlight. The light offered no warmth and no protection, yet he clung to it as precious seconds ticked off. Perfectly positioned behind my mark, I raised my weapon. The shadow of my tool spread out in front of him. Tom turned to face his killer...

Tom's turn

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
so i just heard ben affleck is the new batman

i know there a lot of haters but im excited. he nailed a lot of the nuances of daredevils character which im hopin he pulls with batman. the dd directors cut was actually entertaining most just **** on the theatrical cut

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I dunno bro, I'm with you that he killed it as DD but Matt Murdock's a very different character. The fact that he actually has a zest for life still, unlike Bruce, fits a lot better. BA is sometimes a good actor, and generally underrated, but right for Bruce Wayne? I'm skeptical.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
so i just heard ben affleck is the new batman

i know there a lot of haters but im excited. he nailed a lot of the nuances of daredevils character which im hopin he pulls with batman. the dd directors cut was actually entertaining most just **** on the theatrical cut
I'm happy for Affleck. He's a huge comic book nerd, and I know he loves the Bat, so this is a wet dream. Look for Kevin Smith getting involved in some way. Will Affleck be great? No, but he'll be fine, and I'm willing to watch a man get to live out his dream. (Even if it becomes this in the end.)

But other than that I am a little pissed. Why not SPOILER go for Joseph Gordon-Levitt to keep continuity with the Nolan films? He's young, but come on, take notes. One reason the Avengers series of Marvel movies are so great and so successful at straddling the line between comic book fans and movie fans and making it work (important!) is the huge degree of continuity between films. Those movies are like reading a comic book, in ways even the Nolan trilogy never captured. And the apparent lack of desire here to even try to make that happen when the properties are all under the WB roof is evidence enough that this studio still thinks they can throw money at movies until they're good. The backlash should be expected, not because Ben Affleck isn't great (I would cast him as anything, even the shark in Jaws, and I'm sure I'll enjoy his performance), but because this casting decision shows the overall lack of forethought over what people want to see from this movie. Is it another reboot of Batman? An insertion of a cashgrab character into an already ailing sequel?

At this point in the proceedings, with bated breath, I await the seemingly inevitable return of Bat-nipples.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i think they kept it out of the nolanverse cuz it was more grounded in reality and devoid of the alien beings greek gods and underwater empires that this inevitable dc movie universell require. i dunno wtf to make of a reboot but i imagine bats introduction in mos 2 is a jumping point for his involvement in justice league

im still holding out for a ballin wonder woman adaptation what the **** dc

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Disagree re: "ways the Nolan trilogy never captured". The Avengers franchise was like reading Marvel comic books. The Nolan trilogy was like reading a decade's worth of a Batman run without [most of] the annoying filler bull****. Different objectives, both felt like comic arcs to me. I get the point about multiple intersecting franchises though. I actually think some of those films suffered for it frankly with all the cronyism and crossmarketing strangling the story of the day (see Iron Man 2) but that's another kettle of fish or whatever

anyway BA could surprise, but if he does, it would be by being... decent to pretty good, honestly. short of a great script, and I don't see another one of those falling on the Bat-desk for quite a while, and inspired directing (same, possibly even longer), I don't know that he'll even be at the top of his game, which I still don't think is best-suited for the character.

I think BA could kill it as a Green Lantern though

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Disagree re: "ways the Nolan trilogy never captured". The Avengers franchise was like reading Marvel comic books. The Nolan trilogy was like reading a decade's worth of a Batman run without [most of] the annoying filler bull****. Different objectives, both felt like comic arcs to me. I get the point about multiple intersecting franchises though. I actually think some of those films suffered for it frankly with all the cronyism and crossmarketing strangling the story of the day (see Iron Man 2) but that's another kettle of fish or whatever
Really? Because while Iron Man 2 was disappointing, I don't think the five minutes of Nick Fury and semi-gratuitous Romanoff constituted any part of the problem with the movie. The execution was subpar, and the plot wasn't driven by Tony's failings a la 1 and 3, which drives the characterization. Tony is poisoned, Tony gets drunk, Rhodes intervenes, Pepper is sad, the Avengers hate him, but it has nothing to do with Justin Hammer or Ivan Vanko, and that's where the movie fails -- it's sloppy, and thus doesn't form a compelling whole. (See: all news of The Amazing Spider-Man 2)

Also of note, I have no faith in Zack Snyder. He is Warner Bros personified, flashy direction and good effects shots with little substance.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
So I know I'm late to the party but daamn new quasimoto's good. Madlib will forever be my favorite producer.

Also of note, I have no faith in Zack Snyder. He is Warner Bros personified, flashy direction and good effects shots with little substance.
Preach it sister.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Really? Because while Iron Man 2 was disappointing, I don't think the five minutes of Nick Fury and semi-gratuitous Romanoff constituted any part of the problem with the movie. The execution was subpar, and the plot wasn't driven by Tony's failings a la 1 and 3, which drives the characterization. Tony is poisoned, Tony gets drunk, Rhodes intervenes, Pepper is sad, the Avengers hate him, but it has nothing to do with Justin Hammer or Ivan Vanko, and that's where the movie fails -- it's sloppy, and thus doesn't form a compelling whole. (See: all news of The Amazing Spider-Man 2)

ey man

don't get so attached to tings

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
sorry i wanted the probably-not-very-fitting reference cause i'm a sucker for that line

I really am not excited for Affleck and I really don't know why DC's basically rewriting everything Nolan did in the past 5 years or so, despite how popular it was and how built up the scenario was. This is worse than the Spiderman reboot that's happening now and that at least waited 5 years before it got a reboot (which I honestly liked more than the originals but that's personal preference).

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
hey so i downloaded league and my internet doesn't suck and i hear dgames plays sometimes

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I play, I'm on level 2. I can't get past the boss though, my fault for choosing the axe over the longsword.

Top Bottom