• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
God dammit. That thing is like 100% accurate besides the female schtick. Like 100% to the tee. Welp, gg Zen.

Just read others, god damn laughed too many times. Just amazing. Like I lost it at Nabe, lost it at the Circus Call-out and just many other things. Zen wins thread for a while.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
ZEN IT'S NOT LIKE I'M IN LOVE WITH STAR TREK OR WHATEVER.

Other than that, 10/10 post. So, like, a 9.8?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
love the dgamers as ____ posts we really do have some characters

speakin of love

shoutsout to my bride karebear who im def faithful!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Literlaly just had the gayest night ever

had this solid 9 on my ****ing arm waiting to bang me and my id got rejected at 2 different bars that i have previously gotten into (on a sunday no less wtf) and she just went in to the second one wihtout me god damn this country and their drinking rules somethimes for ****s sakes

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
:c sorry Kuz good thing you're beautiful

Also relying on me to get work done teehee

Also had to reread your post like 3 times, Kuz. "Gayest night ever" into "solid 9... waiting to bang me" is very misleading.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
ZEN IT'S NOT LIKE I'M IN LOVE WITH STAR TREK OR WHATEVER.

Other than that, 10/10 post. So, like, a 9.8?
Everyone's a critic.

I enjoyed the read.

@PJB - I'm stuck. Do you know the trick to the meteor boss fight with the bombs? I don't have the damage to kill them at once.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Everyone's a critic.

I enjoyed the read.

@PJB - I'm stuck. Do you know the trick to the meteor boss fight with the bombs? I don't have the damage to kill them at once.
but you have rods, don't you? You can't just break a bunch of ice rods on them? I would think that would work. You can buy them in Karnak for only, like, 750 gil.

I'm pretty sure I beat them by giving all my guys !Black and spamming Ice2 at them (since Ice3 isn't available until world2). Breaking Ice rods casts Ice3, so you should be in good shape with that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You can only single target with rods and killing one of them causes them to res all the ones that self-destruct or have already been killed.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
oh, i thought you could hit all when u broke rods.

I know u have White Mage>Red Mage>Geomancer>??? So you might just have to let the Red Mage whittle them down with multi targetted ice spells. I dunno if u got Dancer or Chemist for ur earth job, but it's kind of irrelevant here. The geomancer might be able to contribute too? I'm not super familiar with what stuff comes out of !Earth, I've only ever used them in X-Death's castle cuz there's lava and traps everywhere, and the stuff they can bust out there is decent. Everyone's on item duty, while the white mage casts heals, and the red mage tries to solo the fight. If anyone else tries to help, make sure you're evening the damage out to make sure they all die to a single attack from ur red mage. With 3 out of 4 characters playing support to the red mage, you should outlast them.

As a last resort, they sell Fire Rings in Rikks. They are hella expensive tho. Like, they cost more money than you've probably accumulated so far over the course of your playthrough. Having one would definitely help, and it will also come in handy later when ur fighting the crystals near the end of world2. Other teams get access to the Flame shield they have before you fight them, most of the time, but you can't use that. Those guys are a major stopping point for most parties, so make sure you're heavily stocked up on Fire Rods before going to World2. They aren't available there, and you'll need them.

EDIT: oh wow, i totally forgot u don't have Galuf, so you're working with a 3 man team that doesn't include the Earth job anyway. Still, 2 chars playing support to the Red Mage should be fine, especially since one of them is a White Mage.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Doesn't matter. Whole team gets one shot by self-destruct. If three use it in one turn, I wipe. It takes roughly 9 casts of Ice 2 to kill the group and I only have the Red Mage to do it.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Jerkus, it's 5:24 AM. Come back to bed.
soup had often not gotten the respect and appreciation he longed for. No one really knows what it is that Pete wants, not even his wife Kataefi.
Soup are you 2-timing me in public????

I have so much rage. hold on

Hello? How much is that? Great. Dump him southside of the river if you can. Thanks bye

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Doesn't matter. Whole team gets one shot by self-destruct. If three use it in one turn, I wipe. It takes roughly 9 casts of Ice 2 to kill the group and I only have the Red Mage to do it.
Damn... that's a tough one. You're boosting the Ice2 damage by having the Red Mage wield an Ice Rod, right? Red Mages do have kind of a butt magic stat compared to all the other mages, so that probably accounts for why it takes so long...

This is why I would never wanna do a #Natural run, cuz u can't just give all ur guys !Red and go ham. :/

I'm wondering if Exploder does Fire damage or not? Fire Rings would solve that problem, though they'd be a ***** to afford. If it doesn't do fire damage...

Maybe not whittle them all down at once? If they all get to low HP, they'll explode on you. Try just whittling 2 of them down at a time with single target Ice2s. If they use Explode, I don't think they Arise, at least not right away. If you can survive one or two Explodes, you should be able to pick them off that way, and finish the last few off by breaking ice rods before they start reviving?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Literlaly just had the gayest night ever

had this solid 9 on my ****ing arm waiting to bang me and my id got rejected at 2 different bars that i have previously gotten into (on a sunday no less wtf) and she just went in to the second one wihtout me god damn this country and their drinking rules somethimes for ****s sakes
Ugh. I understand. Gay nights are the WORST!

Seriously though, the drinking age here is so stupid >_>. Encouraging drinking in someone else's dorm room or house instead of in public is a great way to go about things, America. Bravo! Hopefully there will be more 9's coming your way to make up for that girl.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Damn... that's a tough one. You're boosting the Ice2 damage by having the Red Mage wield an Ice Rod, right? Red Mages do have kind of a butt magic stat compared to all the other mages, so that probably accounts for why it takes so long...

This is why I would never wanna do a #Natural run, cuz u can't just give all ur guys !Red and go ham. :/

I'm wondering if Exploder does Fire damage or not? Fire Rings would solve that problem, though they'd be a ***** to afford. If it doesn't do fire damage...

Maybe not whittle them all down at once? If they all get to low HP, they'll explode on you. Try just whittling 2 of them down at a time with single target Ice2s. If they use Explode, I don't think they Arise, at least not right away. If you can survive one or two Explodes, you should be able to pick them off that way, and finish the last few off by breaking ice rods before they start reviving?
I don't think it's on a damage timer. I may be wrong. I just seem to get ****ed on turn 3. I even spent an attempt casting protect.

But yeah, they're non-elemental in most game (as far as weaknesses go). I'll probably Google it today.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
It probably does non elemental damage. I'm just being hopeful. There's gotta be a solution to this, but I'm not seeing it. This battle wasn't a stopping point for me because for most of the game, equipping !Black on 3 of my 4 characters was the right solution, and shenanigans involving !Sing was the solution for almost everything else.

I'll get in touch with the FFV guru that helped me out with my run. If he can't figure out a really easy way for you to win, then it's probably not even possible.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ok so I just tested it, because I had doubts about whether it was true or not, but I didn't know for sure because I barely broke any rods on my playthrough. You can totally multi target when you break rods. In fact, I couldn't not multi target with them. You can't actually single target them at all.

Still though, your White Mage and Geomancer can't use them, so the Red Mage is still the only one doing damage, though it should certainly be more.

I also found that if you just wait, they'll Explode on their own, and they don't Arise when they use that. So if you just sit there waiting to see them use Exploder, and immediately use a phoenix down on their target, you should be able to watch them all drop. Give that a try.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
It's possibly a version thing? I have the PS1 Anthology version of the game, so if yours is different, that's a possible explanation.

I'm also being told by my FFV Guru that you can put them to Sleep, and they won't explode.

^^ it's odd little nuggets like this that make these runs possible. Like, if I didn't exploit little status vulnerabliities, I would never have beaten Omega and Shinryu (which I succeeded in, finally)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
78 episodes seems intense but Mad Men is now more interesting to me now that we've been compared to it. Will I like it?

Top Bottom