• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
So upon recieving a **** punch telegram, would the message say that you're going after them, or, upon reading the message, the reader then feels a sharp pain in his groin?

Or both?
You'll have to consult Raz for this.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Where did all that Wonder Woman footage come from? Is it from that show that never got off the ground?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
some fan film trailer I think? I dunno. If it's the one I'm thinking of marshy probably set the YT vid as his homepage lol

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ok, so I just began a new playthrough of Final Fantasy V, but with an interesting twist. See, I'm participating in this thing called the FFV Four Job Fiesta.

http://fourjobfiesta.com/

What it is, is you sign up to participate, and you help raise money for Child's Play. There's different rulesets you can sign up for, but the most basic of which gives you limitations. You are randomly assigned only certain jobs that you can use. You have to use all the jobs you're assigned, but you can juggle them around as you see fit. People will donate extra money to raise the odds that people get stuck with Berserkers and stuff like that, and you can go for challenges like beating Omega and Shinryu. It's cool stuff.

I just began my run, so I just arrived at the Wind Crystal and was randomly assigned Black Mage. So I can't use freelancers anymore, or any other job for that matter! I'm stuck with 4 black mages until I reach the next crystal. Check it out, sign up, donate, wutever!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Well SP is over so it is about time for me to depart once more. Let's go for October this time.

Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
WHY THE **** DOES THIS TEEN SwAG BOY THING ALWAYS COME UP ON MY FEED WTF DFLkjadsf;klasjfas;dlfkjasfdlk;ajdfa;ldskfjasd;fkljadsf;klajdf

Ok, so I just began a new playthrough of Final Fantasy V, but with an interesting twist. See, I'm participating in this thing called the FFV Four Job Fiesta.

http://fourjobfiesta.com/

What it is, is you sign up to participate, and you help raise money for Child's Play. There's different rulesets you can sign up for, but the most basic of which gives you limitations. You are randomly assigned only certain jobs that you can use. You have to use all the jobs you're assigned, but you can juggle them around as you see fit. People will donate extra money to raise the odds that people get stuck with Berserkers and stuff like that, and you can go for challenges like beating Omega and Shinryu. It's cool stuff.

I just began my run, so I just arrived at the Wind Crystal and was randomly assigned Black Mage. So I can't use freelancers anymore, or any other job for that matter! I'm stuck with 4 black mages until I reach the next crystal. Check it out, sign up, donate, wutever!
Yeah. I (Ryker) am probably going to be streaming my run. I was planning to begin it today.

#BESERKERRISK

http://www.twitch.tv/GSRyker

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have applied to UPS. I'm that ****ing desperate for a job. Jeezuz. I hope I don't die. I don't think I'm very athletic and hope I can muster the strength to pull through with those boxes.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
What area of UPS did you apply for? Trucker, loader, what? There's more there then just slugging boxes around, as they'd need people to work the phones, keep track of things, etc.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am gonna guess warehouse, cuz they mention 'sliding'.

dear ee's muscles help me if I have to do both

Orboknown

Smash Hero
In the warehouse you'll at least not haveto drive out in the weather all day, plus you'll prolly be given easier stuff the firstfew days. It won't be that bad.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also thanks. Those words I will hold onto the first few days. In hopes... that it is true. When in danger, I will call upon EE's muscles and hope they arrive.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well it seems I have to re-schedule (there aren't any more appointments tho)

cancelling doesn't do anything right, if theres more I can just apply again right?

gotta get this damn car fixed

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I have applied to UPS. I'm that ****ing desperate for a job. Jeezuz. I hope I don't die. I don't think I'm very athletic and hope I can muster the strength to pull through with those boxes.
Ex-UPS Package Loader/Unloader here. It's a ****ty job. You should be big enough to handle the physical aspect of the job but it's a ****ty job. Do you know if you're doing Load or Unload... or small sort? If you get small sort, you're going to make way too much money for what you do and you should keep that job forever probably. But only girls get small sort real talk. Most people get load and load is hyper-ass. I started on load and am so glad I got out of it. The only thing more difficult about unload is the pace you have to work at. Should I go through the specifics of why this job is ****ty? My suggestions for you Ran... bring a water bottle, wear some nice gloves that won't tear up, get some work boots, and dress lightly in things you don't mind ruining. It's the summer right now so it's going to be ridiculously hot for you, especially if you work days. Always push difficult higher boxes up front-end up and drag out, don't try to pull them down. Seriously never get stupid about overweight packages always take them slow and carefully you never need to show off how strong you are by doing them quickly. I hurt my sciatic at UPS on something stupid and like most back injuries they'll affect you for a long long time. Also don't expect to get anything if you get hurt unless it's blatantly their fault. I didn't work at UPS too long but I could talk about it for an hour. It's really different and it really changed me for better or worse.
What area of UPS did you apply for? Trucker, loader, what? There's more there then just slugging boxes around, as they'd need people to work the phones, keep track of things, etc.
Pretty much every new hire in a UPS hub (not store) starts as a Loader/Unloader unless it's a specific technical job like mechanic. Even the truckers and management.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I just did a normal run, but I got Berserker for my water job anyway.

Black Mage>Berserker>Bard>Dancer

God help me. Just set foot in World2

#berserkermasterrace
Rofl. I got stomped by Karnak Castle escape twice, then had to break a rod. I currently have White Mage -> Red Mage -> Geomancer. I had to stop because I got wiped by Level 5 Death in the library. So sad.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
That's rough. You've got a lot of solid offensive capability in that team, but you're ****ed for anything that knows how to take a hit. Hopefully you get a Lancer or Samurai to round out your roster. Even a Berserker wouldn't be too bad. I'm learning a lot of stuff about how to make Berserkers more viable.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That's rough. You've got a lot of solid offensive capability in that team, but you're ****ed for anything that knows how to take a hit. Hopefully you get a Lancer or Samurai to round out your roster. Even a Berserker wouldn't be too bad. I'm learning a lot of stuff about how to make Berserkers more viable.

Dude, it's a Team 750 run. I'm just straight ****ed for anything that can take a hit. I actually DREAD the day I lose my last Freelancer.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Dude, it's a Team 750 run. I'm just straight ****ed for anything that can take a hit. I actually DREAD the day I lose my last Freelancer.
Oh, I didn't realize you were running Team 750, all you said was #BERSERKERRISK.

Yea dude, you're ****ed lol. That White Mage is gonna have to put in overtime.

Your guys all have more HP than most of mine though. Bards and Dancers freakin' suck in that department. I've got that Berserker and everything, but it's not like he can throw a phoenix down at anyone if he survives something that wipes everyone else. He's useful as a damage sponge though, especially now that he's wearing Bonemail.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You've never done a fiesta run? Or you've never played FFV before? This is a hell of a way to paly through the game for the first time, that's for sure! I recommend doing a run with normal fiesta rules, nothing fancy like Ryker did.

The Job system is very similar to the one in Final Fantasy Tactics, if you've ever played that. You don't get access to jobs until you unlock the Wind Crystal, so you'll be playing a little while with 4 Freelancers.

Top Bottom