• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

July

Smash Apprentice
If I watched TV, I would watch that show solely for Christina Hendricks.

Since I don't watch TV, Thank god for the internet.
Christina Hendricks is phenomenal, I watched Firefly not too long ago as well and loved her there too, that girl has talent.

I have already been watching it. :cool:
What do you think of it?

Everything on AMC the last like, 5 years has been made of gold. You should also watch Breaking Bad and Walking Dead if you haven't already.

Christina Hendricks is completely the reason I started watching Mad Men :p
I definitely need to watch Breaking Bad, I gave the Walking Dead a shot and I definitely respect it but I've never been incredibly interested in zombies. The part I actually like the most about zombie movies is the disease aspect and watching the infection take shape and break out, usually due to human error or arrogance.

The only other show I've watched lately is The League, and I found it incredibly funny and enjoyable. I think it's probably hit or miss though depending on your sense of humor, I've failed to successfully recruit any other girls to watch it because it's raunchy at points.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Christina Hendricks has very big talents, yes. :awesome: She is really good though. I first saw her on FireFly, and seeing that she was on Mad Men is literally the whole reason I checked it out.

I pretty much only watch The League if I leave the TV on after It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It's not a terrible show, it's funny, but I wouldn't watch it in reruns or anything. I have the same feelings about Workaholics.

Always Sunny is amazing though, check it out. And Breaking Bad is something I recommend to literally everyone.

July

Smash Apprentice
Christina Hendricks has very big talents, yes. :awesome: She is really good though. I first saw her on FireFly, and seeing that she was on Mad Men is literally the whole reason I checked it out.

I pretty much only watch The League if I leave the TV on after It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It's not a terrible show, it's funny, but I wouldn't watch it in reruns or anything. I have the same feelings about Workaholics.

Always Sunny is amazing though, check it out. And Breaking Bad is something I recommend to literally everyone.
Lol truth, I saw her first in Firefly too, then when I realized she was in Mad Men too I was really excited, although I started watching for Jon Hamm tbh.

Yeah I definitely understand that. It's definitely a different type of humor, for me it's basically my sense of humor when I'm around my closest friends.

I freaking love it's Always Sunny, I watched it before I came to Philly but now that I live here it's basically a necessity lol. They go to my university's hospital a couple of times in the show and at one point hold a beer pong competition in one of our frat houses :D

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
so now that I have the attention of some nonweaboos

guys

guys

you guys

...you guys

Christina Hendricks as Poison Ivy in the new Batman movies imo

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Lol, as amazing as that would be, I think the new Batman movies are done. Like, I'm pretty sure Christopher Nolan is done, and if somebody else did it, it'd probably be terrible.

She does fit the role like a glove though. Can't think of anyone who could possibly be better... they'd prolly **** it up and cast Emma Stone or some ****.

Killstic

Smash Rookie
so now that I have the attention of some nonweaboos

guys

guys

you guys

...you guys

Christina Hendricks as Poison Ivy in the new Batman movies imo
I agree, she would be a great voice actor for that part in a Batman anime.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I have bad handwriting. Charlie Kelly has REALLY REALLY bad hand writing. Like, you hear the expression "Chicken scratch", his handwriting actually looks like a chicken scratched at a piece of paper with it's little chicken toe. His character is straight up illiterate.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I never knew Charlie's last name so I didn't know what DH meant by IASIP. I figured it out contextually from PJB's last post.

That amused me.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Guys, I think I'm very slowly becoming Gheb in my old age.

The only other show I've watched lately is The League, and I found it incredibly funny and enjoyable. I think it's probably hit or miss though depending on your sense of humor, I've failed to successfully recruit any other girls to watch it because it's raunchy at points.
I love The League, and Firefly too! We should definitely talk more often / run a game together.

Killstic

Smash Rookie
Maybe I'll get that threeway after all...
Yes, yes, yes. We'd all be clamoring over each other in a haze of mad passion clawing at each other like starving predators with a visceral hunger looking for fulfillment and satisfaction that could only be found in such a wonderful polygamous relationship that defies convention and afterwards we would all collapse in complete bliss. Our faces in complete ghebstacy as we lay in the bed panting:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
ATTENTION LITERALLY EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED ME WHEN I WAS FEELING SAD LAST WEEK:

For your reading pleasure:

[11:10:08 AM] DRB | Raziek: Who's here right now? PAGING XONAR RAMSES JELSMA ZONIE
[11:10:20 AM] Gova: oic
[11:10:45 AM | Edited 11:10:46 AM] DRB | Raziek: I love you too Gova, it's just that I have big news in the dating department
[11:10:58 AM] Gova: so?
[11:11:03 AM] Gova: am i like not cool enough
[11:11:06 AM] DRB | Raziek: And I'm starting to believe there might be some extent of divine influence
[11:11:10 AM] Gova: for you to tell me
[11:11:11 AM] Gova: abou tit
[11:11:26 AM] DRB | Raziek: Well it's just I usually talk with Xonar and Ryker about love stuff, that's all. Of course I'm still going to tell you
[11:11:42 AM] DRB | Raziek: Anyway, let's set the stage
[11:12:31 AM] DRB | Raziek: There's this girl. Everyone has this girl. She's the girl you see walking around campus, you think she's pretty cute.
[11:12:45 AM] DRB | Raziek: You make eye contact a few times maybe, but it never really goes beyond that
[11:13:07 AM] DRB | Raziek: Starting off a series of incredible coincidences
[11:13:31 AM] DRB | Raziek: First, I arrive to campus at 9:20 instead of 9:00, which means I miss breakfast because my bus was late
[11:13:56 AM] DRB | Raziek: This puts me in the student union tim horton's when I wouldn't normally be there, after class at 10:30
[11:14:07 AM] DRB | Raziek: She's there.
[11:14:12 AM] DRB | Raziek: Right in front of me in the line
[11:14:35 AM] DRB | Raziek: So I'm standing there thinking "Maybe I should talk to her", and trying to figure out how to break the ice
[11:14:48 AM] DRB | Raziek: Cue divine influence, stage right.
[11:14:54 AM] DRB | Raziek: On her backpack is a keychain.
[11:15:14 AM] DRB | Raziek: This keychain is of a red Toon Link, which I've only ever seen at the Last Gamestore, a local specialty game shop
[11:15:28 AM] DRB | Raziek: I have this EXACT keychain on my car keys in my pocket
[11:15:46 AM] DRB | Raziek: So I said to myself, "If this isn't a sign, I don't know what is"
[11:16:21 AM] DRB | Raziek: So I mustered my courage, and I did that thing where you awkwardly try to explain to someone you've never met that you're NOT a stalker, but you want to talk to them
[11:16:40 AM] DRB | Raziek: Get past that rocky "how the **** do I do this" introduction
[11:16:49 AM] DRB | Raziek: And I find out we literally have everything in common
[11:16:58 AM] DRB | Juushichi: oh wow
[11:17:06 AM] DRB | Raziek: SHE WAS PLAYING GODDAMN FIRE EMBLEM
[11:17:21 AM] DRB | Raziek: AND IS ON THE SAME CHAPTER AS I AM
[11:17:32 AM] Gova: and she picked male protag with the name jordan
[11:17:36 AM] DRB | Raziek: Bahaha
[11:17:38 AM] DRB | Raziek: not quite
[11:18:01 AM] Gova: she was just on the same difficulty then
[11:18:04 AM] DRB | Raziek: But anyway, yeah. We chatted for like 25 minutes, cleared the basic introductions and interests, I've got her name, she's single, and WE IN THERE
[11:18:27 AM] DRB | Raziek: THe only reason we didn't chat longer is because she had a midterm in 30 minutes
[11:18:43 AM] Gova: did you get her number or something
[11:18:54 AM] Gova: or like she told you to add her on facebook
[11:19:06 AM] Gova: seems a little weird to find out shes single and then have no way to follow up on that
[11:19:07 AM] DRB | Raziek: facebook. I added her
[11:19:08 AM] Gova: ah
[11:19:20 AM] DRB | Raziek: I made sure to get her last name and everything
[11:19:23 AM] DRB | Raziek: Her name's Jenny
[11:19:29 AM] DRB | Raziek: And she's super cute
[11:19:35 AM] DRB | Raziek: And goddamn I'm falling already
[11:19:44 AM] Gova: is she studying law?
[11:19:46 AM] DRB | Raziek: Idle crush turned magnificent stroke of luck
[11:19:47 AM] Gova: i mean how coincidental
[11:19:49 AM] Gova: is this story
[11:19:49 AM] DRB | Raziek: No, arts
[11:19:51 AM] Gova: oh
[11:19:54 AM] Gova: well there goes my joke
[11:20:03 AM] Gova: hehe
[11:20:21 AM] DRB | Raziek: Anyway, that's the beam of ****ing sunlight brightening my morning after that midterm failure
[11:20:26 AM] DRB | Raziek: Juicy talk to me bro
[11:20:36 AM] DRB | Raziek: I'm ****ing losing my mind from excitement
[11:20:48 AM] DRB | Raziek: THIS IS WHY YOU TAKE RISKS BOYS
[11:20:57 AM] DRB | Raziek: CARPE MOTHER****ING DIEM
[11:21:26 AM] Gova: alright lets not get too far off the earth
[11:21:50 AM] Gova: when do you plan on asking her out
[11:22:17 AM] DRB | Raziek: Probably the next time that I talk to her
[11:22:21 AM] DRB | Raziek: I've already been very direct
[11:22:39 AM] DRB | Raziek: Given that very early on in the conversation I outright said "I want to get to know you better."
[11:22:55 AM] DRB | Raziek: Unclear intentions is never a problem with me
[11:23:30 AM] Gova: whens the next time you see her?
[11:23:32 AM] Gova: tomorrow?
[11:23:37 AM] Gova: er
[11:23:42 AM] Gova: i mean unless you're doing it over fb
[11:23:58 AM] DRB | Raziek: Don't know yet. I'll ask her on Facebook when she's free, figure it out from there
[11:24:40 AM] Moth: you go raz!
[11:24:47 AM] DRB | Raziek: Thank you Moth :D
[11:25:05 AM] Moth: SOMEONE in this chat needs a girlfriend
[11:25:07 AM] Gova: i hope ryker says you aren't man enough for her until you beat luniatic
[11:25:10 AM] Gova: (smirk)
[11:25:20 AM] DRB | Raziek: BAHAHA
[11:25:38 AM] DRB | Raziek: That would be flawless, but you've already inb4'd his joke, lmao
[11:25:47 AM] Gova: yeah that was the whole point
[11:25:49 AM] Gova: because
[11:25:49 AM] Gova: you know
[11:25:54 AM] Gova: i lack tact apparently
[11:26:00 AM] Gova: i would have said it myself
[11:26:18 AM] Gova: but as you said earlier you dont really talk to me much so i dont plan on crossing any lines
[11:26:19 AM] Gova: lol
[11:27:00 AM] DRB | Raziek: Don't worry about it, haha
[11:27:09 AM | Edited 11:27:11 AM] DRB | Raziek: I appreciate you listening to my euphoric ranting
[11:27:24 AM] Gova: dont worry
[11:27:34 AM] Gova: i almost feel the same way you did
[11:27:39 AM] Gova: since im about to finish
[11:27:40 AM] Gova: this essay
[11:27:55 AM] Moth: damn
[11:27:59 AM] DRB | Juushichi: good for you razzy
[11:28:00 AM] Moth: I need to step my game up
[11:28:15 AM] DRB | Juushichi: there's not really much to say on my end, lol
[11:28:41 AM] DRB | Juushichi: i've never really been someone to continue to gush over relationship topics, so i will pass on that end
[11:28:46 AM] DRB | Juushichi: but i am happy for you
[11:28:50 AM] DRB | Raziek: No worries bro. Thank you. :)
[11:29:02 AM] Gova: i dont think anyone here gushes
[11:29:06 AM] Gova: over relationships
[11:29:06 AM] DRB | Raziek: I GUSH

TL;DR:

Divine providence + Carpe Diem = WE IN THERE BABY

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I should have remembered that you're a goddamn maritimer and saved myself all the effort I put into my last post

by just saying "you're a goddamn maritimer, but all the girls out there are also goddamn maritimers. fish in a barrel."

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I'm not cool enough for Raz to tell me about ****. :(

Edit: Can't believe that's censored when I'm literally seeing the epitome of them on the ad at the top of the SWF homepage.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Yeah, sometimes an ad shows up for whatever reason near the top of the page. I don't really pay attention to it but one time it just caught my attention because there was a pretty sexuality image of a girl in lingerie and advertising some kind of dating site.

Edit: That was back when MLG owned the site.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
hey guys did you know that MLG is the ****ing devil

Man that felt good, been savin' that one up for a while. :b:

Alright, so does anyone that plays/knows a lot about FTL have any suggestions for tactics that will make the game maximally fun for me? And also how to disperse my crewbros and stuff, I guess.

I just wanna do crazy captain kirk bull****, bring their shields down just enough to set their engine room on fire, lots and lots of boarding my enemies (how do you get your dudeguys battleready? can you get more of em?) etc

also is it possible to REALLY captain kirk it and have my captain character guy board the enemy too as bad an idea as that is, and also is there a way I can do that without it being suicidally terrible

and so on. homiebros like ryker probably know me best to answer this but I welcome all to do so. think with muscles, spice with a little WWBD? (what would batman do) and you're on the right track

Killstic

Smash Rookie
Raziek said:
[11:20:21 AM] DRB | Raziek: Anyway, that's the beam of ****ing sunlight brightening my morning after that midterm failure
I hope that everyone else failed the midterm or you didn't do as bad as expected. Also there's the rest of the semester still in play and also finals and you're a pretty intelligent guy so I know that you can definitely pull up your grades regardless of what you get, as long as you didn't tank it hard.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I hope that everyone else failed the midterm or you didn't do as bad as expected. Also there's the rest of the semester still in play and also finals and you're a pretty intelligent guy so I know that you can definitely pull up your grades regardless of what you get, as long as you didn't tank it hard.
30% of the class failed it, prof said average was lower than he expected.

I'll be fine, I just gravely underestimated the effort involved for the course, tried to cram and failed as a result.

Killstic

Smash Rookie
30% of the class failed it, prof said average was lower than he expected. I'll be fine, I just gravely underestimated the effort involved for the course, tried to cram and failed as a result.
Oh that's easy, I just have to make the other 70% "disappear." ;)

Top Bottom