• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Is better than LoL because it was smart and took aspects of DotA that were actually competitively justified which LoL dropped to appeal to a more casual audience.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
the community of the game determines how good it is

Turazrok

Smash Master
Location used to be ***** I look like mew2king when mikehaze once asked my where I got a picture of mew2king. It was just a pic of me :C

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Is better than LoL because it was smart and took aspects of DotA that were actually competitively justified which LoL dropped to appeal to a more casual audience.
Streamlined=/=worse.

Brief league comment: any AP mid should get that seeker's arm-guard in nearly every game and definitely should rush it every time they see an ad mid.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Dota2 is a better competitive game but this is the dgames thread so I'm not gonna elaborate.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Streamlined, simplified, whatever. Dota2 fans can continue to believe it's the superior game. I just disagree with the notion that a more challenging game is automatically better than a less challenging one.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You're delusional if you think that LoL, a new game, is better overall than a game like DotA(2) that's been actively developed for decades. It's not just the challenging, it's the endless balancing and introduction of new characters and rebalancing of those. Items, strategies, glitches. Everything contributes to DotA's superiority.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Longevity is also not an indicator to superiority. You can only refine a diamond so much. Sure, Dota's been around for over a decade. All of that tenure means absolutely nothing when one of its direct competitors has become so much bigger than it in less than 5 years.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Duke Nukem Forever was actively developed for a decade and that was an amazing game too!

:gova:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i haven't played either but both sides of the argument doesn't make either seem better

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
gorf. something about the :gova: smiley goes so well with that avatar

@tom ill be your friend

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Duke Nukem Forever was actively developed for a decade and that was an amazing game too!

:gova:
Got me :(

Longevity is also not an indicator to superiority. You can only refine a diamond so much. Sure, Dota's been around for over a decade. All of that tenure means absolutely nothing when one of its direct competitors has become so much bigger than it in less than 5 years.
hurdur what part of "appeal to a casual audience" is hard to understand?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i haven't played either but both sides of the argument doesn't make either seem better
I like League more but the variation between them is little and you can probably enjoy one or the other more based on taste. More people like League but this doesn't make Dota bad. I just dislike how Dota fans turn into elitist *******s about it. It's like watching *****y 360 fanboys try to bash Ninty fanboys. It's dumb. :v

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
instead of arguing about which game is better, why dont you just both shut up

"the way i spend my free time is better than the way you spend your free time"

i blame handorin and xonar equally for this ****ty conversation

gorf. something about the :gova: smiley goes so well with that avatar

@tom ill be your friend
yessssss

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Every time I hear about people playing HON or LOL, all I can make out is that there are people pushing through some lanes. Apparently someone is trying to stop them or else it'll be end game. When I try to picture it nothing can come to mind, except for a Black Friday shopping spree where everyone's pushing through with shopping carts for items at half price.

Top Bottom