• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Know those cruddy hotels with the wall beds ?
I've slept there.

Other notables include:

2 Adirondack chairs (to big for just one)
3rd row of a van
Sunroom (in winter)
Closet (with a bed in it)
Floor of a hotel room
In the hallway at school

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Floors and hallways aren't too bad. We've all been there. Chairs too, I guess. Car without a doubt.

Under a car in the winter sounds pretty bad, as someone who's slept outside in the winter. A sleeping bag would be god tier in that situation.
That feel when you have no keys and parents went to bed already.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Yeah sunroom was the worst (cement flooring in winter).

Also i'm pretty sure everyone ever has at some point slept in a chair / car

Rykers takes the cake though so far, sounds like a absolutely ***** time

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Floors and hallways aren't too bad. We've all been there. Chairs too, I guess. Car without a doubt.

Under a car in the winter sounds pretty bad, as someone who's slept outside in the winter. A sleeping bag would be god tier in that situation.
That feel when you have no keys and parents went to bed already.
Under the car was more god tier than the sleeping bag. Keeps the rain out.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
We went to a tournament, but the place that was going to be housing turned out to be a crime scene. Nowhere else to go and none of us wanted to pay for a hotel room. Four people in my little Honda Civic, I said "**** it. All your jackets belong to me." Three in the car, me on the ground with two windbreakers (only one of my ****** friends and myself brought a jacket) and a sleeping bag.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So, I've been sleeping in a pretty ghetto bed for a few days. Made me wonder, what are some of the worst places you've slept?

Number one for me takes 2 10euro garden chairs, outside, in mid winter. Woke up due to cold regularly and had to do some exercises to get warm again. Bah.

Number two was at a tournament where we were sleeping in this small *** room. I forgot my pillow and couldn't bother blowing up my sleeping mat, so I was practically lying on the floor, my head resting on dirt covered pants and a wet T-shirt that I used earlier to dry myself after a shower. Slept like a rose, though.
Bare ground numerous times (mostly camping related though so by choice)

Lots of chairs and floorspace.

Closes as covers a lot lol.

I can sleep anywhere so i usually volunteer to sleep in the most uncomfortable places.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
We went to a tournament, but the place that was going to be housing turned out to be a crime scene. Nowhere else to go and none of us wanted to pay for a hotel room. Four people in my little Honda Civic, I said "**** it. All your jackets belong to me." Three in the car, me on the ground with two windbreakers (only one of my ****** friends and myself brought a jacket) and a sleeping bag.

I would've cuddled with you down there.

Uhh! Because... uh...
I-I'm just trying to be efficient! Sharing our b-b-b-body heat...

URGH!
BAKA!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I would've cuddled with you down there.

Uhh! Because... uh...
I-I'm just trying to be efficient! Sharing our b-b-b-body heat...

URGH!
BAKA!
lmao

floors, two chairs facing each other, ground (camping), couches, nothing really bad...

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I slept sideways on a wooden rocker chair once. The kind where rock hard wicker weave is the soft part and the rest is just old as d***s wood (no pun intended) that gives you splinters and hurts. Not sure how i even made that work in hindsight because my torso didn't even fit... but yeah

another time I just literally slept in a chair with my head tilted back, which was actually slightly better than sleeping on a couch in a similar way (except there was nothing behind my head but a gap... and then stucco) with some random chick awkwardly draped over me

the worst sleep though was probably just passing out in a hillside next to a highway in a the midst of a chilly canadian autumn, however I was too drunk to realize what a bad sleep it was and also I guess it could've been a lot worse since I didn't get mugged or stabbed or something

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
70+ episodes is daunting but i havent met anyone regretted powering through it
man y'all got no attention spans if 70 22 min eps is daunting. That's like 30someodd full hour TV episodes, which is barely more than a season of 24.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I feel compelled to tell everyone that Homestuck has updated. I forgot about it since it hadn't updated in 3 weeks.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm driving for an hour and a half, then I'm declaring Marathon Mafia Three Day Weekend and opening a central thread.

Get hype.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
So, I've been sleeping in a pretty ghetto bed for a few days. Made me wonder, what are some of the worst places you've slept?

Number one for me takes 2 10euro garden chairs, outside, in mid winter. Woke up due to cold regularly and had to do some exercises to get warm again. Bah.

Number two was at a tournament where we were sleeping in this small *** room. I forgot my pillow and couldn't bother blowing up my sleeping mat, so I was practically lying on the floor, my head resting on dirt covered pants and a wet T-shirt that I used earlier to dry myself after a shower. Slept like a rose, though.
1. On a wooden floor under a table with nothing but a backpack as a pillow.

2. In an appartment with about 10 other dudes, where we had only two rooms availible for us to sleep in. I was crammed into a small room with 3 other guys, in the courner of the room in front of the bed of the owner of the apartment. I didn't have a blanket, or any cushions to lay on. I only had one pillow. I was forced to crul in my arms and legs for warmth.

3. On my backporch with one straw couch and one straw chair (with cousins) put together to make a "bed." One pillow. No blanket, but I was wearing a jacket (it was winter). Surprisingly slept pretty well.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
1. At Genesis, Slept on the floor next to an air conditioner without anything to keep me warm.

2. Camping trip, the tent was rained on so hard that everything inside the tent was soaked. Had to sleep drenched.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
EE tell us the story of the night on the chair underneath that girl.

:phone:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ryker's story is ********. WTF at sleeping under a car...unparalleled whackness.

Worst sleep I've ever had...definitely when I had third degree sunburns on both my knees. Seriously the most excruciating pain I've ever been in for an extended period of time. I was with a caravan traveling north to Canada when I got said sunburns, so we were sleeping in several random locations, one of which was a trucker stop. I slept, with my sunburns, in a sleeping bag, outdoors (not in a tent), in cold/damp conditions. Half the caravan caught a cold because of that location.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Ryker's story is ********. WTF at sleeping under a car...unparalleled whackness.
tell me I'm not the only one that read this and thought "hey macman changed his text color to blue"

@marshy: well, ****. I have officially been owned.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
oh god I was thinking of sleeping conditions, not my own conditions affecting the sleep. Bardull I know your pain

when I was in Spain I went to the beach in the middle of summer with no sunscreen (why why WHY WHYYYY). My legs turned into a bubbling mess, as though someone had poured lava over them and then water immediately afterward. I seriously thought they would never heal. They didn't look like skin anymore. Just... red bubbling pustules of flesh

also no A/C at the hotel, humidity falling on you like a wall all night. couldn't get comfortable because even lying still was excruciating

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Worst sleep I've ever had...definitely when I had third degree sunburns on both my knees. Seriously the most excruciating pain I've ever been in for an extended period of time. I was with a caravan traveling north to Canada when I got said sunburns, so we were sleeping in several random locations, one of which was a trucker stop. I slept, with my sunburns, in a sleeping bag, outdoors (not in a tent), in cold/damp conditions. Half the caravan caught a cold because of that location.
This seriously sounds like a trip through the Oregon Trail, where half your party dies from dysentery and all of your oxen drown when you try to cross the river.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
SPF 3000 damn what's so hard about putting on sunscreen. It's basically lotion unless you're using that crappy spray on sun block which is really just like crisco ir something, I swear

:phone:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I've slept in two odd places for tournament housing. A hotel bathtub with a blanket (this was actually godlike, it's like being surrounded on all sides by firm blanket. 10/10) was one. The other was a DDR machine. That was seriously one of the worst things I've ever done, but the tournament venue was an arcade and that's where I happened to have to sleep. And it was on all night. Literally slept on a strobe light rave music machine, to put it simply. (1/10, never do this).

I'm interested in this under the car strategy.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
oh god I was thinking of sleeping conditions, not my own conditions affecting the sleep. Bardull I know your pain

when I was in Spain I went to the beach in the middle of summer with no sunscreen (why why WHY WHYYYY). My legs turned into a bubbling mess, as though someone had poured lava over them and then water immediately afterward. I seriously thought they would never heal. They didn't look like skin anymore. Just... red bubbling pustules of flesh

also no A/C at the hotel, humidity falling on you like a wall all night. couldn't get comfortable because even lying still was excruciating
Yeah, I was just thinking "worst sleep in general," so internal forces came to mind.

Lol, a friend of mine fell asleep on a beach in France with his back turned towards the sun. 4 hours later he woke up and...yeah it's too graphic for me to illustrate, but it's probably the worst sunburn I've ever had the opportunity to witness, even worse than the sunburns on my knees.

This seriously sounds like a trip through the Oregon Trail, where half your party dies from dysentery and all of your oxen drown when you try to cross the river.
Incidentally, it was at a trucker stop very close to Portland, Oregon. Lol.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Worst for me was a school camping trip when I was 13 where they didn't even give us PROPER TENTS, all we had was like a frame, a plastic tarp and some pegs. We set up camp on a slight hill because of a lack of flat ground, and then it unexpectedly down poured during the night and all the run off flowed through our "tents" and soaked everything. Thank god it was summer so the minimum temp was at least 20 degrees C at night, but since everything was wet it was freezing.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
One time I wound up at some religious lock-in at a local arcade thing (like chuck e cheese on steroids)

Eventually I got tired of their shenanigans so i snuck into the big *** play thing and set up camp in one of the ballin rooms they had. It had this nice padding on the ground, nice and dark, quiet, and just nice.

Until other people started showing up and I had to grumpy-old-man them out of my domain. Its like they didn't even check to see if I had marked the area with urine first.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
1. At Genesis, Slept on the floor next to an air conditioner without anything to keep me warm.
I did this one once. Was at a tournament in NY and I crashed at the hotel room of some friends from Cali. They kept the room SO #%^&ING COLD, I actually ended up going downstairs and sleeping on the couch in the hotel lobby. Suprisingly enough, the hotel staff never said **** to me, and it was a nice hotel too.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The other was a DDR machine. That was seriously one of the worst things I've ever done, but the tournament venue was an arcade and that's where I happened to have to sleep. And it was on all night. Literally slept on a strobe light rave music machine, to put it simply. (1/10, never do this).
This made me laugh so hard at 11am. Hoooly **** haha.

and this
There's no way that you'd resemble to him, lol. I haven't seen much of what he does, but I've seen enough to clarify my statement.
I SURE HOPE NOT. I got 2 perma points and a ban getting at him/her. Haha.

On another note, I have my Wednesdays off. Huzzah!

Top Bottom