• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
gonna be out Sunday. I remember I used to tell you guys when I'm not gonna be here. Hahaha, what a time.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Happy moment. I finally got a new charger for my 3ds and added a few games to my "must get, pre-order thing"

1. Resident Evil 6
2. 999 sequel
3. Luigi's Mansion 2
4. Paper Mario 3DS

and then me and my brother will get Black/White 2 hopefully.

However, I need more monies...T_T

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Explain yourself.
Huge Resident Evil Fan. The gameplay looks phenomenal. I love all the characters that they are bringing back for the installment. And it's Resident Evil. ;P I have like all the games pretty much 'cept for a short few but yeah.

I cannot wait for Leon/Chris/Sherry/Ada and the 3 new characters.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
[collapse="Don't read this if you want your feelings hurt"]
You're opinion is ****[/collapse]

[collapse="Read this if you want an actual response"]
I disagree. I don't like the action-orientation style that they've been going for recently, everything just seems over the top. I'm reminded of a first trailer they showed and it just doesn't seem the same. I really liked what RE4 was going for but it still had it's moments and it's time, here I feel like they're just trying to build off the success of RE4. One thing I'm really hoping for is still the aspect of horror, a lot people say that Resident Evil is survival-horror but it's never been that way, not even on the first PSX games. Overall it just doesn't look appealing to me.[/collapse]

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
If you can move and shoot simultaneously in RE6 I would consider it a success. I mean seriously it's counter-intuitive and not fun to not be able to move and shoot at the same time

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
[collapse="Don't read this if you want your feelings hurt"]
You're opinion is ****[/collapse]

[collapse="Read this if you want an actual response"]
I disagree. I don't like the action-orientation style that they've been going for recently, everything just seems over the top. I'm reminded of a first trailer they showed and it just doesn't seem the same. I really liked what RE4 was going for but it still had it's moments and it's time, here I feel like they're just trying to build off the success of RE4. One thing I'm really hoping for is still the aspect of horror, a lot people say that Resident Evil is survival-horror but it's never been that way, not even on the first PSX games. Overall it just doesn't look appealing to me.[/collapse]
Frankly, RE 4 was a good action game and the previous installments were never actually good survival horror games.

Better a good action game over a bad survival horror, especially since you really can't make a long-running horror series because you lose the mystery which is core to the feeling of helplessness.

Well it would, if people were actually trying to make survival horrors these days (and no, dead space is as much an action series as RE is now). Indy games are the only actual survival horror games these days.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I disagree. I don't like the action-orientation style that they've been going for recently
+rep

Old Resident Evil felt like I was playing as an actual person in a nightmarish situation and once you got the hang of the controls (a steep curve, sure, but hey, I beat Glover AND Superman 64, man I'm unstoppable) they were perfect for portrayal the helplessness of a regular person going up against hordes of bloodcrazed zombies and monsters

Then you get RE4 onward which, sure, great controls but they're almost hilarious with their over the topness and blatant action action action mentality. Sure the old REs (esp the first one) had some laughable voice acting and ****, but you need only look to the REmake if you wanna see the good things about old RE + the higher bar set for modern games in production values.

and for ****'s sakes, Chris vs the boulder was literally the stupidest god damn thing I've ever seen

It was not literally the stupidest thing I've ever seen, nothing from a video game would hit my top 5 honestly, but it was ****in' UP there mannnn

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Indy games are the only actual survival horror games these days.
Yes and no. You get gems like Penumbra, but would you consider Monolith an indy developer, because I wouldn't. Not that I'm saying FEAR is great, haven't even played it, but Condemned: Criminal Origins is a masterpiece of horror irrespective of medium. Granted it didn't have the survival horror thing where you have to scrounge for supplies and whatever, but that's because you were a normal guy in a normal city full of enraged hobos and drug addicts, meaning all you had to scrounge for was bullets and/or suitable bludgeoning instruments.

then of course Condemned 2 comes in and, once again, something so B-horror it's an insult to B-horror and pandering to action fans and terrible dialogue and terrible overexplainy storytelling and blatant ripping off of other franchises that doesn't fit the vibe of the game at all and gimmickery and oh god that ****ing game man it makes me angry

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Happy moment. I finally got a new charger for my 3ds and added a few games to my "must get, pre-order thing"

1. Resident Evil 6
2. 999 sequel
3. Luigi's Mansion 2
4. Paper Mario 3DS

and then me and my brother will get Black/White 2 hopefully.

However, I need more monies...T_T
Luigi's mansion isn't out until next year, so we still have time to save up xD.

Fire emblem is coming out in a while, and most reviews are really good.

I still haven't started KI uprising, and I bought it when it was released.

:phone:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The newer games are very well done for one play-through.

Black/White was really good.

Black2/White2 is probably going to be better based on what I've heard and seen.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Audinos are literally like 1 level per fight.

Seriously, it's not that difficult. Plus, there are times where you can fight with a partner in locations and they heal you after every battle. Half EXP but best grinding. No PC trips needed. Plus you can find nurses/doctors in certain spots of big caves. Those help as well. Plus you can fight evo's in late-game which help with grinding. You also have that chance of finding shinies ;).

Plus plus they literally GIVE you lucky eggs for free in the plot line!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I might try.

:phone:

Was talking about Pokemon.

There's a mafia custom game type in SC2

Top Bottom