• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Why not? Kuz, Swiss, and Ryker are three of our absolute best and will play the game well. I'm sure if you put them up to the additional stakes of "THIS IS REPRESENTING DGAMES," they won't overdo it.

oh gog ghostbusters

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Problems with doing this is that like first off most of our best players generally have activity problems and stuff. And second off our opinions on our best players vary so far and wide. (just for example, I've heard people put me up there but then other people put me elsewhere). Third off I have no confidence in you all whatsoever.

Oh whuzzat you want me to help make a set-up? Weeeelll

oh yeah and how would you prevent all the dgamers from ganging up on them and stuff.

Because the people we send would be playing to win.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
J
Kuz
July
Swiss
Vanderzant
Marshy
FF (When's he active)
Ryker
EE (fat chance, this kid doesn't play mafia :smirk:)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Why not? Kuz, Swiss, and Ryker are three of our absolute best and will play the game well. I'm sure if you put them up to the additional stakes of "THIS IS REPRESENTING DGAMES," they won't overdo it.

oh gog ghostbusters
Because all of them have activity issues from time to time :v

Would like:

Ryker
Marshy
Vandy
Kuz
------
Any of these:

Swordy
Washed
J
Xonar
Swiss if he promises activity
I personally vouch Zen but :v

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Ideal team

Swiss
Kuzi
J
EE
Vanderzant
Katefi
Marshy
Would Kata be here for this?

Are we opposed to hydras as well? It'd help with some of the activity issues to be sure.

And I mean, a couple of these players specifically enforce one-game-only rules. Unless you wanna wait for Swiss to get out of Tekken, you probably won't get him.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
9 players with my list would be so swell.

Hydras I can ask about. I'd personally rather not, though.

Kat and EE don't exist anymore :scared:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Mhm, that's what I was thinking. I'mma need a number count though before I really get into the nitty gritty balancing details, but I'm going to keep the *******ized details low.

Also

as much as it pains me to say this

and there's seriously a whole lot of pain going in my heart right now

okay, no plants.

Also why? I liked the jan way more than the roleblocker, it added intrigue. :v Pulp fiction was one of my favorite set-ups though.

I'd have to go scouring, Adumb. It's been a year or so since I've played a game with you.
I'd love to see it then, but I have to ask, have you read my exceptional scumgames? LOTRs? Britches and Hoes? Majora's Mask? SE mafia 1 on MS?

Like, I think you underestimate my scumgame more then you consider my towngame stronger.

Also, for consideration:

Kuz
Swiss
Vanderzant/chuckie
Kata/chuckie (seriously, chuckie is godlike guys)
Marshy
FF
Ryker
EE
Macman
Kevinbro

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Adumbro your scum game in megamanx Mafia was really good

:phone:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Nah, I haven't. I tend not to read games I'm not in or not hosting simply through a lack of time or better places to put my effort. If you say it's stronger, it's stronger, it's not that big of a deal to me. :v

X1-12

Smash Champion
I support J because he's both really good and plays very differently to most DGamers

I think Sword is a good choice too, he's consistently a solid player from what I've seen, don't really know what his scum game is like though

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Would Kata be here for this?

Are we opposed to hydras as well? It'd help with some of the activity issues to be sure.

And I mean, a couple of these players specifically enforce one-game-only rules. Unless you wanna wait for Swiss to get out of Tekken, you probably won't get him.
It was purely an "ideal team." A "realistic" team would probably look more like:

Kuzi
J
Marshy
July
Vandeerzant
Adumb
Someone else

Maybes would be:

Swiss
Ryker
FF

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Adumbro your scum game in megamanx Mafia was really good

Actually that was the perfect example of the clash of personalities which is why our town game is weaker then MS'.

So thanks for mentioning it.

Nah, I haven't. I tend not to read games I'm not in or not hosting simply through a lack of time or better places to put my effort. If you say it's stronger, it's stronger, it's not that big of a deal to me. :v
Well, the thing is, I sort of have acquired a rep for being an absolute top level scum player, I'm sort of surprised you don't know.

I believe you're referring to RE mafia? I played well, but it's not comparable to my scumplay.

#HBC | Dancer

Lets just say that you'll just have to hope that I don't get scum X1. xP

<3 the people supporting me. However, there are definitely some better picks than me that should be considered first. Until then, keep me as a bench warmer.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'd probably run a group of like

Circus
Ryker
Kuz if he'll be active
J
Marshy
Vanz
Swords/Nabe

seriously no circus love? and nabe is just as underrated as swords

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
As for the poll, we could run two polls. One poll where people can vote for X number of players, and one poll where everyone has 1 "downvote", to pick the controversial people out of there and look at them further.

Thoughts?

List of people to choose from in the poll:

Kuz
Swiss
Ryker
Marshy
Vanderzant
J
July
Circus
Sworddancer
WashedLaundry
Nabe
Xonar
Adumb
FrozenFlame
Zen

Did I miss anyone?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Man how did I forget Nabe

also I think we should just ask people and cut out the ones who won't be able to play it before we poll

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Entire convo

I was wondering if you could add me on skype [imabikebikebike], aim [ramsesjelsma] or msn [ramses@tigerdrive.com]. I have some matters to discuss.

Thank you kindly, good sir!
What matters?
An arranged mafia game. I'd rather talk about this over an instant messaging program. If that is too much of a hassle, I'll elaborate in my next message.
Elaborate here if you can.
No problem.

To introduce us, I speak for the Decisive Games section of Smashboards, where we play multiple forum games, including mafia.
Now, seeing as this is the "main" mafia site, the subject of your skill level is brought up every so often, the discussions itself often comparing "your" level to "ours", the atmosphere, playerbase, closeness of the community et cetera.

The proposal we have is a mafia game. We are concerned about just coming over, seeing as, and excuse me if this is offensive, we feel like your average player isn't that great. Your top however, is a different story entirely.

The idea here is that there is a mafia game hosted on either site, with players sent from both sides. Representative players. Say we had a game of 13, that would be 6 one side, 7 other. 18 would be 9 one side, 9 other. Et cetera.
We'd love to have a good, friendly match with you guys and see if both sides could learn from each other and have fun in general, because I definitely think that both sides possess certain qualities that the other side doesn't.

The reason I'm doing it this way is because I know signups and the like is very streamlined here, and just hopping the queue would not give us the game we would prefer.
Definitely not a bad idea. Ill talk with the admins about the right way to progress without stomping on too many toes.

I know ideas like this have been proposed in the past and turned into a hullaballo so ill get a general feel.

Out of curiousities sake, what prompted you to message me?
I took you and Mith out at random, haha.

We are completely serious about this. No raiding is going to happen whatsoever, and all of our members are pretty psyched at the prospect!

We would not mind hosting the game on this site.

So, things we need to figure out is:
Will this actually happen?
On which of the two sites? (we don't mind either way)
Would you guys be okay with us hosting/modding the game?
What would the size of the game be? Obviously, this would preferably be an even number.
Do you guys mind if we roll with a no-hydra rule?

The size depends on how many top players you guys can send. We can match up any amount, so don't sweat that.
The owner and a moderator. Good guesses!

This is not official by any means but my gut is:

It could definitely happen - more as a friendly hello than a who is better match.
Chances are it would be on here. Moderation from your side may require a bit of wrenching but at minimum a setup from there (reviewed by someone here) could definitely be done.
Size is flexible. No hydras is absolutely fine.
We agree. A who is better match is definitely not what we are looking for, we would rather establish a friendly relationship and see what you guys have to offer.

We do not "demand" moderation from our side, but we think it would be fun, and if possible, we'd love to have the honor to mod it on your site.

I'd love to hear an answer to the size, as that is a main point when creating a set up, and it depends entirely on how many players you guys can deliver.
About reviewing, we review our own set ups heavily pre-hosting, so we wouldn't mind looking at it with someone from over here.

Good prospect! Keep me updated!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
For the record, it's probably not going to be Pulp Fiction mafia. It definitely will be something more traditional but I don't want to say it'll be this set-up or that set-up as it'll give an advantage to anyone who knows the set-up or looks it up.

Unless the game is intentional an open or a semi-open. If that's the case, I know exactly what I'm hosting.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey can I get tips/critique to be a solid/better player. :D

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Closed, easier to throw in curveballs. If that's not an option, open. I know a few good opens I can run.

For the record, the game should have an even-numbered roster if possible, so one side doesn't feel outnumbered by the other.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't think most of our player base matches up to anyone over the average curve of Ms. Also babyjesus is my favorite mafiascummer of all time he's scary good

If this went down I would be interested though

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
16-man seems optimal from a numbers perspective, to be honest. It's not overly large (like an 18-man) and we're pulling from two separate playerbases so activity shouldn't be a large problem. 14-man is weird to balance than 16-man and I don't want an odd number unless they really mandate it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'd probably run a group of like

Circus
Ryker
Kuz if he'll be active
J
Marshy
Vanz
Swords/Nabe

seriously no circus love? and nabe is just as underrated as swords
Washed, you beautiful, tropical fish.

It's alright. Rejection from society is what created the X-Men. I'm not interested in joining you guys on this anyway. 'Preciate the bone though.

@Whoever does this: have fun storming the castle!

#HBC | Dancer

"Um sorry duder but your play this game is just so bleck so need to be lynched now!"

*Phoenix Weight GIF*

EM would be mind****ed.

Top Bottom