• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Basically what happened -

- EpicMafia forum goons were talking about how superior they are to MafiaScum and how forum mafia is inherently terrible because it's too 'slow-paced.
- EpicMafia forum goons decide to raid MafiaScum and troll one of their games, some actually played legitimately but once someone got word they were from EpicMafia they continued to Policy Lynch on a player, the other goons had a hissyfit and **** went downhill.
- One forum goon was Modkilled, and game was then shutdown.

The End.

Swiss

Smash Lord
A site of sites do, and take it seriously to greater or lesser degrees.

The paradox forums has a werewolf club for example and I remember running into a ton of others that I can't remember

We're the only good community I've found though.

Actually I said you're possibly the best scum player. :grin:

Also, duo queueing with me will make you feel less empty.

Seriously, up for playing normals on a regular basis? I definitely could use the practice and premades allow me to get my precious top lane.
I am up for this. > Also free now.

yo swiss did you have to remove some of your ribs to suck your own **** so much or are you just really flexible and determined
I did once try to do this, my lips touched the tip but I hurt myself. /whyisthistrue

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I have an account and regularly play league with a fair number of mafiascum people. I also occasionally still play there (like here lol).

What kind of game or games we looking for? normals? OS games? True b***ard mafia? Something midway between normals and OS style?

The thing is, the rules don't allow for true privates except for invitationals, but I'm sure we could figure out a way to make it work from pre-ins, or maybe just arrange an exception.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I have an account and regularly play league with a fair number of mafiascum people. I also occasionally still play there (like here lol).

What kind of game or games we looking for? normals? OS games? True b***ard mafia? Something midway between normals and OS style?

The thing is, the rules don't allow for true privates except for invitationals, but I'm sure we could figure out a way to make it work from pre-ins, or maybe just arrange an exception.

Or, you know, host it here.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I didn't realize this was going to be some super special draft, all I did was show interest in playing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No Soup, you won't be on our team. Way too transparent in your play :v
Question. how does transparency = skill overall? I would only see it as a downside if scum. (keep in mind I say overall)

:phone:

Swiss

Smash Lord
13 players, then 6 or 7. 18, then 9.
Why I.....

Also what is our goal, to 'raid' them, or open them up to a new style of playing? I would not participate in a trolling raid.

If the latter I think Soup possesses the intelligence required. I don't think we should take an 'elitest' group over.

EE, not my proudest moment!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why I.....

Also what is our goal, to 'raid' them, or open them up to a new style of playing? I would not participate in a trolling raid.

If the latter I think Soup possesses the intelligence required. I don't think we should take an 'elitest' group over.

EE, not my proudest moment!
An arranged game, likely taking place here rather than there.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
An arranged game, our top level playing with their top level.

We wouldn't strictly be against them because the factions would be distributed as per normal. I think we should draft it though.

The only issue with them coming to us though is, they are the larger site. Given their larger playerbase and influence expecting them to come to this offshoot site might not be practical.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think we have mixed ideas here, I don't think anyone said that, adum. Doubtful they would agree to that, I think a binded community is a more strong one, you can put out the best you got but what makes the community special is everyone being able to work together.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Given the logisitics issue of hosting the game, they'll come if they're interested. If they're not, then we aren't playing anyway.

#HBC | ѕoup

What other mafia communities lack is synergy and understanding of each other, EpicMafia can't get their **** together because everyone is too focused on themselves, nobody wants to work together and people expect you to win the game for them. This is the wrong mindset, Mafia is a team game and with my time at DGames i've learned that, because everyone plays together as a team and I haven't seen many games that go wrong because of it. If we're going to offer what DGames does best, we need to focus on this aspect, because it's our strongest one, imo.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
My opinion is obviously the only one that matters!

But seriously if we want to display how we're a worthwhile offshoot of the forum mafia community, so it's in our best interest to put their best foot forward.

Given the logisitics issue of hosting the game, they'll come if they're interested. If they're not, then we aren't playing anyway.
Given it's our proposal and we wanna display we're a strong playerbase, i think it's in our best interest to be as accommodating as possible if we wanna do this.

What other mafia communities lack is synergy and understanding of each other, EpicMafia can't get their **** together because everyone is too focused on themselves, nobody wants to work together and people expect you to win the game for them. This is the wrong mindset, Mafia is a team game and with my time at DGames i've learned that, because everyone plays together as a team and I haven't seen many games that go wrong because of it. If we're going to offer what DGames does best, we need to focus on this aspect, because it's our strongest one, imo.
TBH, dgames has been having an issue with domination through sheer force of personality as of late, I honestly think the mafiascum top players are better in this area which is part of the reason why their townplay is stronger.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
FTFY. Even then, you really do underrate me.
Your town play's pretty good but I'll be damned to say you've played a good scum game thus far and I've never seen you as indy. No one's underrating you, you just aren't as good in all three phases of the game. Hell, if this actually happens, even I don't expect to make it into the lineup.

#HBC | ѕoup

Your town play's pretty good but I'll be damned to say you've played a good scum game thus far and I've never seen you as indy. No one's underrating you, you just aren't as good in all three phases of the game. Hell, if this actually happens, even I don't expect to make it into the lineup.
I have never been Indy expect FFIX. Feels bad.

My scum-game is getting better, but yeah I get what you're saying.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Don't think this will happen, but it's a cool idea.

How would we decide drafts? Would they just be voted on by the community? Would a committee be formed to decide who makes it in? Who will mod and how would we decide who mods? What kind of set up?

@WL: Remember, K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple, stupid).

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
looks like it appears to be on, and it may or may not be on in a manner that is akin to Donkey Kong.

also wash remember to make sure you spend time on the nameclaims and safeclaims and stuff this time ;)

Top Bottom