• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yeh, believe me, I know the line to tread, I just tend to go over it for the sake of trying things out. Both LASPM and Gigabots had Laundry trying ****. This would be a game where Laundry would put all desires for experimentation aside and just using everything he knew to bring the game together.

@Xonar: Man, giving marshy 7 accounts would just result in him quicklynching every day until the game ended.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
ballin mad hardbody son gg mo****as

get ****ed outta hear mafiascum

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
It would be pretty interesting seeing laundry host this, as I feel as though he's got a signature modding style that makes his setups pretty recognizable.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Leave me to the hosting? I'd actually be honored to make the set-up for this.

>mfw adumb thinks he's better as scum than town
I wouldn't object, just make sure it isn't broken by nameclaiming. (edit: ninja'd by EE)

I have a lot of amazing scum performances bro, i have a fair number of good town performances, but nothing to match my top tier scum performances. You can ask anyone who played in Lotr or britches or several other games if you don't think I'm a talented scum.

Don't think this will happen, but it's a cool idea.

How would we decide drafts? Would they just be voted on by the community? Would a committee be formed to decide who makes it in? Who will mod and how would we decide who mods? What kind of set up?

@WL: Remember, K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple, stupid).
I'd think general voting would be preferable.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
We can do a poll alike to what Rockin did a while back.

For now, let's just see if this can work. Then we decide a host, et cetera. I hope you guys don't mind me being the spokesperson here :reverse:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
$5 says Laundry goes AWOL and forgets to open the thread sometime during the game. :smirk:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Name-claiming wouldn't be an issue. I was extremely limited by the Gigabots flavor because there really are about 8 or so major characters and the rest are all ****ing one-shot wonders like Dr. Park and stuff. I'd be more resourceful this time, and LASPM is actually kind of a testament to that.

And I'm just going by what I've witnessed. Your town play was stronger in those games. This isn't to say you're not a talented scum, just that I think you're a better overall townie.

//shrug

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Nah, it's the summer yo. If I go on vacation, I'll announce it. Outside of that, I'm here and am capable of running this.

I'm still entirely amazed people actually are backing me hosting this. Thanks guys, it means a lot.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
That is, if we even get to host it.

You wouldn't mind hosting your game over on MafiaScum though, right? I think I could make that work.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
yeah definitely make sure it's not particularly experimental. Something standard-ish with a few minor curveballs (not misinformation stuff, just maybe the odd unexpected role or w/e idk) feels about right. It should be a game where fundamentals matter after all.

also no matter how hard it is force yourself to not include a plant because literally everyone in DGames will be expecting it lol. Put it in your list of confirmed-not-in roles n ****

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Exchanging PMs with SpyreX and Mith.
awesome, pretty much the best case scenario in terms of people to talk to.

$5 says Laundry goes AWOL and forgets to open the thread sometime during the game. :smirk:
Comods should be a given I think.

Name-claiming wouldn't be an issue. I was extremely limited by the Gigabots flavor because there really are about 8 or so major characters and the rest are all ****ing one-shot wonders like Dr. Park and stuff. I'd be more resourceful this time, and LASPM is actually kind of a testament to that.
NP, just saying.

And I'm just going by what I've witnessed. Your town play was stronger in those games. This isn't to say you're not a talented scum, just that I think you're a better overall townie.

//shrug
I have to ask, what games have you witnessed that gave you such a high opinion of my town play?
I'm honesly wondering

John2k4

The End of an Era
also no matter how hard it is force yourself to not include a plant because literally everyone in DGames will be expecting it lol. Put it in your list of confirmed-not-in roles n ****
Oh yes, those plants.

:glare:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Adumb's scum play is pretty tricky. It's hard to catch him on anything that's actually "scummy" because of the way he sets things up.

WL you should host Pulp Fiction mafia. Just replace the janitor with a roleblocker and you'll be golden.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Also anyone who has played Arkham City can appreciate this ****

I have now thoroughly defeated the Riddler. Ingame and also all the challenges and campaigns

get at me you question marked son of a *****

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Mhm, that's what I was thinking. I'mma need a number count though before I really get into the nitty gritty balancing details, but I'm going to keep the *******ized details low.

Also

as much as it pains me to say this

and there's seriously a whole lot of pain going in my heart right now

okay, no plants.

Also why? I liked the jan way more than the roleblocker, it added intrigue. :v Pulp fiction was one of my favorite set-ups though.

I'd have to go scouring, Adumb. It's been a year or so since I've played a game with you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Mhm, that's what I was thinking. I'mma need a number count though before I really get into the nitty gritty balancing details, but I'm going to keep the *******ized details low.

Also

as much as it pains me to say this

and there's seriously a whole lot of pain going in my heart right now

okay, no plants.

Also why? I liked the jan way more than the roleblocker, it added intrigue. :v Pulp fiction was one of my favorite set-ups though.

I'd have to go scouring, Adumb. It's been a year or so since I've played a game with you.
Get Stew onboard.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Guys, I know this is a fun prospect, but we don't know if this happens let alone if we will get to host the game. If anything, talk about who to send would be more approperiate.

Then again, you don't know because real life activity etc.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Scum team was under powered in Pulp Fiction. Janitor didn't really do much for scum and roleblocker is more "traditional," which is what I feel you should be going for WL.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What other mafia communities lack is synergy and understanding of each other, EpicMafia can't get their **** together because everyone is too focused on themselves, nobody wants to work together and people expect you to win the game for them. This is the wrong mindset, Mafia is a team game and with my time at DGames i've learned that, because everyone plays together as a team and I haven't seen many games that go wrong because of it. If we're going to offer what DGames does best, we need to focus on this aspect, because it's our strongest one, imo.
Gimmie a gun, then sure.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Also anyone who has played Arkham City can appreciate this ****

I have now thoroughly defeated the Riddler. Ingame and also all the challenges and campaigns

get at me you question marked son of a *****

In my first playthrough, I hardly finished anything, as I had no idea that the game was practically over once you returned to the steel mill.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Ah, yeh, true.

Any particular flavors people want? Try not to flood me with request for x, y, or z anime, I don't know every single one of those big-eyed Japanese shows you guys love.

As for playerlist, someone should put up the topic but we need a number first, Xonar.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Ah, yeh, true.

Any particular flavors people want? Try not to flood me with request for x, y, or z anime, I don't know every single one of those big-eyed Japanese shows you guys love.

As for playerlist, someone should put up the topic but we need a number first, Xonar.
Not TWEWY? :(

I vote TWEWY.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Problems with doing this is that like first off most of our best players generally have activity problems and stuff. And second off our opinions on our best players vary so far and wide. (just for example, I've heard people put me up there but then other people put me elsewhere). Third off I have no confidence in you all whatsoever.

Oh whuzzat you want me to help make a set-up? Weeeelll

oh yeah and how would you prevent all the dgamers from ganging up on them and stuff.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
We'll just get the amount of players (X), then put up a list, then have people vote X amount of times. Like what Rockin did. Democracy, baby.

Then we have some people refine the choices. I'm not sending Kuz, Swiss and Ryker at once LOL

Top Bottom