• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hey guys I just got off work

time to eat Corned Beef and cabbage

Happy St. Patrick's Day.......... Swiss.

yes I know it was yesterday, I worked that day too

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I didn't know bardull had such a history here, have I really been away from dgames that long?

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
it's just drama. if everybody was cool like me, this 'arguing' that I skimmed wouldn't be happening, but people always feel the need to put in their two cents, which keeps adding up to infinite money

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Bardull wasn't this antagonistic when he played here for a brief period last summer. Kind of timid actually.

Then 8 months of epic mafia.

:phone:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Flowers for Algernon was a very interesting read. 9/10, interesting topic, but a very, very sad ending, so it loses a point. :[
Charlie's regression in IQ shouldn't have struck you as being too saddening. After all, the intention of the novel was to point out that possessing a high IQ does not make life any easier. Charlie never really had anyone looking out for him. This fact really didn't change from the beginning to the end of the novel. The closest thing he had to a companion was Algernon.

DH said:
If you liked the stream of conscious writing in the catcher in the rye, I would recommend William Faulkner. A phenomenal writer, if you can handle the bizarre grammar and a type of writing that is all over the place.
I remember hating As I Lay Dying.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
So is a dark house that creepy mansion at the end of the street?

Also, I loved Light in August. Make that of what you will.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Oh yeah, Xonar, Catcher in the Rye actually is the choice book of a lot of assassins.

Datwikipedia said:
The most well-known event associated with The Catcher in the Rye is arguably Mark David Chapman's shooting of John Lennon.[14] Chapman identified with the novel's narrator to the extent that he wanted to change his name to Holden Caulfield. On the night he shot Lennon, Chapman was found with a copy of the book in which he had written "This is my statement" and signed Holden's name.[15] Later, he read a passage from the novel to address the court during his sentencing.[16] Daniel Stashower speculated that Chapman had wanted Lennon's innocence to be preserved by death, inspired by Holden's wish to preserve children's innocence despite Holden's later realization that children should be left alone.[16]

After John Hinckley, Jr.'s assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan in 1981, police found The Catcher in the Rye among half a dozen other books in his hotel room.[17]

Robert John Bardo, who murdered Rebecca Schaeffer, was carrying the book when he visited Schaeffer's apartment in Hollywood on July 18, 1989.[18]

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
That makes an awful lot of sense though.

Who knows what I'll do with my life later. Might just shoot sum bitchez

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
That makes an awful lot of sense though.

Who knows what I'll do with my life later. Might just shoot sum bitchez

People thought me capable of that to some degree before (which I still don't know how to interpret)
What? No way? Those people are obviously tripping.

I've always been your best friend. Please don't forget our promise.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Charlie's regression in IQ shouldn't have struck you as being too saddening. After all, the intention of the novel was to point out that possessing a high IQ does not make life any easier. Charlie never really had anyone looking out for him. This fact really didn't change from the beginning to the end of the novel. The closest thing he had to a companion was Algernon.

I remember hating As I Lay Dying.
Oh, to be fair, I read the short story and watched the film, but I did not read the novel version, so we may have differing view points. I remember this feeling of profound sadness as I watched Gordon's IQ regress though, and I still remember that feeling to this day. Can't explain it since its been a while, but it had something to do with his love interest being unable to relate to Charlie as his intelligence progressed and also having to watch him fade back into being his original self from being someone she really admired. Also, reading the journal entries and very vividly seeing Charlie's IQ regress gave me a sad, horrible feeling in my stomach. Oh and come on, Algernon dying was just sad. :(

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Ender's Game remains the best I've read for school purposes and better than anything else I've ever read.
I meant to read those, I'll probably read those after I read slaughterhouse five. I've heard that Ender's game was really good.

Am I the only person that whenever they look at Asdioh's avatar immediately think it's Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ender's Game remains the best I've read for school purposes and better than anything else I've ever read.
Only read Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow. Books were great.
the Shadow set of books is amazing.

the sequels to Ender's Game were not as good as the Shadow ones, IMO, but both are AMAZING.

i cant wait for the movie. hopefully they do it well. Harrison Ford whoop whoop.

oh and i havent read anything in the past like 4 pages.
what image do you associate BSL with?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Thanks for the heads up on the other sequels. I did enjoy Ender's Game & Shadow a lot. My coworker mentioned that I might enjoy it as casual reading and I'm glad that I gave it a try.

I found it interesting that Bean assumed that Ender was his intellectual equal. Bean would assume that Ender was likely being witty or coy when he made off-handed comments that struck him as dumb. However if you go back and read the original novel, you don't see Ender really being as sarcastic or witty as Bean. Rather it was Bean projecting a lot of himself into Ender because he respected Ender and presumed him to be larger than life. Something I found interesting between the two books.

Top Bottom