• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I don't think I'm necessarily on a high horse, rather I have the decency to respect myself and to not tolerate others who don't respect me. By the way, shouldn't you not be trying to pick fights with others, Raziek? Doesn't look very good for a new mod and all. Gotta be a little bit more neutral than that, home slice.

Xonar, if you really want to talk about this publicly, I'll say that I'm totally justified in reacting the way I did, but if you'd rather have a second opinion, I'll share the PMs. Otherwise, I don't understand where you're trying to go with this communication.

Edit: Crap, broke my own rule. Ok, I'm gone, peaceeee.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I was talking about the video though.

Xonar, if you really want to talk about this publicly, I'll say that I'm totally justified in reacting the way I did, but if you'd rather have a second opinion, I'll share the PMs. Otherwise, I don't understand where you're trying to go with this communication.
I feel like openly will accomplish nothing. Privately is cool with me, but I honestly don't feel like investing too much time and attention into this. Contact me if you want to talk about it.

I'm not talking publicly. Once again, we're playing twister. Just read my damn posts before replying, they're made for a reason.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Bardull, you do tend to put yourself in a high horse. People not respecting you comes from some situations where you tended to big them bad vibes like spitting in EE's face or bragging how much sex you get.

At the same time, people need to cut the trolling at you.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I don't think I'm necessarily on a high horse, rather I have the decency to respect myself and to not tolerate others who don't respect me. By the way, shouldn't you not be trying to pick fights with others, Raziek? Doesn't look very good for a new mod and all. Gotta be a little bit more neutral than that, home slice.

Edit: Crap, broke my own rule. Ok, I'm gone, peaceeee.
Oh, really?

Allow me to test this theory.

You're a worthless piece of trash with less backbone than a jellyfish trying to act moral and justified online because you know your real life is a lie and you despise the slow, putrid, way it is turning out. You tell everyone you're 'OK' when they ask how you are, but secretly you hope they press you further. You want to open up to your friends, but you want to be seen as that guy who "doesn't open up" so that you're strong, independent, mysterious. You pretend to be far more confident than you are to mask the fact that deep down inside you don't even know who you are or what you really want in life.

If I were a lesser man, I would mock you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That's a little too much.
It really isn't.

Bardull is a douchebag to the community and he's not such a ******* to not toe the line which makes less decisive moderation stay their hand.

I want a community black-out assuming he doesn't change his tune.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I don't take personal discussions really well, which is exactly why I would avoid those kinds of insults.
I'm pretty sure he's doing the same, because nobody's perfect when it comes their past and current lives.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Polluted sights my eyes did fill. When through the refuse, standing proud, I spied a golden daffodil.

also

Then forge the shackles to my feet,: Then I will gladly perish there.

more cool literature in italics?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh, really?

Allow me to test this theory.

You're a worthless piece of trash with less backbone than a jellyfish trying to act moral and justified online because you know your real life is a lie and you despise the slow, putrid, way it is turning out. You tell everyone you're 'OK' when they ask how you are, but secretly you hope they press you further. You want to open up to your friends, but you want to be seen as that guy who "doesn't open up" so that you're strong, independent, mysterious. You pretend to be far more confident than you are to mask the fact that deep down inside you don't even know who you are or what you really want in life.

If I were a lesser man, I would mock you.
If I were a lesser man, I would acknowledge your comments as factual and succumb to despair.

But I am not that man. :)

Ryker, your personal distaste for me encompasses your own sense of judgment. I don't dislike you per se, but I feel that you yourself need to be examined. You've been much more of a douchebag to me than I to you, and I've never made a malicious comment about you in public that wasn't said in jest. In fact, I think you're a great player, better than me for sure, and I'll say that openly. However, something you don't understand is that not everyone will tolerate your trolling, like me for instance. I have self respect. If you troll me, I will not take kindly to you, and I will push back. That is the reality, and that is how it should be, and that's something you don't seem to understand yet because you respond to my pushing back very negatively, almost as if it's unwarranted.

Tell me, am I wrong to get annoyed that you constantly attempt to troll me in games? Am I wrong to be upset when you don't offer me respect as a player and as a person? And am I wrong to not respect you, when you yourself do not have the courtesy to respect me?

And lets be honest here; I haven't necessarily gone out of my way to try making you miserable, while you've sent me PMs on AiB with pictures of that Poke'mon and have very openly attempted to troll me. I can bring those up too if you'd like, and pretty much all your other attempts at trying to upset me.

Oh, and this isn't meant to turn into a pissing contest between alpha males, so don't turn it into one, please. ;)

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
If you like Catcher in the Rye for the whole stream of conscious type or writing, you might want to try reading Flowers for Algernon if you haven't done so already.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Bardull, you do tend to put yourself in a high horse. People not respecting you comes from some situations where you tended to big them bad vibes like spitting in EE's face or bragging how much sex you get.

At the same time, people need to cut the trolling at you.
Well, maybe at first. I never spat in EE's face on the grounds of being a complete jerk however. EE is the type of person you need to become accustomed to over a length of time. Telling someone to "change their panties" during a first impression just seems a bit douchy, but it's said in jest and not entirely meant to be demeaning coming from EE. I have respect for him now because he treated me the way he'd treat everyone else, and so I admit that I made judgments too soon.

Now, for the record, do I SEEM like I'm on a high horse right now? Jesus.

As for the sex thing though, that was entirely meant to be humorous and downright silly and wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Even if it may or may not be true. No one in their right mind spouts in the middle of a mafia game "brb, having sex with my girlfriend" unless it's a joke. Although it's kind of funny because I was being serious, but with silly intentions. Can't help that I had girls on the mind though, right? She was pretty hot. A little too clingy though.

Anywho, if I was still on a high horse, I wouldn't be talking to you guys and addressing each point. I also wouldn't say "sorry to EE" in public which, that reminds me, I wonder if Raziek saw that before he posted his high horse comment? Interesting contradiction there, to say the least.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
If you like Catcher in the Rye for the whole stream of conscious type or writing, you might want to try reading Flowers for Algernon if you haven't done so already.
I actually hate reading and Catcher in the Rye is the only book I ever read for myself.

I'll jot it down on a note and look into it sometime :3

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Flowers for Algernon was a very interesting read. 9/10, interesting topic, but a very, very sad ending, so it loses a point. :[

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Tell me, am I wrong to get annoyed that you constantly attempt to troll me in games? Am I wrong to be upset when you don't offer me respect as a player and as a person? And am I wrong to not respect you, when you yourself do not have the courtesy to respect me?
Just feeling the need to chime in.

Yes, you're wrong to get annoyed with him "trolling" you in games. Because it's not trolling for the sake of trolling, it's trolling to get a reaction out of you that he can use to play to his wincon. If he's town, he's doing it because he's either trying to read you or baiting you into slipping up. If he's scum, he's definitely doing the latter to push you into an M/L. Any player that's not a complete and total ******* will not troll pointlessly in a game.

And respect is earned, not given. You've not earned it. My first real impression of you as a player is you walking into the sign-ups thread and telling everyone how you're going to wipe the floor with them because you've been playing some weaker version of the game on a ****ty site with a bad design and flawed set-ups. You want respect, that's not the right way to go about it. Everything else after that never helped your case. So, it is your fault that you don't get respect--you never show it to anyone else and you never seem to realize that a majority of the community has no respect for you. You're fighting against the majority here and are doing a pretty poor job of it.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
If you liked the stream of conscious writing in the catcher in the rye, I would recommend William Faulkner. A phenomenal writer, if you can handle the bizarre grammar and a type of writing that is all over the place.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Bardull, for now you should drop this and still take what people say to heart.

At the same time, if you think someone is just trolling you for no reason, report it instead of facing it directly.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Just feeling the need to chime in.

Yes, you're wrong to get annoyed with him "trolling" you in games. Because it's not trolling for the sake of trolling, it's trolling to get a reaction out of you that he can use to play to his wincon. If he's town, he's doing it because he's either trying to read you or baiting you into slipping up. If he's scum, he's definitely doing the latter to push you into an M/L. Any player that's not a complete and total ******* will not troll pointlessly in a game.

And respect is earned, not given. You've not earned it. My first real impression of you as a player is you walking into the sign-ups thread and telling everyone how you're going to wipe the floor with them because you've been playing some weaker version of the game on a ****ty site with a bad design and flawed set-ups. You want respect, that's not the right way to go about it. Everything else after that never helped your case. So, it is your fault that you don't get respect--you never show it to anyone else and you never seem to realize that a majority of the community has no respect for you. You're fighting against the majority here and are doing a pretty poor job of it.
And this, this is a good point on the matter.

For now people should just drop it.

Top Bottom