• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Manraru has just moved to Pamplona Point. Between that and the fact that Bardull still hasn't talked to me about what kinda role he wants (lmfao, somebody slap that guy and tell him to AIM me already, jebus) we are getting VERY CLOSE to game fill!

What happens upon game-fill?

Simple. As errbody can see I'm doing something a little differently, with people predominantly having their "role PM" as far as character personality be a public matter, with me discussing the internal/private quirks of their character with them in private. That means that I will have nice, manageable, short bullet point style role PMs when gametime comes, instead of the essays I had to write for Batman, Condemned, and more. These new role PMs will contain merely hard facts and logistics stuff. For those of you that have already had your public profile posted and talked to me at length, don't think you're done just yet. You could well have another BIG secret coming your way depending on your role.

What's left to do?

Basically I just gotta get the landmarks up and do a rough copy of my map, which Mediocre has been lovely enough to offer to remake an actual good version of for me. I've been a busy ************ working on the mythology behind the game and have been slowly running little prologue things with those of you I was able to track down. All in all the game should be CLOSE to launchable by the time those last slots fill, if not outright ready.

That's okay with christmas right around the corner; all in all it's looking like Pamplona Point will be the biggest thing to happen to DGames in 2016 and I am very excited.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I actually WAS only slightly excited, until a few days/a week ago when I got my computer fixed, bust my buns to make up for lost time, and realized I'd crossed the "holy **** I'm mostly done the prep work" boundary

Also, Kantplay is currently talking to me! With Ran and Bardull THAT MIGHT JUST BE GAME FILL !?!?!?!

inb4 kantrip also kantplAgame

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Yea I ain't gonna be able to make a commitment like that. My line of work ain't too flashy, but when it gets busy it gets reeeeeeal busy.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Do students not really get it? Your job isn't to put in 5000x the effort if you're only going to retain 1% of all that information. Your job is to quickly master the 50 core concepts that have branching relationships to the much bigger course load that you can try to deduce by either associative memory or by logical deducing.

All these study groups and people going over the most complicated material that the professor gave no indication was necessarily high yield when the exam is one month away and there's no guarantee you can recall the 30-step process you learned unless you review the information regularly. That's such a waste and completely cram material 3-5 days before the exam. Then they proceed to eat out and waste 3 hours of time. Your job isn't to binge study and then make yourself feel good by binging on food. No one is going to applaud you for putting in the effort to study all the wrong information and then partying it up by going out to eat every night.

If you fail out of this program because you studied the wrong material you don't win a gold star. No one cares about how hard you tried. Jesus. All these students are acting so smug recalling the most recent review material when it's obviously mental bait and the first section tests I can say with confidence based on the practice material we've been given are about manipulating nuanced concepts in scenarios with incomplete information more so than mastering absolute information aside from anatomy and histology which people are NOT putting enough attention to because we haven't gotten up to the part where they expect us to memorize all minutia parts and will be baited into cramming that when that is the worst subject to attempt a massive cram.

./rant
./no one gets the bigger picture
./no one to review material with
./forever alone

Last edited:

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would love to get in on the AGame action, but damned if I've got a rather limited availability in terms of hours I'm actually around a computer these days. Seeing as I haven't seen EE actively online during said hours(pretty much ~midnight-4 or 5am cst), doubtful I could really do much gamewise ;_;

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Top 3 albums of 2015 gogogo

:059:
Top 10 cause I can't decide

1. Oneohtrix Point Never - Garden of Delete
2. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly

-- Power Gap

3. Death Grips - Jenny Death
4. Sufjan Stevens - Carrie and Lowell
5. Young Fathers - White Men are Black Men too

-- Power gap

6. Jamie xx - In Colour
7. Nicolas Jaar - Nymphs II

-- Power gap

8. Viet Cong - Viet Cong
9. Deerhunter - Fading Frontier

-- Power gap

10. Rustie - EVENIFUDONTBELIEVE

Somewhat of a good year for music

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
1. Grimes - Art Angels; I think soup might dig this one. Flesh without Blood and the title track are sick
2. Blur - The Magic Whip
3. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have no idea, I am not current with music and will check out your tops and steal them as mine if asked.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Modest Mouse - Strangers to Ourselves
Made In Heights - Without My Enemy What Would I Do
Kendrick - To Pimp a Butterfly
Tyler - Cherry Bomb

shoutouts 2
Earl Sweatshirt - IDLSIDGO
Lupe Fiasco - Tetsu and Youth
and that jamie xx album (in color?)

unfortunately havent given bjorks drop a listen yet, but i bet its way legit. same for sufjan.

Maven89

Smash Master
Pretty good. Imo had some minor issues but first impression is B+, maybe an A. Not a great movie but fun and definitely the best Star Wars since the originals.

Chewbacca marrying Han Solo was pretty weird though

Last edited:
Top Bottom