• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Going through basic training in the dead of winter where i wore the bare minimums in terms of winter gear (usually just standard uniform with maybe a silk top underneath ) got me acclimated to cold weather. Then i went to korea and it was still cold as ****. After that 50 degrees is too easy for me

Maven89

Smash Master
I live in Texas. A few years ago I found out there were things called "Summer Jackets". They're what we call winter clothes

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
dafuq is a summer jacket

edit yo if thats a summer jacket than what the **** would a winter jacket be

Last edited:

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Orbo -- you're a soldier? Respect. What field?

I'm used to arid climates myself. I'll take my dry heat over frostbitten Februaries thank you kindly

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Westworld was a pretty cool moving picture, surprised I ain't heard of it before.

Pretty excited for the tv remake now, had lotsa neat ideas they coulda played with more. It could end up like Blade Runner meets Battlestar Galactica meets The Wild Bunch

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Got my taxes in

Somehow I lost 5 thousand dollars of eligible tuition rebate? It wasn't applied onto my refund (I was given a rebate of 0.00) and yet my carry-forward about is 5K less. I'm pretty cheesed about that. Oh well.

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Can someone explain to me real quick why Donald Trump is gaining popularity for what is -- all obvious racism aside -- clearly a Fascist platform?

Maven89

Smash Master
Well I live in the South, so I guess i can make a pretty wide assumption. From my own experiences there's a lot of hatred towards Washington and "elites", and political correctness. Trump is giving voice to many American's beliefs that many wouldn't openly say, while telling them it's OK to believe this and it's just the "elites" bringing you down that makes you feel ashamed of these beliefs. He's tapping into anger at political correctness to suggest that people against his beliefs are just being suffocated by political correctness

Trump: If you don't support me it's because you have feelings, and that's faggy

And I think there's a lot of people who agree with that.

Plus, it's a simple solution when no one else really has one. No one really has an overall plan to defeat terrorists, Trump is suggesting plans. Horrible ones, but he's suggesting some and they all sound real quick and easy "obvious" solutions, like "just ban new muslims and spy on the ones that are here".

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Didn't he also say we should shut down all the mosques in America? What exactly does he think that would accomplish as far as stopping terrorism when the recent terrorist attack was a homegrown/domestic one? Yeah let's alienate the ones that already integrated and live here, great idea terrorism is over

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
like I remember I had a muslim customer at my most recent job. She was one of two customers (in a couple hundred) that tipped me. She was like the most graciously nice, quiet, softspoken person I've ever met.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
He also said that Muslims should have to use/wear a "form of special identification"...

Remind you of a certain someone from 1930-40's Germany?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I'm like 90% sure that trump was thinking "I can say whatever I want and people will still love me. Watch this"

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
god what an idiot

they already do
C'mon now, there ain't no need fer that.

I sort of feel like Trump ain't never gonna make it even close to all the way. He'll keep going as long he's willin' to pay for it, but really, how far can he get against actually legitimate candidates (no I ain't talkin' about Ben Carson either)? Especially when the speaker of the house publicly stated that they don't take kind to him.

Ultimately, I see Bernie being the only candidate that gives me legitimate faith in America's future. God knows what type of a leader Hillary could possibly be.

#HBC | Gorf

:|

whats wrong with saying that muslims wear a form of identification in a joking manner. i didnt realize acknowledging the existence of things like hijabs, those puffy robes and the towel things was too insensitive.

#HBC | Gorf

i mean yea, but its not like i said something along the lines of "yea those filthy muslims should just kill themselves along with the gays and the blacks." like man.

you gotta like not have any sort of sense of humor to be unable to tell that that was a joke.

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
It was pretty obviously a joke, and I'd be lyin' if I said I didn't laugh a little. But that ain't something you can just up n' say during times like these. Ya gotta be at least a little sensitive to other people's feelings. It ain't about being politically correct. It's about being polite and curteous to people who, ya know, may feel strongly about something like that. Normally I wouldn't mind since the joke's light-hearted but the world ain't treatin' muslims all that well.

#HBC | Gorf

i was talking about video games and intellect with my friend and i told him that "i like being mentally challenged."

just thought id share that

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
C'mon now, there ain't no need fer that.

I sort of feel like Trump ain't never gonna make it even close to all the way. He'll keep going as long he's willin' to pay for it, but really, how far can he get against actually legitimate candidates (no I ain't talkin' about Ben Carson either)? Especially when the speaker of the house publicly stated that they don't take kind to him.

Ultimately, I see Bernie being the only candidate that gives me legitimate faith in America's future. God knows what type of a leader Hillary could possibly be.
Too bad Sanders has his head so far in the clouds that he won't be able to get anything done. He will not work well with Congress at all.

That and he CANNOT run with the economic plan he's supporting.

There is no good candidate right now. I feel like my vote is best served with a Republican that isn't Trump. Bleck.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I may be a bit intoxicated due to celebration, but like 100% agreed with Ryker regardless. Bernie is such a meh candidate.

Maven89

Smash Master
I was supporting Sanders until he announced $19 trillion in spending his first term, and I realized he actually intended to turn America into a European style economy within 4 years. I am in favor of going towards that,, but to change the size of the government in our economy in such a sweeping way in 4 years is ridiculous, I thought he just wanted to start the process, not start and finish it within his first term. That would be a horrible way to do such a change, and that's ignoring the current political landscape. He could never do it. If Republican party will shut down the government for Obamacare, they will dismantle it to stop Bernie, and I would be way more sympathetic towards them. Changing the economy in such a way against so many people's wishes with just 4 years to do it just sounds like it would fail horribly. I wouldn't trust any president in history to do that.

I don't like Hillary. I don't think she's a good person, I'm not convinced she'll be a bad president, but I'm definitely not convinced she wouldn't be, and I'm heavily leaning towards her being miserable. Really hate Ted Cruz, I think the Republican I like most is John Kashich but he's not going to win. Marco Rubio is probably the best of the winnable candidates but I don't like him at all.

I think I'll just vote Joseph Stalin

Top Bottom