• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
To be fair to food spending, I spend about 60-70$ and that lasts me two weeks. But, I have IBS, so I literally no longer eat breakfast at all, and lunch is usually a sandwich or two, a couple oranges / apples and something for energy like a snickers or some cashews. Dinner I'll cook 90% of the time, because my stomach so temperamental that I HAVE to know exactly what's going into the food, in fear I eat something dangerous and poop 4 times within a hour of eating it.

Cheap meals I cook include: Pasta: Pasta's cheap as ****, lasts forever, if you want meat it gets more pricey, but you can cook extra for lunch, plus I love pasta. Literally anything I can cook for leftovers the next day are mains for me. Make giant pots of soup, stews, things of that nature.

It is expensive for food here though, when I was with my ex, a 10$ chicken breast pack from wallmart ,when I cooked Spaghetti, lasted maybe two days. In fact, before I started having issues me and her would go through most of it in one meal and the leftovers would be my lunch the next day. That means i paid 10$ for a single meal, multiply that just by 5 days is already 50$ just for the chicken. It adds up.

When I lived in my first apartment, I was clearing 2,000 a month and these were my bills all 6 months I lived there:
- 700$ rent, all in
- 135 in car insurance, 100- 120 in gas a month
- 50 $ on phone, 50$ in various subscriptions (PSN, here, WoW)
- 100- 150$ a month in food for just me, max 200$ if my girlfriend was over for more than 2 weeks total (this happened frequently as she was almost at the point of living with me part time)

With just those expenses, at the lowest i was spending 1135 just on essentials meaning I had about 865 left for emergency fund money. (It was actually closer to 700 for me, I was paying off credit cards and helping my dad out somewhat at the time).

To put that in context, when my mustangs tire blew out, I had to replace all 4 because they were 15 years old, just like the car, and they were all rusted on and in danger of blowing up. That alone cost me 1500$, when I literally had that amount saved up from working two full time jobs at the time ( I was starting a "New Mustang Fund"). When I found out the auto place i went to sold me all season tires instead of winters (it was right near winter, and I had specifically said I wanted winters on the car), I drove the car in the snow and ice for about a month with about 200 lbs of kitty litter and sand in the back and I still fishtailed, I went to see how much I could get winters for. I was quoted at 2,000$ after just spending 1500 on new tires. I traded the Mustang in on a 4x4 and I paid the guy 1700 on top to get it. I literally got a newer, safer car, for less than the cost of winter tires.

At the time, to afford winters, I would have needed to put away at least 300 a month of the 700 I had left, which basically meant I had 400$ to my name in the event of an emergency. That's not exactly a "safety net".

Hell, even now on my 4x4, I was quoted at 650$ just for winter tires, to which I puffed out my chest and told the guy I had a 4x4 and I'd take my chances.

Last edited:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Would any mod care to take a look at my set up and if it's cool ? Or just anyone really
Or do we even do that anymore ?

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Nab. Gheb doesn't explode when you poke him. It's Soup. Huehuehue.
Savage.

Sounds like they are thinking about establishing their own game or something they can monetize. If that's the case then wish them the best.

Isn't Ryker on the Project M team? Let's go kill him
Reported for encouraging homicide. Please be more conscientious of where you are when you post rhetoric like that. We don't feature shootings, murder, alcoholism, or prostitution anywhere on smashboards.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
By the way, Bard, congrats on being in the latest GR Smash video!

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Would any mod care to take a look at my set up and if it's cool ? Or just anyone really
Or do we even do that anymore ?
I will happily give feedback if that's something you still are interested in

Nab. Gheb doesn't explode when you poke him. It's Soup. Huehuehue.
I actually had a different player spring to mind but, hey. Maybe they just have sensitive ears eh.

By the way, Bard, congrats on being in the latest GR Smash video!
Thank you for linking to the specific time in the video. I was going to just ask if Bard got bodied, but now I know.

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
dude fl is the ****in BEST.

where u @? the biggest tip is just to enjoy the weather and understand that our winter... is most likely your summer.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
nice were actually p close. id say just enjoy, youre here during the "most comfortable times" (even though i think ~50-60 degree weather is awfully cold) to the not-from-florida americans. go to the beach!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
50 to 60 is edging on the point where human life is unsustainable.
I agree that 50 to 60 Celsius is edging on the point where human life is unsustainable. I also agree that 50 to 60 Kelvin is beyond on the point where human life is unsustainable. 50 to 60 Fahrenheit is just chilly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom