• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
See me at the next major you go to and we'll make it happen

But don't say you weren't warned

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I appreciate the intel and being kept appraised of any threats of mass weebstruction, but what gave you that vibe? Did he reference something?

Maven89

Smash Master
Well I got burned out and didn't realize I was until it happened. I'm hoping it's the same for others. Sometimes you just play mafia nonstop and then you hit a wall and realize you have to stop for a while. Think this is the second time this has happened to me, it'll be good by January or something

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Seeing that survivor thread made me remember all of the players we used to have in our community. Can we get players like Tandora back?

Sheez, why do people replace out so much on this site?
People put way too much emotionally into the game or don't realize that it's a game imo. When you put so much into the game and then players specifically go out of their way to make you feel worse about yourself, you kinda just realize that there are better ways to relieve stress. When you forget that it's a game and other people are actually wanting to relieve stress by playing mafia while x player is being a super douche only to get what they want and to make you feel worse about what you're doing in the game so you'll instead follow them or whatever reason they have in mind (which was a pretty big problem when I was kinda active if I remember correctly), you lose desire to be on the same player list as them.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, mods really need to start to cut the crap and just straight-up blacklist or temp-ban dudes that just keep on replacing out.

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
People need to get tougher skin. They also need to be as polite as possible. I can agree that in a toxic game, I would hate it and want to replace out. Yet I have not seen that here. I have been in a toxic game on Mafia Scum, and I hated it. Here it's tame in comparison. Like constant yelling and trolling. That I would be fine subbing out from.

Remember that the game is a serious commitment. If you don't like a player's playstyle and they replace in, sucks. That's the reality of having little replacements in Dgames. That is why I only play in one or two nowadays, yet I have committed the sin myself in the past and learned from it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
He's probably about to need another. I, unfortunately, was saddled with expanding company operations to 3 new offices. As such, I have been far busier than I expected and regret signing up. I feel like scum for replacing out, but life really did happen to me.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
If you'll get me up to speed on where your slot is at I'd ruin that game replace in for you

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Oh so its like replacing in for any other dgames player, gotcha

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Mafia is like marriage. You go in thinking everything is going to be great and you're ready for the responsibilities of being committed to your significant other. Then you realize your significant other comes with brothers, sisters, cousins, parents, loan, debt, depression, and now there's a child on the way because you told yourself you were expecting the extra +1, but now you realize you're carrying everybody and that's not even considering the fact that your own family now feels neglected because you spend more time with the other family and then you realize that it's just not your thing and your commitment has now snowballed into something you initially had an inkling of an idea of what it was, but it was only the beginning.

Staying in a mafia game is like continuing from before, but now you're getting the mini van ready to take the kids to soccer practice on your only day off, while you're still dealing with business emergencies, and working through papers while your kid makes the winning goal and he asks you if you saw it. You say you did and you feel like they can tell you're lying, but you hug them and tell them how proud you are of them and feel bad about it. Then you finally get home you feel a sense a relief that it's all over and now you can just sit down and watch television no longer really caring about the outcome of that game, but just as that moment of relief hits you remember you left your second kid at the soccer field.

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Honestly though, I hate it when people apologize for replacing out or having a lack of activity but then repeat the same behavior in a game the next week with the same exact lines. Then your pessimism just gets an ego bump when it turns out that it's all just good casual community fun because contributing five posts pre- last 5 days into end of day phase should be the expectation and getting upset about a turnout like that is just getting way too serious for some people.

Then again, mafia games are simply a means by some people to just reinforce their connection to the community. In which it is fine, until it becomes transparent that the game to them is more about hamming up community status and good will over winning the actual game. To which I've only wanted to enforce the idea that whereas playing games are a sign that you are a part of a community, being a part of a community doesn't require you to play games. I am of the opinion that any community that discriminates on someone not following through on regular behavior emulates a frat or a religion in which people within these communities rarely maintain the same long term duties for extended periods of time.

I personally don't see how many players still continue to play when I've discovered reasons like: "Ryker is too hard to lynch, but I knew he was scum" or "This is typical J town play" from one of the lurker/inactive slots giving long-standing members in the community built in advantages regardless of alignment. However, whereas I personally dislike the community influence in mafia games, that is a complete 180 from how I feel about this community. The more power to you if you have personal life obligations and active projects going on that take priority over mafia games. I came here for the mafia, but I still persist as a nuisance because I really like the people in this community.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I personally don't see how many players still continue to play when I've discovered reasons like: "Ryker is too hard to lynch, but I knew he was scum" or "This is typical J town play" from one of the lurker/inactive slots giving long-standing members in the community built in advantages regardless of alignment.
You don't even know how many games town lost to that ****. All it takes for one to not suck at dGames mafia is playing to his/her own meta.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
You don't even know how many games town lost to that ****. All it takes for one to not suck at dGames mafia is playing to his/her own meta.

That's also why Masquerade was so slow throughout the entire game (despite its amazing balance); people have forgotten how to operate without using meta.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'll tell you Merry Christmas in about four and a half hours.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

I actually hate that credit I get. Makes games all play out the same and I hate it. I stopped playing for a LONG time hoping that others would step up and take leading roles in mafia games, but then everything I played was just super inactive.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, to find the solution, we would first need to know the question. So, the question is, to those who did not step up:

Why didn't you? If you didn't know how, why didn't you ask? If you were having trouble, why didn't you ask for help?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Merry Christmas from the East Coast! Santa came and went really fast this morning ;)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I actually hate that credit I get.
Same here.

Like people will say dumb **** about my general play being "inherently anti-town" when they don't know what anti-town even means anymore these days because all people know is meta here, meta there, meta all dai erri dai

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I actually hate that credit I get. Makes games all play out the same and I hate it. I stopped playing for a LONG time hoping that others would step up and take leading roles in mafia games, but then everything I played was just super inactive.
Having the gravitas to consistently impact all games must be one of the most solemn aspects of any given game when you realize you are not being passed the ball for the 3-pointer out of respect, but rather your teammates aren't interested in making the investment for a 2-point lay-up.

Same here. Like people will say dumb **** about my general play being "inherently anti-town" when they don't know what anti-town even means anymore these days because all people know is meta here, meta there, meta all dai erri dai :059:
From what I saw you were inflexible with your reads and didn't work on developing them or justifying them when people would present criticism. Sometimes when another lynch would go through you would change your target, but the substantiation behind that change would be minimal and I wouldn't be able to really track your reasoning behind your voting patterns.

Last edited:
Top Bottom