• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
IIRC there was a direct that revealed that you get to choose one option in the beginning and the other becomes available via DLC. Kinda lame if you ask me and I'm not sure if I'll buy it though I heard the 'evil' version is actually challenging.

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
You'll be here the 13th - 19th? I have Thursday and Friday off, so if your down to clown with a nerd than I'm game on either of those dates. Gorf should come and we can have a hick fest.
straight up if i drove idve been down to go up sunday night and come back down tuesday day cuz gigs... but alas :c

also disneys for homos you should go to islands of adventure.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You'll be here the 13th - 19th? I have Thursday and Friday off, so if your down to clown with a nerd than I'm game on either of those dates. Gorf should come and we can have a hick fest.
I think I'll see about hooking up with you. You still got my number from CEO?

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

More MGS Head Transplant conspiracy theories.

I honestly have mixed opinions on the new fire emblem(s), while I am pretty excited for them I don't like the idea of how much money I might have to spend, but then again it hasn't stopped me for buying Season Passes for games early on.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
so I played some melee this week, and, well...

I don't want to talk about it.
Literally one of the most difficult games to play at a top level. I don't know anyone that has been able to take over a strong region within a year, maybe even 2, of playing the game, at least in recent memory.

Last edited:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
That feel when @ #HBC | Dancer #HBC | Dancer doesn't hang out with you.
Sorry didn't tell you earlier, but hitting reply is such a bothersome task sometimes.

Anyways, I was called into work yesterday as we had a lot of call outs plus we've been getting bum rushed with customers lately. I ended up working a massive 11 hour shift, coupled with the fact that I've worked the past six days straight (with the last three days being particular gruesome and long) I REALLY didn't feel like spending my one day off at Disney. Sorry again that I didn't tell you earlier. =(

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
so I played some melee this week, and, well...

I don't want to talk about it.
All things worth learning take practice! Just keep at it and you'll be blasting away fools with your sick combos and multishines into the next decade.

In all honesty though, once you get past the tech skill barrier your improvement really depends on your dedication, mindset, and access to competition. As a long time player I've seen both extremes on the spectrum of speed of improvement. On one hand you have scrubs like me who are only decent after playing for seven years and trybads who join poisonous character hate groups. On the other hand you have players like PPMD who became one of the top players in like two/three years and Wizzy who became a threat in around the same time frame.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I got my own house, had three jobs at one point, designed a website freelance which i didnt get payed for (hecka time lost and sad days) working 7 - 430 then just sinking time into bloodborne and generally phasing myself off mafia because i deemed it a uphill battle of near pointlessness plus lack of time to dedicate to it

But now im bark and prolly to stay ssince i do love so being right.

Still trying to land the whole career thing but can't complain.

Very side related is if anyone here lives in quebec or ontario i might be able to hook you up on the inside track with the company i work for

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Literally one of the most difficult games to play at a top level. I don't know anyone that has been able to take over a strong region within a year, maybe even 2, of playing the game, at least in recent memory.
All things worth learning take practice! Just keep at it and you'll be blasting away fools with your sick combos and multishines into the next decade.

In all honesty though, once you get past the tech skill barrier your improvement really depends on your dedication, mindset, and access to competition. As a long time player I've seen both extremes on the spectrum of speed of improvement. On one hand you have scrubs like me who are only decent after playing for seven years and trybads who join poisonous character hate groups. On the other hand you have players like PPMD who became one of the top players in like two/three years and Wizzy who became a threat in around the same time frame.
thank you for your kind words <3

really, though, I've never played any smash game competitively, and I have literally zero tech skill. I mean, I'm most comfortable playing Roy. And that's fine, because I never really wanted to get into competitive smash, it's the kinda uphill battle that doesn't really suit me as a person. Hell, I don't really enjoy competitive gaming in general- when I play a game it's more to have fun than it is to win.
Anyways, I ended up at a party with a bunch of people who do play smash, and duly got my ass handed to me, as is only right. The only thing I regret is that, being such a casual, I can't even really enjoy getting my ass handed to me, because I'm not even playing the same game as the other guy. I'm just getting steamrolled while being vaguely aware that I should be doing some things I'm not capable or smart enough to do.

But yeah, I thought it was probably rude of me to play smash for once and not mention it here. :p

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I do care about improving, though, that's what I'm saying- i would like to be better. But I don't have access to a setup at the moment, or any particular desire to spend time and money getting better at melee when I'm already busy doing other things.

Besides, I don't think it's rude of me to want to play ~10mins of melee when i'm sitting around for ~4 hours watching other people play.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I got my own house, had three jobs at one point, designed a website freelance which i didnt get payed for (hecka time lost and sad days) working 7 - 430 then just sinking time into bloodborne and generally phasing myself off mafia because i deemed it a uphill battle of near pointlessness plus lack of time to dedicate to it

But now im bark and prolly to stay ssince i do love so being right.

Still trying to land the whole career thing but can't complain.

Very side related is if anyone here lives in quebec or ontario i might be able to hook you up on the inside track with the company i work for
Glad things are going well for you rake!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Why do I ever bother with you, huh.
i mean i also could've commented on wanting to improve yet not enjoying competitive gaming in general, but i decided to take the easier route for your sake... but what did i expect from such a rude person, shouldve considered youd just walk out >:

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
the off-site game billed as 'mafia game of champions' thingyman was recruiting for, with players from different communities. We sent J last year. We sent Ryker this year. The game is here.

I was reading a 'lil of it and stumbled across the post which I quoted above. B/c it's funny (maybe).

Top Bottom