• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
My fingernails are always really short, because I'm always biting them and chewing on them. It's a somewhat...uncouth habit, I suppose.

Kantrip

Kantplay
They disgust me because they're so impractical, I look at girls with long painted nails and just imagine all the things they probably have trouble doing and it turns me off.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
They disgust me because they're so impractical, I look at girls with long painted nails and just imagine all the things they probably have trouble doing and it turns me off.
aren't you like 12? your tastes haven't really been refined yet

in all seriousness i don't care either way so long as it looks aesthetically pleasing

Last edited:

Kantrip

Kantplay
I thought we were supposed to direct those jokes at Dark Horse :c

yeah I mean I don't blame people for liking them and I do like painted nails, I would just pass on the length myself

JeXs

Smash Champion
What trouble

Maven89

Smash Master
Well, I figure it'd be hard for them to masturbate with those nails
and typing I guess

so like the two things dgamers use their hands for

Last edited:

JeXs

Smash Champion
Idk I haven't had any trouble doing anything lol, maybe I'm used to it since I've always been lazy about them.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I play guitar and let me tell you, long nails on your fret hand are terrible.

And basically anything that requires access to your fingertips becomes impossible.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I play guitar and let me tell you, long nails on your fret hand are terrible.

And basically anything that requires access to your fingertips becomes impossible.
A lot of the classical guitar players I know actually have long nails on the hand they use to strum (at least I'm 80% sure it's that hand). It always looked weird to me when guitar players would have long nails on one hand and completely cut nails on the other. xD

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
A lot of the classical guitar players I know actually have long nails on the hand they use to strum (at least I'm 80% sure it's that hand). It always looked weird to me when guitar players would have long nails on one hand and completely cut nails on the other. xD
yea its the hand you strum with, makes ticklin dem strings that much more efficient, but its still disgusting... thats just a reasonable excuse lol

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah strumming/picking hand it can make sense to grow your nails but on your fret hand they have to always be short.

@ JeXs JeXs I know not everyone plays guitar but when I look at long nails I imagine them attempting to play guitar and it makes me cringe.

Congrats Raz! When's it due?

Maven89

Smash Master
So I was thinking about Bradley Manning, and how he now wants to go by Chelsea Manning, and I'm starting to think I agree more with Gorf then I thought

This then got me thinking, and I'm really furious that children out there are idealizing rapists like Assange or ******** traitors like Bradley Manning. At least Snowden seems to actually have beliefs he follows, Assange just seems to want the spotlight before he drugs another woman and Manning just did it because he's sad he didn't have a vagina and dumb enough to think leaking diplomatic cables would change the world

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
stumbled across this:
10 Problems My Stiletto Nails Caused In One Day

3. Lesbi-honest. These nails are for straight girls or those involved in a long distance romance only. If you like the ladies, these are not the tips for you. Nothing says “I am not into women” like a freshly painted set of talons. You could seriously hurt somebody.

JeXs

Smash Champion
While we're on the subject of nails, how often do you guys trim yours?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I would think they would still be a big problem for long distance relationships, because if your loved one is far away, you have to... handle your own business.

Maven89

Smash Master
again with the debate hall ****e

please

no
the place that has debates on whether or not smash4 can cause world peace? I'd rather here where people seem like actual people

and honestly i like this social thread the best when we're having serious discussions, if no one agrees i won't do it agian

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I don't necessarily disagree with discussing politics here but I thought that was a bad time. Though gorf is here....

the place that has debates on whether or not smash4 can cause world peace? I'd rather here where people seem like actual people

and honestly i like this social thread the best when we're having serious discussions, if no one agrees i won't do it agian
Quality has suffered since it got opened, you'll see some decent discussions in there, really depends on who responds.

Though the thread you mentioned wasn't REALLY about smash creating world peace, it was about the possibility of using games (specifically smash) as a nonviolent proxy for war and without the tremendous material costs associated with it, which is an interesting topic in and of itself though I'd argue the thought experiment wasn't as well implemented as it could have been.

Anyway unsure why you classify Manning as "simply a traitor"?

like that and regardless of if Assange did anything else his work is extremely valuable for whistleblowing. Also he's made multiple statements that he'd be willing to go back and face charges as long as the government agreed to not extradite him to the US, so far the government hasn't been willing to make that concession.

edit:I accidentally a word and messed up grammar

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm not in a position to stop people from posting about serious/controversial issues in here, even if I wanted to. What I actually don't like is opening the door to another round of half-baked back and forth I could do without reading.

Like, pretend this is a serious discussion. Whether or not Manning and Asssange are terrible people has nothing to do with whether freedom of information is a good thing. Even if there are children out there who idolize them (which I doubt), do you think in doing so they want to emulate them exactly? Probably not.

So does this really just boil down to Bradley Manning changed his name? Good for him. Like, who gives a ****.

Kate Middleton just popped out another baby, y'all. That's ****ing news. We're talking history in the making here.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
dawg everyone has secrets and its traitor-like to expose secrets youre entrusted to keep by your country. like theres really no argument.

Top Bottom