• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

BarDulL

Town Vampire
yeah, it has been feeling a little dead lately. maybe it's cause none of us are doing incredibly stupid **** and thus we're not all dogpiling on the nerd responsible anymore except sometimes gorf

i'm almost feeling masochistic enough to be the nerd in question

ok but really, maybe it has something to do with the lack of elitism and exclusivity. maybe we're all just growing up and coming to terms with the fact that, at some point or another, we were wrong about our presumptions of each other. that somehow, in its rawest form, we've come to understand the fact that we're all human and not actually truly better than each other. that perhaps we've reached the end of the line and we've lost sight of the main goal of this forum, or perhaps we are realizing that the real reason why we're here was never the reason we thought we were here. or maybe we're all just going in different directions in life now and we've learned what we can from forum mafia.

regardless of what it might be, i'll tell you ****s what the main goal of this forum was, and still is, for me.

at first i was like 'forum mafia is alright i guess'. played a game or two. and then i ended up having a super clash of egos with some of the people here. i'm pretty sure at some point or another i went head to head with like everyone in this gog damn room. i was never incredibly passionate about forum mafia 'cause i hate playing people for fools. i crack jokes and mess around but i don't actually get off on manipulating people. and then i realized that i was staying here and bashing heads with people 'cause i didn't like being told that i was wrong. i didn't like the elitism or the hierarchy, and i wanted to bring it down with my bare hands for reasons i didn't even understand about myself. at the core, i think its because i dont like it when someone or something tells me what to do. i was like a bull, incredibly short sighted, charging at the mentioning of a red cape. or perhaps i was fighting against being oppressed so that i could be the oppressor. perhaps it was simply a vying for power. and it was all ****ing NEEDLESS in hindsight.

but then i realized that power didn't matter. i started actually liking the people i was interacting with. i realized what it means to get along with people in a community, and that no man, no matter how egotistical or intellectually fine tuned he may be, can ever be a one man show anyway, cause there's no god damn point in it. i started seeing the gog damn bigger picture. we have to be able to get along and work as a team, and vying for power pointlessly is, well, pretty god damn pointless, especially when we inadvertently lose members as a result of our big bouts.

like literally whenever ryker tries to make a crack at me, i just giggle at him because i find it god damn hilarious that he is trying to be assertive with me. it's HILARIOUS. i used to start stomping my feet and charge right into that goddamn red cape, but now i recognize that it's also a spice that he brings to the table that contributes to dgames being worth coming back to. and it's fun. i have a feeling that comment might start a frenzy but i don't give a damn, LETS GO LOL IMA **** YOU UP SON!

anyway, i also largely enjoyed the vernaculars that many of the members here bring to the table. i remember coming here and thinking 'holy **** what are these guys even saying jesus christ it makes absolutely no god damn sense to me.' but eventually i ended up surpassing you ****s anyway LMAOOOOO jk but i 100% understand everyone now and i'm incredibly comprehensive of the english language as a result. in fact, i am like one of the best writers at my school according to my english professors. i owe a lot of it to you assholes trying really hard to come off as more intelligent than me LOL!

so to come around full circle, i feel that we're a collective body comprised mostly of intellectuals with entirely superfluous vernaculars, and mafia is a great way to build off each other's knowledge base/social skills and bring it into real life applications. we also have this amazing social thread where we can talk about whatever the hell interests us and, conveniently, we all have a lot of common interests. so not only do we end up incessantly building off each other, it's also easy for us to forge friendships and actually enjoy something other than being butt holes to each other in mafia. LOL! so in other words, we're actually being really productive here whether or not people recognize it.

do i have criticisms about the community and where it's going? yeah, i guess i have one. i feel like J doesn't contribute nearly enough to the community to be a mod. YEAH YOU HEARD ME! i feel like J gets her rocks off by having a red name but if she isn't actively contributing to keep the community afloat then i think we should do away with that spineless woman. make her walk the god damn plank, i say. i'm also still hella peeved about how J didn't immediately ask me to send ruy the gift for the secret santa. hell i don't even know if ruy ever got a gift.

but overall i still like the community the way it is. and i hope we continue building off each other and become hella productive/OP intellectuals in the real world as a result (or at least partially as a result of dgames). and perhaps someday we can progress our group even further and turn it into some kind of god damn justice league, LETS GO!

TL;DR -

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I don't care about the game much anymore and the community is not particularily enjoyable nowadays either. I still check the site cuz I've been playin' smash4 but dGames doesn't do much for me anymore, really.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I am still very much interested in Mafia, but that's something I want to do when I have a reasonable amount of free time, cause of how these games tend to go.

I'd love to play more SMash 4 with Dgames but getting on at the same time you guys get on to play seems too hard nowadays ;-;

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Lemme fix that for you.

I don't play or enjoy mafia because I realize I'm not intelligent and I'm bad at arguing/debating/whatever you want to call it, but I still love the people here so I post anyways. :D
you vastly underrate yourself joeybear

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I mean, I'll admit I basically haven't been around at all in a few months.

Couple reasons for that:

1) Been focusing on my final semester.
2) Haven't been terribly interested in playing mafia lately.
3) Focusing on a lot of other interests (Smash 4, Yomi, IRL friends, etc etc), so D-Games has been pretty far down on the list.

I'm practically always doing something with Ryker, but that doesn't have to involve being here, so.... yeah.

According to marshy's profile, he hasn't been online since February 9th, so he just kinda dropped off the face of the Earth. Probably why he was unmodded?

Off to work, which is reason #4 I suppose.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Hey DGames, story time. I made a previous post about being homeless and how I needed help that I'm sure some of you read. Well..I took matters in my own hand and relocated to New York and found a place to stay for 2 weeks with airbnb, and then I've been pretty much busting my *** going around NY looking for job opportunities, all the while becoming accustomed to the place. It's something I already preplanned and know that if you opened your heart (and your wallet) towards me then know that it didn't go to waste and that I'm truly grateful as you've given me a new start in a new city, and the past few days, while exhausting, have been invigorating. Sure, my funds are a bit a low and I'm cutting it close, but I feel really, really alive. That's something I wasn't allowed to say to myself for a long time because I was stuck in the middle of nowhere in Michigan. I've walked down streets from times square to 59th and lexington and just enjoyed the fact of actually being around others, hell, when I was taking the subway I so happened to see a band start playing in the subway. I've also seen a fair amount of homeless people on the side of the street, and a lot of things that makes me feel uneasy, but overall NY has been good to me. I have two friends who have been showing me around and helping me out as much as they can, and that's all I could really ask for.

Anyways, life's pretty good. I feel sorta grown up, like I'm doing things on my own and taking opportunities when I can. I feel good about myself.

Oh yeah. I need two replacements for my game. PM me if you're interested.
FYI you're in my area (I live on Long Island), so if you need help with anything, lemme know.Also I have a couple of friends who might be looking for roommates in the near future that I can put you in touch with.

Also feel free to pm me, depending on your skillset I have some friends who might be able to help you with finding a job.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yea, the fact that nobody has seen or heard from marshy in awhile is a bit worrying. I mean, he's a grown man who can stop checking this dumb site if he wants to... It's just weird that he did.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
FYI you're in my area (I live on Long Island), so if you need help with anything, lemme know.Also I have a couple of friends who might be looking for roommates in the near future that I can put you in touch with.

Also feel free to pm me, depending on your skillset I have some friends who might be able to help you with finding a job.
I PMed you. Looking forward to discuss matters with you and whatever advice you can give me.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Oh yeah, I STILL need two replacements for my game. PM me if you're interested.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I mean, personally I'd rather just keep dgames working on its own. There are new people flowing through here its just us older people haven't really been here to help them out as much as we could to get them invested into the game.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Lemme fix that for you.

I don't play or enjoy mafia because I realize I'm not intelligent and I'm bad at arguing/debating/whatever you want to call it, but I still love the people here so I post anyways. :D
wtf, you are smart. Don'rt underestimate yourself, you have nailed me multiple times as scum.

Joey do not sell yourself short you are good at mafia if you are active.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I think marshy just decided that the Internet was too technologically advanced for him.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I stopped playing pretty much in hopes that other players would step up before I started playing again. I've talked about it with a couple of people, but I got very tired of every game being dictated by Zen, Marshy, and I.

However, all three of us stopped at around the same time and the playerbase didn't exactly change. If you gave me a set-up and who drew what roles, I could give you an accurate account of how the game would play out. I still love mafia, but I feel like the DGames formula is solved.

I haven't been a big poster in the social thread since like 2012. Most of my interaction with DGames comes from talking with Raz, Laundry, Xonar, and Dietz.

I still LOVE hanging out with you guys, but I've had little cause to do so outside of that group and the people I see at tournaments (shoutouts to Bardull, Ruy, Sworddancer, and Ran).

Let me know what you guys are looking at doing. I'll help however I can.

Last edited:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Honestly I've just been checking in every couple of days to see if the Admins have finally decided to do away with the forum. I think some of us have sensed that Dgames is at its end. Though I've also been curious to see whether or not a new culture would flourish and new leaders of Dgames would emerge and a greater number of interested participants would come this way. The probability is low however but still a part of the alpha time stream.

By the way, if you guys don't want any nazi modship and double post infractions, you should just make a social group, or better yet play maf on another site entirely.

Marshy leaving has been a long time coming. As I said many of us have sensed that our time here was drawing to an end. As you see many of the big personalities have long since left. Ever since hentai mafia, it's become clear that Dgames is sort of a nuisance to the adminship. The section is likely thought of on the level of the Smash 64 section *shutters*. Marshy had for many months been making attempts to either keep Dgames "based" , make a new home for those he felt were real *****s, or demolish Dgames in entirety. It seems he finally just said fk it and left. He's had intentions for a while to be unmodded, which is why he -- and by he, I mean me -- established J as a mod.

P.S: Ironically, this post actually shifts the outcome potential towards that of a new Dgames.
Its GS all over again ;-;

Maven89

Smash Master
Nah, you guys built this place with your bear hands, with blood and sweat and over lamentations of Forum Game widows, you guys can't let some nerds take this from you because they don't like your tentacle hentai

I'm not sure what we're talking about

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
#HBC | marshy was last seen:
Feb 9, 2015

RIP mod marshy, just noticed this myself.

edit: If people want others to step up, don't think I could push being a leader.

It's not my thing.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
#HBC | marshy was last seen:
Feb 9, 2015

RIP mod marshy, just noticed this myself.

edit: If people want others to step up, don't think I could push being a leader.

It's not my thing.
i'm not touching the leader thing, but i just wanna say that your avy is my favorite canon rendition of roy even though there is such an obvious stark contrast with what he looks like in melee.

Maven89

Smash Master
Some guy got his spine broken in Balitmore and now there's protests that are turning into riots

Jon Snow chopped a ****** head off

More HIllary Clinton shenanigans

Jex sold himself into sexual slavery

Top Bottom