• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Maven89

Smash Master
The comment I was going to make a long time ago but then didn't was "wow, someone needs to remove tortuga's thesaurus" or something along those lines

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
FE1, FE2, FE3 and FE11 (Awakening) take place in the same world. Although 2 is mostly just very disconnected, from what I have seen.

A character from the first fire emblem directly appears in Awakening and is playable on both, she references events from the first game.

FE 4 and 5 are the same world.

FE 6 and 7 are the same world. 7 was a prequel so lots of characters from 7 get their backstories explained here (including the main villain) and both games share playable characters and locations.

FE 8 is stand-alone.

9 and 10 Share the same world. Radiant Dawn is a direct sequel from Path of Radiance, and while Path of Radiance works very well stand alone, I'd say RD really doesn't, I'd recommend playing it after PoR. Also while PoR is easy, both PoR and RD have the best level design and strategy components in the series in my opinion. (Out of the ones I have played, at least)

FE7, 8, and 11 are the best entry-level FE's. I didn't feel like awakening was very good as a strategy game, but at least overall its better than 8, I'd recommend playing awakening or 7 first, and then getting into Path of Radiance the GOAT fire emblem.

Apparently 4 is really good too, but I haven't gotten to play that one yet, if you play awakening first, maybe try playing 4 then, cause some mechanics from 4 were re-introduced in awakening.

Hey it's cool that you know so much about the fire emblem series but do you think you could finish your fe7 let's play?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Looking for one replacement for Filmcow mafia!
(unless anyone can find Gorf)

Play is nearing the end of Day 2. PM me if you're interested.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
You should join Jdietz game!

Or at the very least just watch the a lot of FilmCow's stuff on youtube because it hits that right combination of "is this weird or is this funny?"

(especially cracklin oats)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Man, I check this thread routinely and there's never anything I want to respond to in it.

**** Mafia, does DGames wanna DO SOMETHING!? Hit me up if you want to do something entertaining.

Note: I am willing to accommodate if you want to circle jerk about how great I am.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
my computer is not amazing and it runs fine. Unless your computer is on the brink of death, you shouldn't have a problem. (I used a computer that was on the brink of death for well over a year)

Skullgirls was literally just on sale tho, and the sale ended. It was 80% off, prolly not gonna see a deal that great for awhile.

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Right. I'm gonna wait a few days in the off chance it might get somehow even more of a discount.

Also, has anyone here played monster hunter 4? Is it good?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Idk how long it's been, but I'm going to make a sm4sh tournament for dgames. It never happened yet, so I might as well do it now.

I just want to know what day most of you are available.

Last edited:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
A dgames Smash 4 tournament would be fun to watch! Do you have a general idea of the ruleset you would use? (Customs legal vs banned, stage list, etc?) I'll state that most dgames players seem to be pro custom and wider stage selection, but that could just be poor observation on my part.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Customs should be on. Probably 6 or 7 Minutes of 2 or 3 stock matches.

I played on a ranbat set on gaf and the legal stages they had were:

Battlefield
Final Destination (and omegas)
Smashville
Town and City
Delfino
Castle Siege
Skyloft (Zelda)
Lylat
Duck Hunt

I guess we can add Dreamland 64 to that. And also edit accordingly.

We should ban sonic tho

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
for anyone interested in the FF5 Four Job Fiesta, it starts again in about a week. I'm already signed up for a Chaos run with Berserker Risk. Ryker will likely be signing up as well, and if he's a man, he'll also be doing Chaos w/ BerserkerRisk :grin:

http://fourjobfiesta.com/

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
SPeaking of FF is FF7 worth getting while on sale or nah?

Also thanks for letting me know kary, just bought it now! :)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
SPeaking of FF is FF7 worth getting while on sale or nah?

Also thanks for letting me know kary, just bought it now! :)
i would say yes since i'm a diehard fan, but i'll concede that nostalgia might be biting me in the ass. many people feel the game didn't age well and the localization is...questionable, presumably. i still like it though.

on the topic of ff7 though, mfw ff7 remake reveal:

Flaco Paco

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
Where's the party?
Cinco de mayo is arriving late this year, I'm afraid.

Also, I wanted to let you know...

I stole the 50000th post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom