• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Successfully landed in Philly. Connecting flight in 50 mins.

Greyhound ride after that.

Expect Ryker and I to be streaming vidya for like 2 weeks.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
That this is is more appealing to women on average then this?

I'm sorry but if you want supporting evidence you look at what's more popular on deviantart, a lot of guys have a very warped view of what women actually like but the reality is, our standards of what is an attractive man generally aren't their standards.
I think women and I are in agreement on one thing tho

[collapse=Look at this ****ing handsome man]
[/collapse]

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It was for science!

Also, you quoting it re-censored it inside the quote. That's likely important.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
lol I know, yanking your chain man.

It didn't censor it when I posted though, the text that I got in the editor was censored.

This is just what I got when I pressed the quote button:
<I'm not even mad, that's amazing.gif>

[collapse="****************"]
[/collapse]
But when I replace the text it still censor dodges:

<I'm not even mad, that's amazing.gif>

[collapse="**************"]
[/collapse]

Evidently the quote button's censoring and the forum's display censoring use different logic.

Edit: removed censor dodge because purpose has been served

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
does it count as censor dodging if smashboards doesnt censor it for you

if it is thats kind of like god giving you a prostitute and then going "dont have sex outside of marriage boy"

how can you ask me to not in some way (ab)use this

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
smashboards DOES censor it for you under normal circumstances.

if you circumvent the censoring mechanism, you can't blame it for not censoring...

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
smashboards DOES censor it for you under normal circumstances.

if you circumvent the censoring mechanism, you can't blame it for not censoring...
you say circumventing the censoring mechanism but realistically youre just expecting smashboards to do what it always does right? censor the bad words. youre not even changing the spelling doe

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
it works for you because cookies or something. anyway.

no i don't understand how the first image is more appealing to women.
*these are statements about preferences on average as established by popularity. It does not reflect the preferences of every individual member*

Well probably cause you're not a woman :p. But seriously, just look at the type of guys that appeal to women these days. What type of characters are commonly portrayed on the (primarily female) deviantart? What about in yaoi and other sexual material aimed at women? What about the pop stars they scream for? In general the model is thin, lethe, dexterious, baby-faced guys.

On the other hand, what sort of guys are generally in general audience materials and materials aimed at guys? Beards of manlyness! Giant muscles like bear! Where do you think the phrase "a man's man" came from?

Woman want the cute guy, men wanna be the guy who can break boulders by smashing them with his beard.

Kantrip

Kantplay
*these are statements about preferences on average as established by popularity. It does not reflect the preferences of every individual member*

Well probably cause you're not a woman :p. But seriously, just look at the type of guys that appeal to women these days. What type of characters are commonly portrayed on the (primarily female) deviantart? What about in yaoi and other sexual material aimed at women? What about the pop stars they scream for? In general the model is thin, lethe, dexterious, baby-faced guys.

On the other hand, what sort of guys are generally in general audience materials and materials aimed at guys? Beards of manlyness! Giant muscles like bear! Where do you think the phrase "a man's man" came from?

Woman want the cute guy, men wanna be the guy who can break boulders by smashing them with his beard.
you are generalizing quite a bit but im sure you recognize this

there are plenty of women who want the lumberjack or the firefighter or something too

though yeah in general guys assume that being all macho and muscly and stuff is the way to go when that is not the case at all

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
A lot less then you'd think though (unless you include the prettyboy lumberjack/firefighter), frankly the assumption that a manly man is what women want is a projection, they idealize that type of guy so of course woman want them.

As I noted there are exceptions but it's pretty obvious that based on the media that's actually popular with woman, the majority don't want the gruff grizzled hypermuscled man, they want the prettyboy. Muscles are pretty, but lean, no beards please, kthanks.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
A lot less then you'd think though (unless you include the prettyboy lumberjack/firefighter), frankly the assumption that a manly man is what women want is a projection, they idealize that type of guy so of course woman want them.

As I noted there are exceptions but it's pretty obvious that based on the media that's actually popular with woman, the majority don't want the gruff grizzled hypermuscled man, they want the prettyboy. Muscles are pretty, but lean, no beards please, kthanks.
[collapse=Yup.]
[/collapse]

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
guys are stupid. If I could be anything I want, I'd be what the women actually want, not what I think they want.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
guys are stupid. If I could be anything I want, I'd be what the women actually want, not what I think they want.
Well if you wanna attract women and that's your purpose then sure, mold yourself on that. The point I'm making is simply that media that objectifies women GENERALLY features males that are power fantasies, not men that are attractive to women.
all these censor dodges man, so many bans, so little time :happysheep:
:p suuuuuure, use our research to fix the problem and then punish us for doing it when we were trying to help. Use us and abuse us, we're not hurt at all :(

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Atlanta is scary. I really wish I hadn't missed the earlier bus.

3 hours to go, sitting in this bus station

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
:p suuuuuure, use our research to fix the problem and then punish us for doing it when we were trying to help. Use us and abuse us, we're not hurt at all :(
You find it, you delete it, and you tell an admin in private about it.

Top Bottom