• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
It's interesting though that American soldiers are being stationed in S. Korea. I wonder if the compulsory military service is insufficient to act as a deterrent to North Korea (two years after high school or after college iirc), although to be honest I doubt anything can be considered a valid deterrent since N. Korea is pretty loopy when it comes to arms warfare, nuclear development, and humongous standing armies. Not to mention they have arguably one of the worst, if not the worst wealth disparities in the world.

Last edited:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
It's interesting though that American soldiers are being stationed in S. Korea. I wonder if the compulsory military service is insufficient to act as a deterrent to North Korea (two years after high school or after college iirc), although to be honest I doubt anything can be considered a valid deterrent since N. Korea is pretty loopy when it comes to arms warfare, nuclear development, and standing armies.
The korean war never technically ended, and also american forces are kept there for the sake of having a presence in case **** hits the fan.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
The korean war never technically ended, and also american forces are kept there for the sake of having a presence in case **** hits the fan.
South Korea has 'presence.' It's basically allocated to the demilitarized zone (DMZ) in order to serve as a show of military force to intimidate North Korea. However, my point is to question the intrinsic meaning of having 'presence' when you're attempting to bring the point across to North Korea. North Korea has the largest standing army and has finished if not close to completing their ballistic missiles which theoretically enables them to target any location in the world.

Take an incident last month (that I was not aware of until right now) where North Korea released two missles by Kaeseong (Gaeseong) which is speculated to be due to US-Korea naval drills and unfavorable peace talks. Whereas I understand establishing 'presence' as a tactic to instill apprehension, I question whether North Korea is a country that will respond to intimidation the way we want them to react and I don't think that North Korea remotely wants to accept submission, regression, and eventual democratization although doing so would enable the country to flourish. They'd much rather starve most of the population and keep approximately 5% of the country in wealth. We're trying to establish a 'presence' to a country that not only ignores the influence of the world, but also the status of its own citizens.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Military initial training man, or I'd love to. Maybe I can swing this between leaving gordon around november and taking my 2 weeks leave before korea
Also I want to emphasize that I respect you for serving in the forces and my disagreement is not intended to demerit you going to Korea. I'm glad that we still have Americans assisting their allies abroad and I'm thankful for the service you are providing.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Also I want to emphasize that I respect you for serving in the forces and my disagreement is not intended to demerit you going to Korea. I'm glad that we still have Americans assisting their allies abroad and I'm thankful for the service you are providing.
I appreciate this.
From all ive heard, I really won't have too mich to deal with N.K. seeing as I'm signal, even with being right off the dmz

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
All this reminds me of a reddit thread I saw where a chinese national (who didn't say he was but he was obvious) was attacking american involvement in taiwan as imperialist, and attacking an identified taiwan national as a racist for supporting it.
The whole time reading the thread I was thinking "so you want one imperialist power to leave, so another can jump in, suuuuure, totally works for your anti-imperialist sentiments".

Keep in mind, Taiwan wants the US there because they're scared of china, so self-determination comes into play.

Though doesn't south korea have issues with the US soldiers due to poor conduct?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Idk about that but it wouldn't surprise me from what ive heard
My buddy morfin out un okinawa says he has to be careful with some people there because of how the marines have acted in the past ( no offense marshy)

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Korean culture tends to be very strict and formal compared to American conduct. It wouldn't surprise me if there were disparities on that front. This and the idea that you have first-time Korean soldiers who are serving on compulsory two-year duty in comparison to American soldiers who are there by occupational choice. Not to mention the potential disparity between Korean soldiers on duty conducting a stricter code on themselves out of patriotism in comparison to American soldiers who are arguably operating on professionalism and possibly on national interest in protecting a foreign nation of interest v. their own country/people.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
eh, you're the doctor, I'm sure you won't step on anyone's delicate sensibilities :p
At the rate modern medicine is going all patients are going to be sedated on lorazepam or some benzodiazepine regardless of their actual symptoms so healthcare professionals don't have to worry about offending the patient's sense of sensibility.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm not that kind. Person regardless lol
I wouldn't quite say matt smith cared about delicate sensibilities as the doctor anyways lol

At the rate modern medicine is going all patients are going to be sedated on lorazepam or some benzodiazepine regardless of their actual symptoms so healthcare professionals don't have to worry about offending the patient's sense of sensibility.
You can blame me for that

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hey i take that lorazepam!

Only makes me loopy when I take it when I'm not about to have panic hit me.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Hey i take that lorazepam! Only makes me loopy when I take it when I'm not about to have panic hit me.
Yes. Except a patient is also taking (1) four separate psychiatric medications they take in one day: mirtazapine, valproic acid, lithium, and/or levitiracetam are common choices, (2) primarily calcium channel blockers which tend to make people feel tired, ondansetron which makes people feel sleepy/tired, and (3) tramadol with possibly endocet (oxycodone/acetaminophen), vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophine) or possibly other painkiller.

Going through formularies for the two nursing homes that we service, this is the case for around 40% of the patients there. A popular compound that I make is santyl ointment/bactroban cream for ulcers, because these patients are literally comatose on their beds and aren't moved so they develop ulcers on their back.

Patient are commonly discharged (still living) with the following symptoms (for one patient): disease of digestive system, combined systolic and diastolic heart failure, malaise and fatigue, atrial fibrillation, chronic airway obstruction, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, hypothyroidism, gout, sleep apnea, esophogeal reflux, restless leg syndrome, anemia, morbid obesity, chronic kidney disease, myocardial infarction (acute), ect.

I do not service psychiatric wards or homes. These are 'typical' nursing homes. I pray that none of you require to be serviced by one. It's the equivalent to a death camp.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yes. Except a patient is also taking (1) four separate psychiatric medications they take in one day: mirtazapine, valproic acid, lithium, and/or levitiracetam are common choices, (2) primarily calcium channel blockers which tend to make people feel tired, ondansetron which makes people feel sleepy/tired, and (3) tramadol with possibly endocet (oxycodone/acetaminophen), vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophine) or possibly other painkiller.

Going through formularies for the two nursing homes that we service, this is the case for around 40% of the patients there. A popular compound that I make is santyl ointment/bactroban cream for ulcers, because these patients are literally comatose on their beds and aren't moved so they develop ulcers on their back.

Patient are commonly discharged (still living) with the following symptoms (for one patient): disease of digestive system, combined systolic and diastolic heart failure, malaise and fatigue, atrial fibrillation, chronic airway obstruction, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, hypothyroidism, gout, sleep apnea, esophogeal reflux, restless leg syndrome, anemia, morbid obesity, chronic kidney disease, myocardial infarction (acute), ect.

I do not service psychiatric wards or homes. These are 'typical' nursing homes. I pray that none of you require to be serviced by one. It's the equivalent to a death camp.
Wow that **** is seriously messed up.

Hope my grandma didn't go through this when she was at one.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Just realized how her shirt is off center. Left boob is entirely covered, right boob is hangin out big time

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That **** is dangerous as **** though.

:059:
I know, I've looked up and asked what it doesn't work with and what I can or can't do with it.

There is a reason I only take then in emergencies of a panic attack at work. It only really cones on at work. if I don't I'll get sent to the hospital like I did back in May.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer

I worked in a firm that took a lot of personal injury cases this summer and we had about 10 separate claimants call in from late May to late August looking to sue different nursing homes for different levels of neglect. Neglect is real as ****.

One of the cases involved a guy's dad dying because he was drugged up on an assortment of some of the drugs acro just talked about and he tried to get himself out of bed after calling for assistance from a nurse for like 20 mins with no response. He fell and broke his neck, died instantly.

On the less severe end, many of the callers reported ulcers/bedsore development as a result of not being assisted by staff to move about in their beds and change positions. It's really disheartening **** to hear. I wouldn't go so far to as calling nursing homes death camps, but yeah, if you actually care about someone, you probably shouldn't put them in a nursing home.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Started at $20, then $40 when I saw League images on this page. My poor Dota loving eyes

Top Bottom