• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Ashemu

Smash Ace
btw fire emblem's actual mascot is anna, who should have been playable in smash 4 and sakurai is a **** for including lucina instead

(this user would like to note that they married anna in fe13)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I can't say I agree (with Gorf), Shulk is not a 'man's man'. Reyn/Dunban are MEN.

Shulk is very much a 'boy' for most of the plot.

Last edited:

Ashemu

Smash Ace
well from a highly informed social justice point of view im ok with boxers shulk bc he is hot.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
btw fire emblem's actual mascot is anna, who should have been playable in smash 4 and sakurai is a **** for including lucina instead

(this user would like to note that they married anna in fe13)
Step away from my RNGoddess. I will fight you.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So you have a problem with captain marvel? Pretty classic trope example. Even specifies a demographic of guys he's a power fantasy for due to his alter ego.

Last edited:

Ashemu

Smash Ace
i dont doubt male power fantasies exist for people but i dont think ive felt that way about a character in video games or really anything ever. if i did it was probably a girl.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I used to have dreams about having super saiyan powers when I was 9 or so, tee hee. Wet dreams. Kame-hame-hnnnghh

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
So you have a problem with captain marvel? Pretty classic trope example. Even specifies a demographic of guys he's a power fantasy for due to his alter ego.
Sorry, no. I meant to use as a focal point of the sexism issue in media. Characters that are male power fantasies are fine.

Didn't realize what you meant.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sorry, no. I meant to use as a focal point of the sexism issue in media. Characters that are male power fantasies are fine.

Didn't realize what you meant.
The reason it's relevant to sexism in media is twofold.

1. Since the characters aren't designed to be sexually appealing to women, it points out that these characters are not objectification.

2. It reinforces male gender roles, value based on agency, disposability, etc.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
also

Surprise twist to use Harry Potter as a protagonist.

Last edited:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I get sad every time you guys post desktop screens cause I want to show my GREAT and UNIQUE personality, but I can't cause the laptop I have is one of those tiny desktop/notebook things that don't let you change the default background.

Anyways, Persona 5 trailer was neat, I really want to see some gameplay of it soon. Also gotta say, the P5 protagonist has the best hair out of all them.

Top Bottom