• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
as a child i was a blind old dog always bumping into things

i don't even know why i wanted these pokemon games maybe for the power of owning animals myself
I saw other kids with them and I wanted to play them for myself.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
FOUND IT

i thought this guys hair was his eyes. so where his REAL eyes are i thought they were his mouth making a frown

lol could never unsee this

from Suikoden 2 best rpg in the world

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Red/yellow/gold/crystal/ruby
My sister had blue silver and sapphire so I essentially had all of the first 3 gens except emerald

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
do...
do you even suikoden
Yes I do, but I've got at least three names up there. My top three are probably Lufia 2, Chrono Trigger (which is apparently the new thing to call overrated which I don't get), and The World Ends With You.

Omni

BRoomer
Lufia and Lufia 2 is the truth
Chrono trigger is gdlk
the world ends with you for the DS? I got bored with that game

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
OMG dude omni you just reminded me

I remember the head of the king of hyrule in LttP

I thought that was his necklace the whole time

Omni

BRoomer
OMG dude omni you just reminded me

I remember the head of the king of hyrule in LttP

I thought that was his necklace the whole time
AND THIS DUDE

I thought green was hair covering face. Yellow was lower half of face. Red was mouth.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Was anyone else kind of freaked out by the Gold boxart? When it first came out, I saw Ho-oh as, like, this weird bird with a beak coming out of its...beak? Like how that alien from Alien has that little mouth that comes out of its big mouth? And it couldn't be unseen once I saw it.

this exact same thing happened to me and i didn't realize i was looking at it incorrectly for a good minute or two LOL

oh yeah poke'man versions that i've played:

blue/gold/soul silver/diamond/X.

:094:

Last edited:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
this exact same thing happened to me and i didn't realize i was looking at it incorrectly for a good minute or two LOL

oh yeah poke'man versions that i've played:

blue/gold/soul silver/diamond/X.

:094:
I keep seeing people mention this one, but I was never ale to see the second "head" they keep talking about.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
AND THIS DUDE

I thought green was hair covering face. Yellow was lower half of face. Red was mouth.
Funniest thing is that I only realized that two weekends ago. XD

I thought that too until you pointed it out. I thought the green was his hat, and the red him going OHHHHH while doing some spell. It looked ominous or something.

now I'm wondering wtf it is if it wasn't his face

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Here are my two things like that:

For the longest time, I thought the 'hurt' sprite was him opening his mouth like, RIDICULOUSLY wide. (Wide enough that he tilts his head backwards)

I also thought the DKC 'Game over' screen said 'Gattle Over' when I was really young, and I didn't know what it meant.

Omni

BRoomer

For the longest time, I thought the 'hurt' sprite was him opening his mouth like, RIDICULOUSLY wide. (Wide enough that he tilts his head backwards)

I also thought the DKC 'Game over' screen said 'Gattle Over' when I was really young, and I didn't know what it meant.
LOL. both of these got me, too. Idk what it is about these types if things but it cracks me up

Omni

BRoomer
I keep seeing people mention this one, but I was never ale to see the second "head" they keep talking about.
I just saw it.

The yellow waves is like his hair.
The orange is his mouth.
And the white thing is his eye.
Sorts like Pidgeot.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
[5:31:52] Cameron Bainger: DUDE
[5:32:01] Cameron Bainger: Raz' most recent post in the social
[5:32:09] Cameron Bainger: DK looks like he has fake ****
[5:32:13] Ramses: LOL
[5:32:16] Ramses: yeh
[5:32:18] Ramses: agreee
[5:32:35] Cameron Bainger: Quote me n post it in the social in honor of me
[5:32:56] Cameron Bainger: And censor dodge **** somehow cuz wwgd
[5:33:02] Cameron Bainger: (What would Gorf do)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
you didn't censor dodge anything, you cockheadedninnymuggins

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
from Suikoden 2 best rpg in the world
isn't that game like rare as **** and worth a buttload of money?

@ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker yo anyone who says trigger is overrated is whack as ****. like thats ****ing ridiculous you can't over rate that game is a ****ing masterpiece. Love me some cross too obv with some radical dreamers on the side lol

@ Raziek Raziek looks like you're most similar to me pokemon wise if we ignore gens I skipped: Red, Yellow, Silver, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Diamond, Y

Fandangox

Smash Lord

Somewhat related, but I didn't now until a few months ago that dkc2 was supposd to read: Diddy's Kong Quest (Conquest) as opposed Diddy Kong's Quest.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Was anyone else kind of freaked out by the Gold boxart? When it first came out, I saw Ho-oh as, like, this weird bird with a beak coming out of its...beak? Like how that alien from Alien has that little mouth that comes out of its big mouth? And it couldn't be unseen once I saw it.

For the life of me, I can't see wtf you're talking about with this. I can't see anything other than the actual beak that looks anything even remotely like a beak, and that doesn't look anything like an eye.
AND THIS DUDE

I didn't realize that this wasn't the case until I read your post just now. Like, as you described it, I was just like "Uhh, yeah, those are totally his hair, face and mouth, how is that wrong?" and then I saw it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
For the life of me, I can't see wtf you're talking about with this. I can't see anything other than the actual beak that looks anything even remotely like a beak, and that doesn't look anything like an eye.
That's fine. In my defense, I think it's easier to see when it's smaller, or at a glance. And if you don't already have a very well established, years long familiarity with what the thing is actually supposed to look like.

Omni nailed it when he described the head feathers as sort of being like Pidgeot (I would say Pidgeotto's closer but I'm not here to split head feathers). Swept back, directly over the "eye."

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
That's fine. In my defense, I think it's easier to see when it's smaller, or at a glance. And if you don't already have a very well established, years long familiarity with what the thing is actually supposed to look like.
I have no exposure to ho-oh. I've never played gold/silver. I never played any pokemon after gen1 up until like, 2 years ago. I literally never paid any attention to pokemon in all that time, so there's no exposure to him even in passing. I knew about Lugia tho, cuz he was in one of those pokemon movies I never saw. I played a bunch of other games on emulator within the last year or 2, but not gold/silver.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807508

I am reminded of this months-old thread which discusses pretty much what we were discussing.

Here's a pic of the the Gold Boxart modified.

The problem with that is that it ignores the obvious head with an actual eye on it.

Last edited:

Ashemu

Smash Ace
thought bobbery from paper mario 2's mustache was a beard and his eye was his mouth. have not met a single person who doesnt find this ridiculous

Omni

BRoomer
Last edited:
Top Bottom