• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
And here I was thinking they couldn't confirm a pokemon worse than Lucario.

(COME THE **** AT ME RUY I KNOW WHAT NEIGHBORHOOD I'M IN)
I mean yeah there are definitely a lot better choices for pokemon that should have been in a smash game.

But his playstyle looks cooooooool

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't know, man. Shiek has filled my ninja character needs pretty well since Melee and I don't see her disappointing this time. And she doesn't look like someone attached the dislodged head from a Transformers toy to a blue tree frog with chewing gum, so that's a win.

In truth, I'm really not that down on Greninja because there aren't any pokemon from gen 6 who I really like and think would have been all that viable (except Hawlucha; I would have mained that til it broke). But I've never understood the appeal of Greninja. My taste often seems to be at odds with the rest of the fandom though. I've never understood the love for Lucario or Blaziken either.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
tbh greninja is a wasted character slot, but im assuming the cap for pokemon related characters is now met and we won't be seeing any others (pika, greninja, charizard, lucario) because there was about 4 pokemon related characters in brawl

which means jiggly is getting the axe

which means more room for ness and captain falcon who better be confirmed or i will be slighty dissapointed

Last edited:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Also, I know it's pokemon and nothing makes that much sense to begin with, but every time I think about the physics of water shuriken I get upset.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
tbh greninja is a wasted character slot, but im assuming the cap for pokemon related characters is now met and we won't be seeing any others (pika, greninja, charizard, lucario)

which means jiggly is getting the axe

which means more room for ness and captain falcon who better be confirmed or i will be slighty dissapointed
I have no affection for Jiggs, but I would be surprised to see her go and would somewhat mourn the loss of the sanctity of The Original 12.

Plus she's a fairy-type now.

#HBC | ѕoup

ssb4 speculation starts here

-there are 7 more slots unfilled on the smashbros website
-2 of those are reserved for a veteran returning (captain falcon or ness)
-in the previous game, there were two FE related characters (Ike and marth), which means possible room for one more related FE character probably from awakening
-there are 5 mario bros. related characters right now (mario, luigi, rosalina & luma, yoshi, bowser); there were 6 in brawl (my money is on wario as a returning vet, no new addition)
-there was 2 third-party characters in brawl (Snake and Sonic), there has only been one so far revealed, but the inclusion of namco-bandai makes me feel like Pac-Man or something related to them will get in
-the game is set to summer release for 3ds, all characters in the 3ds version are playable in the wii u version, which means the full roster will be revealed by the time E3 comes around, or shortly after
-smash had 12 characters, melee had 25, brawl had 35, and with the smashbros website the roster peaks at 36; there's a possibly of more secret characters (maybe given the same treatment as the dojo) or sakurai decided to only expand the current roster by one slot

actually sonic ~technically~ counts as third-party but not really anymore because lost world was a wii u exclusive and sega has been working more fervently with nintendo as of late

Last edited:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
ssb4 speculation starts here

-there are 7 more slots unfilled on the smashbros website
-2 of those are reserved for a veteran returning (captain falcon or ness)
???

-in the previous game, there were two FE related characters (Ike and marth), which means possible room for one more related FE character probably from awakening
Someone from Awakening is definitely in. Smart money's on Chrom but I'd prefer almost anyone else. I would have thought Ike would be on the chopping block for this reason pre-Lucario, but now I'm inclined to think he stands a good chance of returning.

-there are 5 mario bros. related characters right now (mario, luigi, rosalina & luma, yoshi, bowser); there were 6 in brawl (my money is on wario as a returning vet, no new addition)
You forgot Peach.

-there was 2 third-party characters in brawl (Snake and Sonic), there has only been one so far revealed, but the inclusion of namco-bandai makes me feel like Pac-Man or something related to them will get in
Sonic and Megaman makes two.

-the game is set to summer release for 3ds, all characters in the 3ds version are playable in the wii u version, which means the full roster will be revealed by the time E3 comes around, or shortly after
-smash had 12 characters, melee had 25, brawl had 35, and with the smashbros website the roster peaks at 36; there's a possibly of more secret characters (maybe given the same treatment as the dojo) or sakurai decided to only expand the current roster by one slot
Brawl had 35 slots, but that wasn't including transformations. With Zamus, Shiek and the pokemon trainer's other pokemon, it goes up to 39. That doesn't mean that SSB4 roster isn't smaller; we've known from the beginning that the roster was going to be similar in size to Brawl's. I wouldn't have expected it to get any higher than 40 anyway; way too much.

But we're definitely looking at some deep cuts.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

also this:

(Pictured: Kirby, Mario, Pit, Fox, Link, Pikachu, Mr. Game and Watch, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Luigi, Meta Knight, Marth)

there's a halberd stage returning also, pretty sure Meta Knight will be back and that this original drawing from sakurai basically is confirming characters who will be in it

Last edited:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
There's a Mr. Saturn in that picture too. That still doesn't confirm Ness (though I do expect him to return).

#HBC | ѕoup

i dont think they're gonna include 7 more new characters at this point, so there's gotta be two more veterans returning at best

Someone from Awakening is definitely in. Smart money's on Chrom but I'd prefer almost anyone else. I would have thought Ike would be on the chopping block for this reason pre-Lucario, but now I'm inclined to think he stands a good chance of returning.
i think it's possible too, and very well might happen..im not even sure what they could do with chrom

You forgot Peach.
well darn, again im just speculating im not speaking like i know

the patterns in the crop-fields are real circus!

Sonic and Megaman makes two.
i dunno i think namco-bandai would like to get in on this tbh

Brawl had 35 slots, but that wasn't including transformations. With Zamus, Shiek and the pokemon trainer's other pokemon, it goes up to 39. That doesn't mean that SSB4 roster isn't smaller; we've known from the beginning that the roster was going to be similar in size to Brawl's. I wouldn't have expected it to get any higher than 40 anyway; way too much.
the slots no longer transform though but eh im not gonna say it's relevant or important either but still

But we're definitely looking at some deep cuts.
i dont think R.O.B will make it back in, also i don't think wolf will either, and possibly falco but im uncertain

i feel sakurai has noticed that the clone issue is prevelant and is trying to freshen things up this time around

Last edited:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
i dont think they're gonna include 7 more new characters at this point, so there's gotta be two more veterans returning at best
I'm questioning the whole thing. Maybe I'm just dumb but I don't see anything that indicates 7 characters coming, vet or newbie. I would actually expect more than 2 more vets, because I can't imagine Cap, Jiggs, Ness, Ganondorf and Metaknight not all making it, with Falco and Ike also seeming like contenders.

i dunno i think namco-bandai would like to get in on this tbh
I'm sure they would. Just saying that would put us at 3. Definitely think that's the cap if 2 isn't.

In addition, Megaman and Sonic both have pretty strong connections to Nintendo, so they're "sensible" guests. Pac-man doesn't really have that going for him. Not a deal breaker, but Sakurai's been pretty clear that he's not interested in letting just anyone well-known in.

the slots no longer transform though but eh im not gonna say it's relevant or important either but still
It is relevant if you're trying to crunch the numbers this way. If we're using the Brawl character roster as a template for SSB4, and we're not accounting for transformations, then Shiek and Zamus have effectively eaten two additional slots now.

i dont think R.O.B will make it back in, also i don't think wolf will either, and possibly falco but im uncertain

i feel sakurai has noticed that the clone issue is prevelant and is trying to freshen things up this time around
[/quote]
Falco's not a clone anymore man he plays hackysack with his reflector now gosh don't you pay attention

Last edited:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I figure those are just empty space filling up the page. Each page holds nine, so seven empty space next to two filled makes sense.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
why couldn't i pluralize "space" in that post?

is my mind my own?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
that's the fun gorf

which is why there's a whole individual board for this game even if it hasn't come out
I mean one thing is doin it for fun and another is taking the space on the site as roster space evidence.

Like, when the game was in development and started having site reveals, they'd go page at a time on that bottom scroll. Does that mean it went from 9 to 18 to 27 to 36? Nah. I actually think it'll probably be around 50 total characters. And NO chance any of the OG 12 are getting cut. That, like, can't happen lol.

Kantrip

Kantplay
yeah dude when the site was fresh and there were only 2 pages, the second page had like 2 chars and a bunch of grey slots like that

as more chars were revealed they added more with new pages

those 7 slots mean nothing

and there are more than 2 more vets, 100%

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm really hoping Shiek is high enough tier in the new game that she gets a lot of competitive play. Mostly just because I'm hoping Bouncing Fish becomes a meme in the Smash community. Bros at tournaments shouting "GET BOUNCED, SON!" "I GOT A TUNA SANDWICH WAITING FOR YOU!" "GET YOUR OMEGA THREES, *****!"

#HBC | ѕoup

imagine a super hyped melee-esque commentator on the top of his lungs shouting: DAAAMN SON THIS BOY JUST GOT FLOPPED LIKE A FISH OUT OF WATER

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Going back to ZSS probably. Looking at Sheik as a second if there's any sort of melee-esque combo system, transfer the skills ftilts over etc.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
mixed on Zamus' new design.

In general, it's pretty cool. But with all the gadgets she has now, it's becoming difficult to understand why she even wears the power suit at all. High heels also seems pretty out of character.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
mixed on Zamus' new design.

In general, it's pretty cool. But with all the gadgets she has now, it's becoming difficult to understand why she even wears the power suit at all. High heels also seems pretty out of character.
the heels are boosters, bro. if there's no suit, the boosters have to go SOMEWHERE.

powersuit is for fights in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
High heels are my only complaint. New Fsmash and a Fair that combos means I get to use cstick-forward though, which has me hype as ****. She still has old SideB. New recovery move looks HYPE AS **** and I hope it's downB tbh, esp if it retains the invincibility, because it'd give her a really good OoS option (which she lacks atm). Wonder what they'll do with her grab and I hope her dSmash doesn't get changed too much. Fingers crossed!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm play Mario because he is the best character in smash if u know how to use him. I don't care what you say. Play me on Wi-Fi.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
In a good way, I certainly hope. It'll be cool see different players sporting difficult styles of the same character. Should make tier lists interesting.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'd be interested in seeing how custom movesets pan out.

Assuming the customizations themselves are reasonable, the main limiting factor for tournament play is time.

If it takes 15 minutes to painstakingly customize your character, that **** just isn't going to fly for tournaments.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Florida barely has a scene. CEO shed us some to a lot of light, but it won't be enough if it's just going to be once. I really hope gamestop does another event like smash sundays.

Last edited:
Top Bottom