• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I feel bad for cyclops, on the note of X-men

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Just finally finished writing up my new large private, accepting all takers. "Easter Party V: Samuel L. Jackson's Grand Prix", co-written and co-hosted by @Evil Eye. Contact me privately about joining, I'm in charge of player lists.

It's going to be a crossover game between four forums(here/Mafiascum/Hyrule.net/raocow's talkhaus), nine people from each. Each forum starts with its own private game, but as the games progress and players are eliminated, the four games merge into two, then into one. The theme is also a crossover, between DC Comics/La-Mulana/Snowboard Kids/Donald Glover's entire body of work, as well as a fifth hidden theme that participants will have to puzzle out to get their true roles. There's a neighbourhood mechanic with private communication, coupled with player-trading between the different forum "tribes". The 8-hour Night phases will take place in a Minecraft server and special map I've set up for the purposes of the game, and at Night all 36 players are in the same game. Participation in this aspect of the game is optional, but since everyone will have a knife during Night it's in your best interest to take part, so that you're not murdered while "asleep". You're also encouraged to sneak into other tribes' villages to graffiti their Walls for passive tribal bonuses.

The setup is semi-open, and I confirm that there are no more than six factions, but at least four. I also confirm that either one or two factions have recruitment roles. I confirm the existence of a single indy SK (not counted in the previous factions) with a standard SK wincon of being last player standing, but with the ability to kill multiple times in one Night if they're skilled enough at Minecraft.

Signups are open now, but I will stress that subs are more appreciated than signups given the size of the player list.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Just finally finished writing up my new large private, accepting all takers. "Easter Party V: Samuel L. Jackson's Grand Prix", co-written and co-hosted by @Evil Eye. Contact me privately about joining, I'm in charge of player lists.

It's going to be a crossover game between four forums(here/Mafiascum/Hyrule.net/raocow's talkhaus), nine people from each. Each forum starts with its own private game, but as the games progress and players are eliminated, the four games merge into two, then into one. The theme is also a crossover, between DC Comics/La-Mulana/Snowboard Kids/Donald Glover's entire body of work, as well as a fifth hidden theme that participants will have to puzzle out to get their true roles. There's a neighbourhood mechanic with private communication, coupled with player-trading between the different forum "tribes". The 8-hour Night phases will take place in a Minecraft server and special map I've set up for the purposes of the game, and at Night all 36 players are in the same game. Participation in this aspect of the game is optional, but since everyone will have a knife during Night it's in your best interest to take part, so that you're not murdered while "asleep". You're also encouraged to sneak into other tribes' villages to graffiti their Walls for passive tribal bonuses.

The setup is semi-open, and I confirm that there are no more than six factions, but at least four. I also confirm that either one or two factions have recruitment roles. I confirm the existence of a single indy SK (not counted in the previous factions) with a standard SK wincon of being last player standing, but with the ability to kill multiple times in one Night if they're skilled enough at Minecraft.

Signups are open now, but I will stress that subs are more appreciated than signups given the size of the player list.

Boy, would I have to /in that if it were real.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If I don't get a role PM, I will be salty, regardless of if it is real or not.

Here's hoping we're Snowboard Kids.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
haha april fools you're such fools how did none of you realize it was a joke you fools
If I don't get a role PM, I will be salty, regardless of if it is real or not.

Here's hoping we're Snowboard Kids.
If more people than you had PMed me, I might have written something up.

@Evil Eye, they all thought the setup was a joke, phone the company and cancel the t-shirts and keychains

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
haha april fools you're such fools how did none of you realize it was a joke you fools

If more people than you had PMed me, I might have written something up.

@Evil Eye, they all thought the setup was a joke, phone the company and cancel the t-shirts and keychains

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@ Circus Circus

I don't understand the appeal behind the Hunger Games movies. They just come across as being either dry or completely ludicrous with no middle ground and as a moderate conservative, the middle ground is what I like to call entertainment. In order to not make this seem like a rhetorical statement aimed at no one, I will cleverly rephrase this into a discussion question. Do you (who is this even addressing) understand the appeal behind the Hunger Games movies?

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
In the book this is fine, because it directs narrative and establishes the story through a point of view perspective. However, for the movie I'm watching a distanced hand-cam perspective off in the woods of some very up close and personal first person murdering that I am not witnessing because
Katniss is the only person playing the straight man in a survival battle royale.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Idk, these people are all coming from different backgrounds and they all live in a censored government. So you might have to think twice about their thought process. Just food for thought.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
True, when you have a government that has the technology to create fire and life out of thin air it remains questionable how rational they have to be to continue to enforce their rule as a censored government. Wait, were you talking about the people in the districts or the people in the capitol with their Godputers.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I haven't seen Catching Fire, but the other contestants in the original movie just struck me as being bland so their deaths didn't mean anything to me. SO MANY PEOPLE DIED AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THEM. Katniss hides for most of the movie so I didn't really feel suspense because she was hiding in safety and resorting to guerella tactics which were suited for a very dry approach for surviving which is what every single contestants should have been doing if they weren't planning on dying in the first ten minutes of the competition.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.

Proof I'm a moron:

-I initially thought that this was serious.
-I continued to think that this was serious.
-I continued to think this was serious even after reading the minecraft part.
-After reading the post, I was planning on making a post commenting on how it was unbalanced and prone to major activity issues.

*Sob* gonna kill myself now

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i don't think there was much of an artistic approach/deeper meaning to the movies, acro. more like the movies are created specifically as a means of appealing to an already ripe-for-the-taking wide scale audience of readers that were invested in the books, or people who have heard about the books but haven't read them yet, etc.

i myself read the books and went to see the movies more or less because i was a fan of the books and was curious to see how the story was portrayed in cinema, literally nothing more or less (except maybe i also fancy myself a shot at jennifer lawrence in the unlikely event that we become star struck. ONE CAN DREAM)

edit: unless you're implying that a lot of people find the movies to be good, which i wouldn't necessarily agree that they were great works of cinema honestly. i think people latch onto them in a harry potter-esque fashion of sorts. not hating on harry potter or its movies because i love me some harry potter, but a lot of people seem to latch onto the movies simply because they are based on the books and can be used as an illustrative reference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom