• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ranmaru: Glad to see you become better at mafia through time. I'll never forget that first game we played, where you got your dice. Mostly because you'll never let us.
Yooooooooooooooooo I remember I was having a hard time interacting with you lol. I was like "I'm guilty... I'm ... guilty... and I don't know ****. Yeah."

S2 is Xonie's Dgames grandpa and you are my Dgames grandpa <3

Be safe man. In 2 years, I'll still be me but... prolly a lil bit improved in every little area in life. (Fitness, career, etc)

Have a happy 2 years bro

Last edited:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I like how I'm Xonar's dgames grandpa but we've been around here about the same time. He may or may not have played here before myself.

That being said he was WAY cooler when he wasn't "Xonar"

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Godspeed, Seph. Thanks for being a part of our community; we will always be here to welcome you back when you return.

Best of luck in all your life's endeavors.

Last edited:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I propose a new Twitch plays pokemon mode: Dictatorship. One person makes all the decisions. All votes count towards dictatorship. Dissenters are counting as dangerous rebels and are arrested by the CIA.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I like how I'm Xonar's dgames grandpa but we've been around here about the same time. He may or may not have played here before myself.

lmao zozo was def here before you son

i wonder what its like to be younger than your grandson

seph be easy bruh

BarDulL

Town Vampire
add getting into giovanni's gym to that roster

kinda joking but they've spent over like 10 hours trying to get into that gym in anarchy lol

see ya seph

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Xonar: I'm glad to have met you. You're the best friend anyone could ever ask for. I'll never forget the countless hours we spent chatting together. Too bad we couldn't finish that show due to computer dying, but such is life. And remember Shocodoro Blagshidect!
That's an insane compliment and I can't express my gratitude through words. Have fun and stay safe, dude. I'll be doing my best to stay in touch.

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

I was here before you, yeah.

But after re-entering everything changed.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
add getting into giovanni's gym to that roster

kinda joking but they've spent over like 10 hours trying to get into that gym in anarchy lol

see ya seph
They actually got in twice. They even fought a few trainers. That didn't last long enough for them to clear the gym, unfortunately. EDIT: at least one of the times was from democracy, I didn't see the 2nd one. They're about to get in a 3rd time, thanks to democracy. EDITL aaaaaaaaand they left again, because trolls.

Getting into Victory Road is going to be impossible without democracy. The ledge there is so much longer than the ones leaving Cerulean City, or outside Giovanni's Gym, and even those have proven to be quite problematic.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
They had Twitch plays pokemon plays Tetris at one point, which used the inputs from TPP to play Tetris (no fail clause turned on), but as you might imagine, the entertainment value was short-lived.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why don't you do it Vinyl, and put it as your avatar. TWINS.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I left my book for science class, that I need to study for this upcoming exam on Friday. HOW COULD I FORGET IT. HOWWWWWW

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe - Show your work, sir. What makes FFT the worst in the series?

Here's what makes it the best:

1) Intricate plotline (inspired by both Christian theology and the War of the Roses)
2) Round, dynamic characters
3) More versatile and flexible class system
4) CT / wait mechanic greatly increases number of possible strategies
5) No arbitrary law system

Seriously, #4 makes all the difference when it comes to gameplay. The FFTA games feel so simple and shallow without it. This is further emphasized by the simplicity of the plot and characters in those games. There's really no comparison for me. FFT kicks FFTA's butt.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
1.) Impossible to follow storyline. I love the **** out of that game and I didn't really understand what was going on because of the terrible pacing and needlessly complex character interactions. I had to play it three times before the "Intricate plot line" was a point worth mentioning.
2.) Bwuh? You mean, like, maybe four of them? Not to mention that the vast majority of them become wallflowers the moment that they become more than just Guests. For the purpose of comparison, why do you feel that the world of FFTA lacks such characters?
3.) More easily exploited and game breaking class system.
4.) Increased variables make the grindy nature of exploring the class system a pain in the ass and the complexity added is really only a deterrent to using powerful skills for some classes, making the reward for even trying to use CT intensive characters far lower for many players. The wait feature is a universal feature in the FFT series.
5.) A lack of any sort of attempt to prevent exploitation of easily attainable and game breaking combinations.

You really have no reason to be attempting to take a dump on FFTA.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I thought FFTA was super dumb, and FFT is one of my favorite games. I'm sure you're not alone, but I'm also sure you're in the minority. FFT is the better game, and this is the first time I've ever encountered anyone who thought otherwise.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I can't really speak to the comparisons between the two (as I have not played FFT), but I don't see how FFTA was "super dumb".

It has flaws, sure, and the Law system was more of a nuisance & frustration than anything else, but otherwise I think the game is pretty good.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe - Show your work, sir. What makes FFT the worst in the series?

Here's what makes it the best:

1) Intricate plotline (inspired by both Christian theology and the War of the Roses)
2) Round, dynamic characters
3) More versatile and flexible class system
4) CT / wait mechanic greatly increases number of possible strategies
5) No arbitrary law system
Here's pretty much the only straw for me:
1) Bad camera / poor map design

Of all of the flaws of this game, the fact that I can never satisfying see my units immediately ruins any interest I have in this game. This is most glaring in one of the first missions in the game, set in a village where two or three houses keep the majority of the map hidden.

This issue is most notably witnessed in another game called Disgaea -- a game whose largest draw is infinite dungeons of randomly-generated maps. There, the camera is excusable by nature of the gameplay. In a game where the maps are small and pre-determined, why can I never see what's going on?

I can't really say I want 33 class options. I like Laws. I like that the gameplay doesn't take a backseat to a convoluted plot.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Uh there is a wait mechanic in Tactics Advance which increases turn priority .

Also laws were negligible throughout the entire game which was disappointing or maybe I just had a well built clan. The enemy broke them more than I did.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Also laws were negligible throughout the entire game which was disappointing or maybe I just had a well built clan. The enemy broke them more than I did.
I can agree with this, except for "Copycat, DMG2: <Thing you have to kill> and Fight". Those laws were dumb. Everything else was reasonable.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I can agree with this, except for "Copycat, DMG2: <Thing you have to kill> and Fight". Those laws were dumb. Everything else was reasonable.
Copycat and Fight are both negligible. There are plenty of things you can do instead of fight and you should hardly be repeating actions in the first place.

DMG2's are dumb but then that's what anti-law cards are for.

Top Bottom