• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Handorin

Smash Hero
People make fun of the way I say Fanta. I say it like they do in the commercials (Wanna Fanta) due to my time in Germany. Not that hard typical American "A" sound.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Soda is where it's at. Hispanics even agree.

Edit: what do you call the circle in the road that makes drivers drive around (counter clockwise if you drive on the right side of the road, probably clockwise if you drive on the left) so traffic flows better? Apparently roundabout isn't the standard term.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Fahrenheit was created as this this:

Salt water freezes at 0
Human body temp is 100
But you're sick if you're temperature is 100. Normal is 97, isn't it?
isn't it, like, 98.6?
*sigh* It almost seems like it's getting progressively arbitrary reading these posts.

And it is coke. Take orders at McDonald's and you'll see.

Customer: "Can I get a sprite with that?"

Me: "Sure, what size coke would you like?"

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
To be fair, EVERYONE makes fun of people who call it soda.

#HBC | Dancer

Edit: what do you call the circle in the road that makes drivers drive around (counter clockwise if you drive on the right side of the road, probably clockwise if you drive on the left) so traffic flows better? Apparently roundabout isn't the standard term.
Roundabout! What else could you call it?

What do you call the red table sauce with a sweet and tangy flavor to it that derives from tomatoes?

What do you call deep friend thinly cut salty slices of potatoes?

A lot of people who aren't fluent in English refer to ketchup as tomatoes, and french fries as potatoes or chips. Which honestly makes more sense but **** it, this is America and we have french fires FREEDOM fries here.

The things you learn at McDonalds.

Last edited:

#HBC | Dancer

That really is the most ridiculous thing. It's like calling all condiments "Heinz ketchup."
Well it actually has to do with how we ring up orders.

Customers who walk in get the soda themselves, we just give them the cup. The easiest drink option to ring up on our registers is coke because it's the furthest to the left, and all sodas cost the same. So whenever someone asks for a specific drink, we just ring up a coke because it honestly doesn't matter, and because you're always ringing it up as coke you get into the habit of always calling it coke.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Okay, but they do the same thing at the McDonald's in the midwest (or at least around my specific vicinity in the midwest) and we still don't call everything "coke."

I get how it's a company thing. I don't get how it's a regional thing.

sidebar: I watched a couple of episodes of America's Secret Slang yesterday because I'm an interesting person who does interesting things, and it was kind of enlightening. None of it answered this burning question though.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Have you ever called a tissue a kleenex?
Or a cotton swab a Q-tip?
Sure. But it's not the same thing.

Kleenex is a brand of tissue. Q-tip is a brand of cotton swab. Band-aid is a brand of bandages.

Coke is a brand of cola. Sprite is not a cola. Sunkist is not a cola. The same way mustard is not a type of ketchup.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
No, there aren't.

Hummus is a sauce? Yeah right, pretty sure that's a paste. A delicious edible paste.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Roundabout or Rotary, I've heard both. I think Rotary is the official term though.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Would be interested to see where a Canadian/European/whatever else we have back here Dgamer would get placed on that map.

Top Bottom