• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
hey guys my brain is better at remembering things im interested in over things i am almost forced to be taught too

can i join the cool club now?? i used to know a lot about world of warcraft :lick:
i'll send you the commemorative "cool kids" t-shirt

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So anybody download dat Bravely Default demo?

'Spretty sweet. I've spent about half my time so far just kind of ******* around with the jobs, abilities, and equipping systems just trying to figure out how it all comes together. So far, it seems pretty deep. Also, bosses absolutely beat the snot outta you if you don't make smart use of Default (and preferably have the right jobs assigned). Really looking forward to the full game.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Square Enix and Silicon Studio.

The demo is fun, the battles are very challenging, and the enemies really know how to piss me off. You're gonna have to spend more time playing the game and gathering people, leveling up the characters and know what you're doing. Otherwise, you're on a really messy start.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It actually reminds me of Golden Sun in a lot of ways.

Which is a very good thing.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, as far as surface level stuff, the presentation just feels very reminiscent of Golden Sun to me. The battle screen and the overworld are laid out in a very similar manner to Golden Sun, and since that's primarily what makes up the demo, it's something I can't help but notice.

But even in terms of enemy encounters, the Brave/Default system adds a fluidity to the combat that reminds me of the djinn system in Golden Sun. In a lot of RPGs, combat is pretty standard and rigid. Your characters make progress over the course of the game, but individual battles are pretty predictable—your characters are capable of specific things throughout the battle. But the Brave/Default system is sort of like the djinn system in that is changes what your characters are capable of from turn to turn. In Golden Sun, the state of the djinn you have set to your characters determines what kinds of abilities and summons that character is capable of in that moment. Similarly, characters in Bravely Default have certain abilities available to them when they keep their BP (Brave Points?) above 0, which you can build up through passive abilities or by waiting through a turn by Defaulting (defending, essentially). It makes each turn feel a lot more dynamic than most other turn-based RPGs.

Obviously it isn't exactly the same—there doesn't seem to be any out of battle puzzle solving that GS is famous for, and the jobs system in Bravely Default is where most of the variety comes from rather than djinn collecting, but there's definitely some similar vibes here.

Then there's stuff that's totally different that's still really cool, like the equipping system. You can give characters two weapons, allowing them to attack with both in a turn, or swap one out for a shield to increase defense and evasiveness, or leave one hand entirely empty if the character in question has an ability that benefits from that, etc. And every piece of weaponry or armor that you equip to each character can have a different effect on their stats depending on what kind of class they are. Sometimes equipping two weapons brings their overall damage potential lower than if they simply had one.

Basically, it's a micro manager's dream.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Top 25 drunkest cities list came out.

Providence RI hit number 10

Boston Number 1

:^)

So proud of what my cities managed to accomplish, this is a great honor.. I think I might have a drink to celebrate.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Shall we use our new powers to summon @Evil Eye, @ Tom Tom , @frozenflame751, @Macman, @mentosman8, @Ronike, @DtJ Jungle and lots of other OGs? Who knows - they might be down to play!

:059:
Happy 1000th page, DGames Social!

@Eor
@ Tom Tom @marshy @Xiivi @DtJ S2n
@Evil Eye @Matunas @Chaco @Ronike @karthik_king @ #HBC | ZoZo #HBC | ZoZo @Dastrn @Xatres @ChiboSempai @Nix2100 @Kirbyoshi @Pythag @DtJ Jungle @Teran @Steel @Mediocre @Handorin
@Macman @Riddle @ligolski @mentosman8 @M3D @Chill @M.K @DtJ Hilt @Mayling @McFox @Praxis @Kataefi @Airgemini @Yaya @frozenflame751 @Pierre the Scarecrow @Rockin @Kirby King @tmw_redcell @Xsyven @Scav @Omis @Flipstar @spam_master @The Phazon Assassin @camo-man @Wikipedia @sheepyman
@adumbrodeus @Overswarm @SwordsRbroken @Gheb_01 @Cello_Marl @Ryker @ Circus Circus @vanderzant @Omni @Zεη @ KevinM KevinM @Purple @TigerWoods @Sir Bedevere @Ignatius @Virgilijus
@Super Smash Bros. Fan @Sworddancer. @Clownbot @Tandora @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf @smargaret @Red Ryu @ Sephiroths Masamune Sephiroths Masamune @Delvro @Rajam @SkylerOcon @T-block @UTDZac @vVv Choice @smashman90
@-Masquerain- @ Nicholas1024 Nicholas1024 @EdreesesPieces @Swiss @X1-12 @giraffelasergun @Inferno3044 @Dark Horse @DtJ Glyphmoney @ Vinylic. Vinylic. @th3kuzinator @ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe @ BSL BSL @ Gova Gova @J @rPSIvysaur @John2k4 @Jim Morrison @-Vocal-
@Asdioh @ JTB JTB @DanGR @Ranmaru @Acrostic @felipe_9595 @July @Oki @Top Ranger Skye @SummonerAU @Seikend @ #HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup @Beat! @Luxor @Fire! @asianaussie @hidajiremi @Ryunnosuke @Werekill @Terywj [태리] @ Kantrip Kantrip @Krystedez @ Raziek Raziek @ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry @Shadow Moth @traveling cat @Shinarouji @Vult Redux @soaring-raptor-blast @TBG @Today @ #HBC | BadWolf #HBC | BadWolf
@Panta @Armor @HipsterSister @Reyth @The Paprika Killer @Fastblade5035 @ToasterBrains @finalark @ Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake @Orboknown @BarDulL @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 @ #HBC | Joker #HBC | Joker @Kary @thethirdkoopa @sneakytako @Sokr @SangfroidWarrior @Ori_bro @pawndidater2 @ScaryLB59 @Xiroey @GaGa @Turazrok
@HepAlien

Memory coupled with namesearching. Sorry If I've missed you!
Let's party hard. Here's to more in the new year!​

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
it would be fun to play with you all again but that's about it. i'm working on so much other stuff that i would either neglect the game or neglect my other interests, and we all know how that ends.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Side Lane Mafia is gold something right now, but we haven't done 5s since before I left for the holidays

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Side Lane Mafia is gold something right now, but we haven't done 5s since before I left for the holidays
sorry bby

i'm comin' back soon, though you gotta hold down my spot for a week or so while my comp finally gets actually fixed.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Bronze 1 because i never play ranked and got placed there after the 10 matches you do to get placed (i won 5/6 iirc). After that i stopped caring. I know i could carry myself to gold based on me beating my gold friends / other golds and playing with a diamond bro of mine and not feeding like mad, but im too lazy.

Last edited:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
[11:49:20 PM] That Yung Kev Tho: Remember guys
[11:49:33 PM] That Yung Kev Tho: capitlization is the difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse
[11:50:17 PM] That Yung Kev Tho: and jerking off your brother because you think he looks cute

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
How about we move away from the blatantly sexual jokes, please? :)

Otherwise I'll have to go through and change the capitalization to make it less lewd.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
what's wrong with helping your uncle jack off a horse? he probably has bad legs.

Top Bottom