• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
fahrenheit though. i've never got that at all.
See, Fahrenheit's the one thing I'll defend. Yeah, the freezing and boiling points seem a little more arbitrary (though it's really not difficult to remember 32 and 212), because it's not based on water like Celsius is. But just in terms of day-to-day communication, it's perfect.

"How warm is it outside?"

"In the 70's; it's beautiful."

Each cluster of ten indicates a pretty easy to understand idea for the temperature. I know that if it's in the 40's or 50's it's going to be pretty cool. 60's and 70's are pretty much the sweet spot. 80's is getting to hot and if it's 90 or above, I basically don't want to be outside. You can have a general idea of the temperature for the day and still have a pretty accurate grasp on what it's going to feel like. Plus, you don't end up with crazy scary numbers like ****ing -40 in the winter.

Of course this is still all relative. Since it's winter, it's been freezing around here, so the occasional 40 degree day we had a couple weeks ago felt balmy.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I know, but emotions can screw with logic hard, and it'd suck to see anyone fall flat on their face cuz emotions drove a decision. I always think it's good to have people question you, so you know that those questions exist at all, ya feel me?
Fair enough.

Though living with people that make your life that hard to deal with is murder on your mental health. If Acro would rather work inhuman hours than spend time at home, that's a pretty clear indicator that leaving sooner rather than later is probably better. If his relationship with his mother is one that involves him keeping his income a secret from her, and her being so unable to accept it that she feels the need to find out by force, then that's pretty dysfunctional.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
See, Fahrenheit's the one thing I'll defend. Yeah, the freezing and boiling points seem a little more arbitrary (though it's really not difficult to remember 32 and 212), because it's not based on water like Celsius is. But just in terms of day-to-day communication, it's perfect.

"How warm is it outside?"

"In the 70's; it's beautiful."

Each cluster of ten indicates a pretty easy to understand idea for the temperature. I know that if it's in the 40's or 50's it's going to be pretty cool. 60's and 70's are pretty much the sweet spot. 80's is getting to hot and if it's 90 or above, I basically don't want to be outside. You can have a general idea of the temperature for the day and still have a pretty accurate grasp on what it's going to feel like. Plus, you don't end up with crazy scary numbers like ****ing -40 in the winter.

Of course this is still all relative. Since it's winter, it's been freezing around here, so the occasional 40 degree day we had a couple weeks ago felt balmy.
are...

wow

rare footage of circus trolling

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Is it so difficult to believe that I don't think America does everything wrong?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I work on average around 75 hours a week with two jobs. I'm out of school with no debt from college because I applied to a lot of scholarships and had very high SAT scores and attended my state university. When I graduated I was SOL because to find a decent paying job in my sectors kids usually get their masters, but at that point I was like **** that and I just wanted to work. Through a serious of awful events I ended up having to work from the bottom on a retail level and have been gradually been saving enough money to move out on my own for the past year and a half. Long term is that I want to attend medical school, however short term is that I want to finish the career that I've started i.e. making max pay and finishing up all my certs/credentials.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
It is NOT nice outside when it's 70 degrees Celsius.

And no America doesn't do everything wrong we actually rock compared to most places and IMO people only ***** about us cuz, well, it's cool to.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It is freezing literally

or is that the same thing as 70 degrees celsius?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
its difficult to believe you actually consider that an argument when i can just replace every time you write fahrenheit with celsius
I find that hard to believe.

If we're going by Celsius, and you ask me what the temperature is, and my response is "in the teens all day," you're telling me that's enough information on which you can base your clothing choices for the day? Because if I'm looking at proper conversion here, the difference between 13 and 19 degrees would be at least one layer of clothing for me. And that's only a 6 degree difference. The difference between 13 and 19 in Fahrenheit is "brr its ****in cold wear everything you have."

I mean, this is not a big deal, but I think my point is pretty understandable.

It is NOT nice outside when it's 70 degrees Celsius.

And no America doesn't do everything wrong we actually rock compared to most places and IMO people only ***** about us cuz, well, it's cool to.
This is why it's cool to hate us.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
hey jerkus how's the chilly weather treating you in your neck of the woods

it's ****ing cold here obviously but damn everything is closed and it's great i can just stay home and sleep in

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
And here on the left we can see Dark Horse continuing to talk **** about my /mu/ browsing habit (a habit that hasn't existed for many months), meanwhile, according to the /mu/ archive, he used to be an irrelevant trip***. Like, really, sit the **** down, bro.

As for Luigitoilet, it kinda comforts me to know I'll never be as angry and pissed off with the world as much as he is. Not sure what else to say about that manchild.

What.cd is still down. I'm gettin' worried, gentlemen.
who cares if you visit /mu/ or not.

LT is chill and rules. you must kinda suck?

nobody cares if your torrent site is down. you keep dropping these irrelevant torrent site urls into your posts. its odd. dont you know that nobody cares. babby's first private websites?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
hey jerkus how's the chilly weather treating you in your neck of the woods

it's ****ing cold here obviously but damn everything is closed and it's great i can just stay home and sleep in
I can deal with the cold; it's the snow that's bumming me out. When I've got the day off (like today) and can spend it on here and playing video games all day, it's fine, but otherwise it's super annoying.

Snow was an interesting idea, but I think it was executed poorly. It looks pretty, but it hinders the player too often for no reason and makes travel feel a lot more sluggish than it should. Hopefully Nature learns from these lessons and makes Weather 2 a more streamlined experience. 6/10

#HBC | ѕoup

i opened up the slider for a minute because i was feeling brave for like 5 seconds and wanted to see how cold it really was and i really regret that decision this weather is not to be messed with

#HBC | ѕoup

vernors is great and everyone is missing out

let's piss people off that isn't from the midwest with our pronunciation of soft drinks with the word "pop"

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I hate vernors, but that's because I dislike all ginger ales. Faygo though, awwww yea :) Yall don't know about Faygo.

It's called "pop" though, mother****ers. "Pop", and "Soda pop" are acceptable, but if you just say "Soda" you are a heathen.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
oh god not again

bad enough we actually got into the Metric/Date/everything topic just now

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't mean to alarm anyone... but there's ice on the INSIDE of my windowsills today all over the house.

House is warm, but that's still really uncool. (guess we should get those window seals replaced someday)

EDIT @Soup: I'm even in the smack middle of the midwest and our particular region doesn't usually call it pop. Though if you go far enough in any direction eventually it will be (unsure on Illinois)

EDIT2:
Plus, you don't end up with crazy scary numbers like ****ing -40 in the winter.
It's -20 F for me right now lul
(but that's atypical, even for this region)

Last edited:

Handorin

Smash Hero
I hate vernors, but that's because I dislike all ginger ales. Faygo though, awwww yea :) Yall don't know about Faygo.

It's called "pop" though, mother****ers. "Pop", and "Soda pop" are acceptable, but if you just say "Soda" you are a heathen.
At least it isn't as bad as everyone around me calling all carbonated beverages Coke. It's a Sprite/Fanta/Whatever. Not a Coke.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Whoa dude. It is coke. What kind of coke do you want? A coca cola? A sprite? A fanta?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Lmfao it's soda down here in miami get @ me

Oh also it's 50 degrees and I hate it why must it ever drop lower than 65 I mean like holy shiz. I'm a big fan of 80-90 degree weather but that's cuz I've lived here all my life. Anything lower than 80 requires jeans minimum.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I find that hard to believe.

If we're going by Celsius, and you ask me what the temperature is, and my response is "in the teens all day," you're telling me that's enough information on which you can base your clothing choices for the day?
A phrase like that doesn't occur any day ever in the world of Celsius.

"What's the temperature like today?"

"It's 10 this morning, high of 14 at noon, low of 8 tonight."

"Thanks. What you've just said gives me all the information I needed to know, because I'm used to the particular temperature system we generally use in this country."

"No problem. It sure is wonderful that we live in an age wherein people understand that systems of measurement invented by humanity are arbitrary, that being an inherent characteristic of such socio-scientific constructs."

"My grandmother told me it was "in the seventies all day" this morning. I think she might have dementia."

vernors is great and everyone is missing out
You sent this **** up to Canada and we've never forgiven you.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lmfao it's soda down here in miami get @ me

Oh also it's 50 degrees and I hate it why must it ever drop lower than 65 I mean like holy shiz. I'm a big fan of 80-90 degree weather but that's cuz I've lived here all my life. Anything lower than 80 requires jeans minimum.
Do you want me to take some pictures of the ice on the inside of my windows to make you feel better?

EDIT: I laughed at Nabe's grandmother's dementia

Handorin

Smash Hero
Whoa dude. It is coke. What kind of coke do you want? A coca cola? A sprite? A fanta?
Can I have a coke?
Sure what kind do you want?
The appropriate answer to the second question should be a variant of coke. Ie. diet, cherry, vanilla, etc. and not sprite or whatever.

I've lived in the south most of my life and it's probably my largest lingual pet peeves. >_>

Top Bottom