• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Archive & MVPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
My bad. I was under the assumption you were calling the DGames mods faceticious, not your own statement.

woops.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It would be cool if MVP+2 was still regular dice, MVP+3 was silver, and MVP+5 was golden.

Golden juggs on players like me and X1 is misleading. Especially on x1.

ikidyu. But seriously that would be a cool thing to do.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yeah, we need more dice tiers. Red for 1, Bronze for 2-3, Silver for 4-5, and Gold for 6+.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
That seems like a great idea, but personally, I don't believe in taking this away from people who have earned them. Having gold, then losing it, not cool.

Besides, anyone who has gold dice deserves them and is golden in my book :)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Besides, anyone who has gold dice deserves them and is golden in my book :)
This statement requires you to respect me.

Don't think you're ready to take that step :p

EDIT: unjokingly speaking, though, I agree with Tom. It is kind of a flaw in the idea.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I think Golden dice should be harder to get.

Two good games don't equate to being good at the game. I got MVP in my first two games purely because I'm good as scum. But I'd never even played as town and it took me several games to become decent. Did I really deserve Gold dice? Not imho.

'Course I deserve them now - I'm fantastic.

Anyway, if you really deserved your golden dice, you'll have no issues getting them again.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
It's just not cool to redefine what someone needs to do to reach a goal after they have already reached it imo. However if the consensus really is different then I obviously wouldn't fuss.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I'm also of the thought that gold dice should be harder to get, I got mine before I was actually good at this game imo, I've improved so much since then.

Its possible we could just pretend that gold dice have been yellow all along, and add different colours for MVP3 and MVP4 etc

X1-12

Smash Champion
Its just that I look back at both of the games where I got MVP and cringe at how much better I could have played

Kuzmaru

Smash Rookie
Yeah I can't really brag about my dice... Town gave it to me.

Although, I know that my second dice would be much harder to get, since I know what I should do in play.

: D

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Dude you got your dice from newbie mafias, lol. Newbie MVP twice. You should get like... a gold star sticker instead of gold dice.

Looking back at how I got my red was pretty hilarious. Popcorn mafia. Scum was pretty obvious since Xonar got counterclaimed + SRB's easy to meta. I was joking around about how I flipped a coin to figure out SRB was scum and stuff. I don't think I presented any real evidence against him until I actually had control of the gun. Just that my coin flipping skills told me I'm right.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Heh. My red dice are legit, from DBZ mafia. Although, 80% of the reason I did so well that game was because I read Cello as town, and supported him through the lynch of all the mafia members.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dude you got your dice from newbie mafias, lol. Newbie MVP twice. You should get like... a gold star sticker instead of gold dice.

Looking back at how I got my red was pretty hilarious. Popcorn mafia. Scum was pretty obvious since Xonar got counterclaimed + SRB's easy to meta. I was joking around about how I flipped a coin to figure out SRB was scum and stuff. I don't think I presented any real evidence against him until I actually had control of the gun. Just that my coin flipping skills told me I'm right.
I know. ;-; That's why I can't brag about it lol.

Also, I mean in a non-newbie game I would feel better about getting dice. : ]

But I'll take a sticker too. :p

Clownbot

Smash Lord
If the player who gets the dice was a Newbie I don't see how getting dice for a Newbie game is any less legitimate.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
If the player who gets the dice was a Newbie I don't see how getting dice for a Newbie game is any less legitimate.
We gotta defend those newbie dice, yayay?

Its possible we could just pretend that gold dice have been yellow all along, and add different colours for MVP3 and MVP4 etc
I acutally thought about this, and figured that it's probably for the best that it remains as it is now. Having golden dice shows you're a skilled player, and I think that should be good enough. Once you start giving several different types of die out, then it might turn into a constant competetion to get higher level dice just to distingrish yourself. That's not neccasirly a bad thing, mind you, I just don't want people being like "my MVP level is 4 and yours is only 2 lololol" and what not.

Agreed though that MVP should be harder to get in general. I've seen many a games that probably really shouldn't of had an MVP in them and yet still got one.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, I don't mind having a 4 to look up to. It would show Consistency. : D

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty apathetic about the whole thing. I wouldn't mind adding more "levels" so to speak for MVP titles or whatever, and I don't really think changing "gold" dice to something higher is that big of a deal. It's not like we'd be resetting MVP counts and taking away the fact that people had gotten X number of MVPs prior. All that'd be doing is changing the color of the award for having that many MVP performances, not the idea behind the award itself, which is to represent a number of stellar performances. The color is just kind of a bonus I guess.

At the same time keeping things as they are now isn't that big a deal either, but it may get kind of old or become diluted and thus lose its meaning as we play more and more games with the same people over and over. Not that it's a problem if lots of different people are winning MVP awards (that's definitely what we want, shows healthy balanced community development), but it would look kind of dumb if the majority of players in Dgames had gold dice. It's kind of like good gear in MMOs. At first, having the really good gear is really impressive and looks cool because only the best players have it and it's not wide spread, but eventually, since the best players eventually hit an "award ceiling" so to speak (like gold dice), everyone else catches up over time and then the good gear doesn't mean so much any more.

Just food for thought. Whatever works, I'm just happy we are even able to have an MVP award system in the first place.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Eh, it doesn't matter too much. The dice don't mean anything. Some people get them from newbie games, which doesn't matter at all. Others get them for being complete and total mastermind players. Others get them for only being scum, while others get them for only being town. Other get their dice when someone else also did ridiculously well, just not as well, while others still get their dice when everyone else sucked.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Looks like your MVP's are all old. Get with the metagame, Gheb. Yer all warshed up.

Also you only have one MVP from a solo account?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Looks like your MVP's are all old. Get with the metagame, Gheb. Yer all warshed up.

Also you only have one MVP from a solo account?
Lol, this kid. Go back to school and learn to count :appropriate smiley:

Also if this new dice thang does happen I want my MVP from Discworld (I nominate myself), if not idc. All about the glitz.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Aw I didn't know Swiss finally found someone to carry him over the threshold. Good job finally finding someone to take care of you Swiss.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sounds like you finally found a girl. See, I told you Swiss. : D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom