• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denti

Smash Master
thing is d phat ;D i just broke then all time record ever at my work for more tips than anyone else has ever made tonight, they even let me off early for it. :D well i am like a freshman in college and live with my parents so i dont have anything i gota pay for except food and gas, scholarships and everything else pays itself lol... i just have minimum wage plus super tips :) in theory i make around 15$-20$ an hour which is fenominal money for my age. by tomorrow i should have most of it back in tips anyways.. i think i'll buy an HDTV tomorrow if tips are just as good, i LOVE my life sometimes

edit: i totally didn't answer your question. yes i need to buy it all on games! I'm a collector of games and systems and other weird stuff.. lol

Suspect

Smash Hero
what tier is gamestop's buy 2 used get 1 used game free? i just went in there with 200$ SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many good games :) i cant stop smiling.
Ha, i used to work there...

i mean its a pretty good deal i guess, buy 3 used games and get the cheapest one for free.

And since they are used, if you dont like them you can return them within 7 days to get another game of the same price used.

Like dphat said tho, i can think of tons of other more important/better things to get with $200 bucks...

Denti

Smash Master
hey now! lolol. if i played more wario's then yes i would! but you probably have tricks down i haven't practiced fighting yet :( but everyone goes MK on Oli, i barley lose to MKs when i focus. so if you go MK i'll do a 20$ MM lol

edit: it is an amazing deal to me! because i would buy 2 expensive games and get another expensive one for free :) then so on and so on with the cheaper games. it just stacks if you got lots of money imo. especially with an edge discount card.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
I gave blood and proceeded to spring a leak after I took the badage off 3 hours later.. >.>
OMG u r fragile like eggs
and DENTI we need to compare collections i got like every good snes game. Also recently my MOM ****in stumbled on some games at a flea market. got mega man x, secret of mana, and mario rpg all in the box for 5$ i blew my lode

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Everyone has there own view on what is "more important, or Better things"

Nothing wrong at all if you drop 200 bones on games. If you got the cash flow, why not?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You can play with money. Take a Dollar Bill and see how many different shapes you can make out of it. You can also make it into a Paper Football and play with that.

Besides, money is a top tier gift. Do you want your employer to pay you in shoes, clothes, video games, etc? No. Most likely, you would prefer them to give you money for your hard work.

$500 in cash is worth more than a $500 gift.
Simple Dollar General gifts and items you aren't interested in are low tier. They make you question your friend's knowledge of you and your relationship with that person. (This inevitably led to me breaking up with my last girlfriend, who gave me a pocket watch from the gift shop she worked at for Christmas...I hate wearing watches.)

Store gift cards are mid tier. They give you the options of money without the options of the store of your choosing. The person is basically saying I have an idea what you like...but I have no idea what exactly to get you. So, I'll get you a gift card that shows that I know you...just not that well lol.

Money on disposable debit cards and slightly thoughtful gifts are high tier. Disposable debit cards give you the options of going to any place you want to go and buy whatever you want. However, it's a hassle to figure out how much money you have left. This person wants to give you money, but feels that cash is tacky. Also, slightly thoughtful gifts affirm your relationship and give you a few hours of enjoyment.

Money and extremely thoughtful gifts are top tier. Money gives you all the versatility you could imagine. You could save it, spend it, or give it to someone else. Everyone accepts it. Extremely thoughtful gifts not only affirm your relationship but makes it grow. These are the gifts that you keep the entirety of your relationship and possibly longer, depending on the gift. This is the Medakni of gifts.

There you have it lol
These.

I'd have much rather gotten the value of the gifts I received this year in money than the gifts themselves.

Money is no doubt the best gift you can ever give someone.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
@Damien - did you know there's a romance novel named after you? :p You're a vampire and you apparently get it on with the Lycanthrope Princess you rescue.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
OMG u r fragile like eggs
and DENTI we need to compare collections i got like every good snes game. Also recently my MOM ****in stumbled on some games at a flea market. got mega man x, secret of mana, and mario rpg all in the box for 5$ i blew my lode
While i am thankful i have had those games since they originally came out... MY GOSH..... that sure is amazing. So is your mom. AAAAAACCCCCCOOOOORRRRRRNNNN

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
no espy, not these. Just say something like regarding best gifts for xmas...I believe money is the best. Plzzzz do it for poppy!

@Damien - did you know there's a romance novel named after you? :p You're a vampire and you apparently get it on with the Lycanthrope Princess you rescue.
Are you talking about Underworld: Rise of the Lycans? If so, I had no part in that movie. Also, book/movie producers name characters Damien if the person looks white and IS evil or looks black and IS good. Evil=the whole reincarnation of satan in an innocent looking boy. Good=Wesley snipes in the whole vampire slaying series. Which reminds me, the oldest girl on 7th heaven series is fine as hell.

I finished doing my crossword puzzle this morning and came across -Moneybags-(2 words) and instantly tried to see if infinite money fit :)

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Haha no. The actual title of the book was "Damien" and it was a romance novel based on Vampires and Lycans.
I used to read comic books from Barnes&Nobles about humans with mutant powers. Fun stuff if you got a ton of time to kill. As far as romance in literature goes, I've read the rates of a hooker around a pool hall in east ft.worth.

Also, shortstacking in poker is ****ing broken. I <3 it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Only have enough for 5 more Big Blinds? Screw it, I'm all in.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Who is going to FS8? I NEED a partner for that if Andy is not going (Duffman said he isn't, haven't confirmed with Andy or not).

Actually I also need a ride for that too now that I think about it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dangit Andy drops me for everyone.

ANDY, WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DROP ME? BAD THINGS ANDY!!!! HEED THESE WORDS!!!!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dphat we were thrown off since we assumed you were not able to go lol.

Basically PX and I were going to team for FS8 in the event that you could not go. Assuming you want/do go to FS8, you have the option of teaming with either of us, or teaming with someone else. We are leaving this up to you.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I don't believe I'll be working Saturdays anymore (not too sure my boss wasn't too certain), but the likelihood of me attending FS8 will depend on whether i work Friday and if I do would anyone be able to drive Saturday morning. And if I do attend I think I want to team with someone who is looking to become static partner as of now I believe DMG is willing to become my static partner unless PX is interested.

Duffman0615

Smash Rookie
sup everyone, was just wondering if there are still any smashfests going around the city of dallas? i know FS8 is upon us and HOBO as well , but just wanting to get together for an evening smashing it up!. anyone?

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
DANG queen size air mattress? I got a queen size sleeping bag (***** is big i can fit 3 of me in there). :)
And yea if anyone wants to do something tomorrow CALL ME, CALL ME, CALL ME and if I don't answer it's either you aren't invited or I'm busy, so I'll let you decide which one it is :). Anyways I think Shuz is coming over tomorrow to get some tekken games in but if some brawlers want to come and join us I'm sure I can fire up my wii for a couple of games.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
DANG queen size air mattress? I got a queen size sleeping bag (***** is big i can fit 3 of me in there). :)
And yea if anyone wants to do something tomorrow CALL ME, CALL ME, CALL ME and if I don't answer it's either you aren't invited or I'm busy, so I'll let you decide which one it is :). Anyways I think Shuz is coming over tomorrow to get some tekken games in but if some brawlers want to come and join us I'm sure I can fire up my wii for a couple of games.
lol guest of honor!

are any denton people gonna be on campus new years eve? i have to be up there at 10 pm but i would like to go up there earlier, maybe hangout and play some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom