• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Wait, didn't Dphat win you guys' last MM. Even after you CP'd Japes?
...unrelated stuff...
it could of went either way but he won in a close 2-1. i will note i later 2 stocked him in a friendly.

btw didn't i beat you in tourney at HOBO 10? ^_^

but it's all good, i love DALLAS but you guys just suck.
It could have went either way but you won in a close 2-1

XD I'll get you next time, CY!!

Oh, and btw: I thought melee1 said he was turning over a new leaf? What's with the renewed drama? Money Matches everywhere!!

Wait, are we in the Houston thread?
/off topic

Dphat, I need a way to get to your place. Normally I get a lift from Zac, but that's not an option this time around. I like the idea of leaving early, though.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Foursaken.editingSkillIncrease();
Freakin' java. I hate the stuff. All them objects n classes n methods n whatnot (don't; forget; the; trailing; semi; colon; either; ). I spent 3 hours writing java programs for homework tonight.

Is anything happening (brawl related) friday in dallas? I was kinda hopin there was, cuz I had like 3 other friends all getting excited for dphats. If theres no dphats then I'm going to need to like host something or find somewhere to entertain 3 people with brawl. Last weekend was hella boring, I had like 5 different friends over scattered and overlapping from friday to the end of sunday. Fighting the same 2 or 3people over and over for like 20 hrs gets boring.

What can I do to make my friends better? I have like 2 friends who want to go semi-pro. I've taught them all the AT's I know for their characters. Seriously I spent like 5 hrs reviewing DAC's and CGing into dairs for a falco friend, I guess I need to teach him SHDLs next. But really though, I don't know what to do with them or tell them. Mostly I've just been fighting them and telling them when and when not to do stuff when they mess up, and then referring them to youtube videos. Is there anything else I can do? They really do want to become good, but they're just not there yet.

Tbh my friends are so lucky they can brawl with someone better than them on a regular basis, I really envy them. Being better then all your friends and then being like "ehh" with real brawlers is so annoying and unbeneficial.

CY

Smash Ace
Remember when DPhat hit both you and your partner with a tipper on Corneria when you decided to **** around the ledge in the doubles tourney? Yeah, that was great. :)
remember when you got off dphat's salty nuts?

oh wait, hasn't happened yet. get out of here kid, i don't wanna have to 3 stock another scrub.

i don't really care about doubles, it went to the last match anyway so i don't really care. corneria was beyond gay so we pretty much gave up on that.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
remember when you got off dphat's salty nuts?

oh wait, hasn't happened yet. get out of here kid, i don't wanna have to 3 stock another scrub.

dphat, you got lucky in our MM, all i'm gonna say.
Well.. if you feel that way CY I think we should have another mm, Also TakeUrLife if you would like a mm also just post it here buddy.

CY

Smash Ace
Well.. if you feel that way CY I think we should have another mm, Also TakeUrLife if you would like a mm also just post it here buddy.
i'm only doing $1 MMs, i seriously don't have a lot of money with no job anymore. i have to pay for doubles, singles, gas, food, crews, etc.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
i'm only doing $1 MMs, i seriously don't have a lot of money with no job anymore. i have to pay for doubles, singles, gas, food, crews, etc.
GTFO man ... john john john.. if you don't want to lose $5 to me again then just admit it. Well we can just do 5 $1 mm so I can humiliate you over, and over, and over, and over,... and i guess OVER again :).

CY

Smash Ace
GTFO man ... john john john.. if you don't want to lose $5 to me again then just admit it. Well we can just do 5 $1 mm so I can humiliate you over, and over, and over, and over,... and i guess OVER again :).
you barely beat me in a 60-40 match up. GTFO, i'm not scared to play anyone, but i don't want to spend all my money at a ****ing video game tournament. i need to buy other stuff like lube for bear's mom.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
I'd play in Crew Battles at PBT too, I just hope enough people show up. HOBO will probably steal a decent portion of the crowd.

Santi

Smash Lord
you barely beat me in a 60-40 match up. GTFO, i'm not scared to play anyone, but i don't want to spend all my money at a ****ing video game tournament. i need to buy other stuff like lube for bear's mom.
You wont be spending it if you win
=)

*runs away after poking the fire*

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Uh, my mother doesn't have a d**c, so I don't know why you are interested in her.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
DP, don't pressure people into MMs. The last time I showed up you wouldn't play a serious match with me unless it was a MM, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much money that night. Ultimately I only agreed because I had expected to spend another $5 in the doubles tournament before Rob and I decided we didn't want to. Some people just aren't so keen on spending money. Hell, I wasn't even so sure of myself until I got pretty far in the tournament and saw that my skills were alright that night (BTW, Fogo & Ice, I'm taking one of you down eventually).

DallasPhat

Smash Master
How is a MM spending money? It's gambling buddy, anyways pretty easy to just say no to the MM. People say no to a MM what am I supposed to do? Egg them on? That's stupid I'll just respect their wishes and leave them be it's as simple as that Bob. Anyways... I don't think I'm pressuring anyone... I asked and if they say yes so be it.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Count me in for the Denton side of the crew battle. Me and Dizzi are 100% onboard, and I'm waiting for confirmation from the other three who are coming.

Portal 2 looks epic, and I wish I could play it right now.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow, lots of interest for the crew battles! I'm sure Kirby kid and a few other up at PBT will be interested as well. Lets up the anty. How about 5 dollars? :laugh:

But as of now, it's..

N00b cru

Foursaken
Ruddy
Awestin
Jingo
Shuz

Vs.

...The world.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Count me in for the Denton side of the crew battle. Me and Dizzi are 100% onboard, and I'm waiting for confirmation from the other three who are coming.

Portal 2 looks epic, and I wish I could play it right now.
i'm down for crews

*knives*

Smash Apprentice
Well its pretty official that I am coming back mr nota so give me a call sometime either this week or next week. I havent touched Brawl since I have been over here. Work and all. But ****...its brawl. Not like it takes skill....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom