• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played poot in months. Then again, I'm feeling lazy and don't want to drive more than a couple of miles.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
You know, Fogo, I just read the OP; according to the official Shotgun rules, you can't call shotgun until you are within eyeshot of the car. Just thought I'd give you a heads-up when someone snipes your shotgun on a technicality. :chuckle:

Oh, and about how many people think they can make it to the bi-weekly? I'm curious so I know if I need to get more chips/dips or anything. Plus, just in case people didn't know, if you are a Houston player displaced by Ike, feel free to come. We'd love to have you (I'll post in the Houston thread, too).

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
You know, Fogo, I just read the OP; according to the official Shotgun rules, you can't call shotgun until you are within eyeshot of the car. Just thought I'd give you a heads-up when someone snipes your shotgun on a technicality. :chuckle:

Oh, and about how many people think they can make it to the bi-weekly? I'm curious so I know if I need to get more chips/dips or anything. Plus, just in case people didn't know, if you are a Houston player displaced by Ike, feel free to come. We'd love to have you (I'll post in the Houston thread, too).
http://www.shotgunrules.com/

Not true, all the official rules state is that the "deed must be done." Typically the "deed" is whatever is going on, like a smashfest or leaving the gas station. According to the rules, once the deed is done and everyone knows it is when the official time shotgun may be called.

The deed in this case is a carpool. The carpool has been declared and everyone is publicly aware of it and therefore it is officially legal for Fogo to lay claim to the shotgun seat. Biatch.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Oh, wow. I've been misinformed. Good thing my fellow passengers have been as well, though. :laugh:

Oh, wait. Waht about this passage:

"There is no crime greater than calling Shotgun on Monday in reference to the ride to the concert on Friday. Some people choose to play this way, and they are fools. "

Also from shotgunrules.com

DEV64

Smash Apprentice

i cant make it this week but next time i can :)

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
In case you haven't seen it yet...

Come to the doubles tourney at the D-Pad on October 18th. The date has been changed. 2 v 2 Swiss system with money match stations set up. Come make Smash history as we push 2 v 2 into the limelight and try out the sexy Swiss system (DE is dumb). All of TX's best will be there.

We've already got two big MMs going. Me vs Hylian for $100 and me vs Fogo for $100. Come attend and add your featured MM to the list and get it put on a Youtube channel with thousands of subscribers.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192677

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
yup. nevermind. i would go but i have to be back earlier that night and I can't make that drive from planotown

Anyone hosting anything tonight meleeish?

i'm still in search of my melee and brawl disc if anyone has heard anything or seen it

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
hey everybody this is DEV64 and i think ill be useing this profile now and will no longer be know as DEV but as Echo.:)

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
By the way, if somebody wants to tell me I suck at Brawl, tell me to my face, don't PM me and tell me online where nobody else can see how much of a **** you are.

Arikado

Smash Rookie
Good **** tonight guys. That doubles tourney was a lot of fun. Team No Homo is just going through some early growing pains. :laugh:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dallas people, two things:

1. I might need a ride to the next HOBO and I will probably need a ride to Lee's doubles tournament. It would be great if I could possible arrange a way to get there to those places through you guys. I am willing to pay for the extra gas and then some.

2. Fogo are you gonna be at the Waco tourney? If so, I was gonna give you my new controller once I go buy it and let you trick it out. I'll let you work your magic on it :) I'll give you the $10 and the controller and I guess when we go to HOBO or Lee's tournament that I can get it back then.

Oracle

Smash Master
Jack, I can't come because my parents are being close minded catholics :(
This sucks. They think that you are a rapist and that everyone else who posted in this thread is just another account of yours. Of course, they're too stupid to realize how ridiculous that sounds.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
What? That's dumb. Is there anything I can do from my end to help, like call or something?

...I seriously sat here and thought about some sort of witty retort about your situation, and I'm so dumbfounded by the sheer ineptitude of the whole thing that I can't think of a single funny thing to say, that's how dumb it is.

EDIT: Oh, and what are the details for the Waco tourney? Waco is a MUCH easier drive than Houston, so I'm resonably sure I'd be able to drive there, as well.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
By the way, if somebody wants to tell me I suck at Brawl, tell me to my face, don't PM me and tell me online where nobody else can see how much of a **** you are.
Has nothing to do with tournaments or smashfests. Keep your disputes in pm format plz. Have a problem with people dissin your game Big Bob? Just throw the word money match in their face. It'll shut em up REAL quick ;).
Also, nobody wants to see how much of a **** anyone is unless they are reading the Houston thread.

Great smashfest last night guys.

DP: Too good with that falcon...You almost made people quit the game after the beasting. Did you find your dog?

Le Thien: Finally got to meet you; was a blast playing you in teams and hope to see you in future tournaments. Stick with that zelda and l2use shiek (against certain characters). F.tilt lock is too good unless they know to smash DI up.

Infinity: I'm interested in gettin some metaknight specific practice in against my metaknight and snake. Hit me up sometime. I think Arikado and I plan on gamin MWF (one of those days) next week.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Hey Jack, this storm might be messing up our little trip down to your fest. It's not THAT bad right now, but I'm just playing it by ear at the moment. So far, we've got a for sure 3 people and 1 set up going, working on the 4th. Just hoping this passes or gets better around this afternoon. :dizzy:

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I hope you guys can make it. I'll be a sad panda if 5 o' clock rolls around and I'm sitting there beating up lvl 1 Jigglypuffs with Ganon. :chuckle:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
EDIT: Oh, and what are the details for the Waco tourney? Waco is a MUCH easier drive than Houston, so I'm resonably sure I'd be able to drive there, as well.
It's on the 20th at Game Closet. There's a thing for it on AiB, just look for WTF 2 or Waco Series. There's probably more info in the Waco thread here.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Infinity: I'm interested in gettin some metaknight specific practice in against my metaknight and snake. Hit me up sometime. I think Arikado and I plan on gamin MWF (one of those days) next week.
Just call me and I'll probably come. If it's Monday I can't until later in like the evening.

Edit -

Oracle

Smash Master
What? That's dumb. Is there anything I can do from my end to help, like call or something?

...I seriously sat here and thought about some sort of witty retort about your situation, and I'm so dumbfounded by the sheer ineptitude of the whole thing that I can't think of a single funny thing to say, that's how dumb it is.

My parents want to make sure that there will be no gambling (MM's) or drinking.

Even then I'll probably have to wait until next time.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, my friends and I will not be able to attend. You can't see a **** thing with all that water on the highway. Sorry Jack.

My suggestion to you is to host it this Saturday if you can, that way more people can come and it'll be safer for everyone.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Aww... sad panda am I. Stupid Ike screwing up the tourney. Ok, I'll go ahead and do this. Since if I held it this week, the progression of weeks would make it so that I'd have to call it off on the 4th (due to HOBO), I'll start them next week, meaning that I just won't be able to go to LeeHarris' 2v2 tourney. So, note to everyone:

Saturday the 20th, there will be a tourney hosted at my place. Again, the bi-weekly has been moved to the 20th.

That's not to say that there won't be stuff happening at my place today, though. If you can make it, I'll have Smash going all night, so go ahead and come. I'd hate to have to beat my roommate all night long. :laugh:

Oh, and 1 w1nged @ngel, give your parents my cell number if you want. If they are willing, I'll talk to them and put their minds at ease. Hopefully we can get you out on the 20th, dude.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Lol Waco and SA are both already having tourney's on the 20th.
I think Gkrew, along with most of dallas, is attending Waco so.... lol. :laugh:

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Dallas people, two things:

1. I might need a ride to the next HOBO and I will probably need a ride to Lee's doubles tournament. It would be great if I could possible arrange a way to get there to those places through you guys. I am willing to pay for the extra gas and then some.

2. Fogo are you gonna be at the Waco tourney? If so, I was gonna give you my new controller once I go buy it and let you trick it out. I'll let you work your magic on it :) I'll give you the $10 and the controller and I guess when we go to HOBO or Lee's tournament that I can get it back then.
DMG Pm me or something and we can arrange something for Hobo since I'm driving and I need, i believe, another 3 people to fill up my car so we can of course arrange something buddy.

Also Side Note: TOO MUCH fun yesterday lol UTDZac falcon = too strong man remember that and Kado.. OMG mm next time again if I recall we broke even BUWAHAHAH :) but yes had a ton of fun I'll definitely try and host this kinda **** more often. And yes team no homo needs to work some stuff out but kado stick with falcon LOL

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Le Thien: Finally got to meet you; was a blast playing you in teams and hope to see you in future tournaments. Stick with that zelda and l2use shiek (against certain characters). F.tilt lock is too good unless they know to smash DI up.
Thanks, man. I was wondering who this d4Ba character that came out of nowhere to lock down 2nd place at HOBO was. =) You have a very deep and thorough understanding of Brawl, and I enjoyed listening to you openly talk through your thought processes mid-match. Who knew MK and Zelda would be so good? =) I enjoy playing Sheik occasionally in singles (as I was a Sheik main in Melee), and sweetspotted U-smashes on platforms are immensely fulfilling. She's pretty terrible in doubles since she only has a chance at victory if she's able to isolate opponents and pressure appropriately, not to mention she has ****ty killing capacity. With Zelda, all I had to do was pick up your slack and use any of my 50 KO moves once you racked up the damage.

Anyway, I'll catch you and the rest of the kids at HOBO 11 and OH SNAP! v4. =) Thanks again for a riveting nine hours of Brawl last night, guys!

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Aww... sad panda am I. Stupid Ike screwing up the tourney. Ok, I'll go ahead and do this. Since if I held it this week, the progression of weeks would make it so that I'd have to call it off on the 4th (due to HOBO), I'll start them next week, meaning that I just won't be able to go to LeeHarris' 2v2 tourney.
My tourney is actually on the 18th now instead of the 11th, so you should be able to come still, right?

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Wha? So many dates; why must they all confuse me?! If the tourney isn't on the 11th, then the only thing stopping me is work! Sweet. I'll see what I can do; asking for 2 weekends off in a row might not fly, but I'll definitely see what I can do.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
Oh said:
this would be great if some 1 could talk some since in to my parents there the reason i cant go to HOBO with yall cause they think yall are not "resposible" or what ever but it dosent matter cause i dont have a ride down to houston yet,since i talked it out with them first and they dont like the fact that id be going there with people they think i dont know and they think yall do drugs and what ever still and they dont like that they havent met yall yet.:(

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
this would be great if some 1 could talk some since in to my parents there the reason i cant go to HOBO with yall cause they think yall are not "resposible" or what ever but it dosent matter cause i dont have a ride down to houston yet since i talked it out with them first and they dont like the fact that id be going there with people i dont know a they think yall do drugs and what ever still and they havent met yall.:(
dsmn it i used the wrong profile to post in any ways yeah my parents are being retared about this and think yall are bad people and theres weird peeps going around on here stelling,kidnaping etc. going on here have u ever heard that from SWF no but mabey Myspace.:mad:

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys.

I'll probably have to sit out for the Waco tournament on the 20th. Money is way too tight and my financial aid is coming about REALLY slowly. As it stands I may not make rent. Unless I have a stroke of divine intervention/hit the lottery/go to a street corner
I won't be going to smash events for awhile.

Sorry for the mooching, guys. I really thought I'd be in the clear by now -_-.
I'd still like to join smashfests provided that I can get rides, however.

I hope things turn around soon. Going to HOBO 10 with you guys was a TOTAL blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom