• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Ha, so did I; my roomate was sitting behind me while I was lol'ing and went, 'Wait... is that Samuel L. Jackson?! That's Snakes on a Plane, isn't it?!'

Oh, and I thought I'd clarify on the bi-weekly situation, since Ike ****ed things up so royally. Since LeeHarris' tourney has been moved and all, I'm keeping the dates as they are now (so, the next tourney will be on the 27th, then the 11th, etc.). I know that some people wanted to come that couldn't, though, so if everyone would like me to, I'd be willing to hold a general smashfest this Sat. (I don't have much of a life on weekends :p) All the usual stuff included (Melee and Brawl, tourneys held if requested, room and board for those who need, etc.).
ill be coming this sat. if u have it i need to get so play time in thats not WiFi.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Attention Dallas Smashers: Foursaken now has the latest version of Print Master. What's print master you ask? A program that does a lot more things then just print. So many, I can't even list them all. But why should you care? Because if your like me, and sometimes can't distinguish who's control is who's, you need some sort of identification. Take Bwett and d4ba for example, they both have little gamer tags over their start buttons. One problem, too plain. Feel like adding some flare to it all? Good, 'cause PM allows me to make some sick *** stickers. Free of charge, just tell me what you guys want, what colors, etc., and I'll try and have them ready next time I see ya'.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
So anyone who's ridden with me in my car knows how crazy I am about my favorite band, their vocals in particular. I found out that the vocalist left the band a few days ago.

Now I'm sad :(

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
I'm feeling nice, so I'm not going to past anything out of line on this account that was left logged in on my computer. :p

-Infinity

Edit - This is post 666. Billy is the devil!

Edit edit - See Eric! Told you!
WTFHax. Infinity is made of Hax.

XD My roommate made this for me after I told him to make a "bad*** one" for me.
I'm glad you guys like it :laugh:

Great sig, tho.

WTF? Is that Bup -> Tech -> do it again? Or is it like Mario's from Melee?

So anyone who's ridden with me in my car knows how crazy I am about my favorite band, their vocals in particular. I found out that the vocalist left the band a few days ago.

Now I'm sad :(
Too bad, son, maybe he'll get with an even better band and then the whole thing will be epic.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Attention: Someone give me a ride to that tournament this weekend ****it >:O!!!
I'm driving to Waco this weekend, if anyone wants to ride with me let me know.

Obviously my crew members get first pickins.
Someone has put their car out on the table and has offered ride to those who call it, RoK. You need to do more reading/asking specific people for a slot in their vehicles and less insisting to the general poulace to offer a ride specifically to you.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Someone has put their car out on the table and has offered ride to those who call it, RoK. You need to do more reading/asking specific people for a slot in their vehicles and less insisting to the general poulace to offer a ride specifically to you.
I think RoK is trying to go to the Gamelot tourney, not the Waco one.

Edit:

Also, what are the current riding arrangements for OK? I went to Hylian's tourney with Fogo, Ice, Kyas, and Comet and would like to travel with the rest of you guys if possible.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
I think RoK is trying to go to the Gamelot tourney, not the Waco one.

Edit:

Also, what are the current riding arrangements for OK? I went to Hylian's tourney with Fogo, Ice, Kyas, and Comet and would like to travel with the rest of you guys if possible.
aww i so want to travel and play more people darn parents wont let me :(

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
So if I throw another smash fest on friday would people be interested in coming again? I actually don't move out till the 27th cause (im a ******) SO.. come to DPhat on friday (any time I don't have work or class that day) to play :)
Hmm i might like to do this. Mostly because I want to search for my missing wiimote and mouse pad (w/ turtles). That was seriously the last place I remember having both, on different weeks even =(

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
So if I throw another smash fest on friday would people be interested in coming again? I actually don't move out till the 27th cause (im a ******) SO.. come to DPhat on friday (any time I don't have work or class that day) to play :)
Oh yes, I'm definitely coming. And I might be able to bring along two people. You think we could have another doubles tournament? Or singles? Either or, but the last one was just too much fun. Alpha foreskin ftw.

And what area are you moving into DP?

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I'm fine with going to either the Waco or the Gamelot tournament, as long as someone is willing to give me a ride. I can meet up with them somewhere and also dish out some gas money. o_o Fresh installation of Capital. -=Waves around bills=- Take me or suffer!

Bwett

Smash Ace
I'm fine with going to either the Waco or the Gamelot tournament, as long as someone is willing to give me a ride. I can meet up with them somewhere and also dish out some gas money. o_o Fresh installation of Capital. -=Waves around bills=- Take me or suffer!
I am curious to see how your skills (or lack of :p) hold up in a singles tournament after being quiet for so long

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
isn't darkrain coming to visit this weekend? a royal smashfest must be had.

also, it's pride weekend, so i'll be in dallas anyway.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Once again if people would like to smash on friday people pm me my apartment got MORE then enough room I mean A TON of space enough to fit easily 6-8 TVs so I advice people to come over and hang out friday night. The last 2 weeks have been really big 15+ so I would love if more people would come over again. Anyways PM me if you want information like my cell # and my address and people can start coming over as early as 2:00pm.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Not to burst your bubble, but Rok and I went even when I was maining Ike. You lost in Ike dittos MM to me while I now main Yoshi and he is still Ike. If he still has his same game that he did before, I don't think you stand a chance lol.
It was close enough to where it could go either way if we did it again. And besides, I don't main Ike either. I'm still willing to go at it.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Hmm i might like to do this. Mostly because I want to search for my missing wiimote and mouse pad (w/ turtles). That was seriously the last place I remember having both, on different weeks even =(
Hey, if you're going can you give me a ride? Having someone who drives RIGHT next to campus rocks the most. :laugh:

Oh yes, I'm definitely coming. And I might be able to bring along two people. You think we could have another doubles tournament? Or singles? Either or, but the last one was just too much fun. Alpha foreskin ftw.
You know it! If UTD Zac can bring me, and still wants to go himself, then I can make this =P

Hopefully my money kicks in soon. I want to jump back into the tournament scene ASAP!! -_-

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
hey i just found 2 dvds in my bag, they mostly contain everything that was taped at andy's house last week. especially my 0-70% killer kirby kombo

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I say Dallas is good but Houston is way better, I know this for a fact because I actually went to Dallas and fought a variety of players and all showed no skill and thought to myself, "do these Dallians actually play competitively?" I may be wrong.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
I say Dallas is good but Houston is way better, I know this for a fact because I actually went to Houston and fought a variety of players and all showed no skill and thought to myself, "do these Dallians actually play competitively?" I may be wrong.
I have to agree, Dallas is good, but we definitely are way worse than Houston. /sarcasm ; cause we wreck face.

So, umm.. yeah. 10 dollar MM? :D

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
I say Dallas is good but Houston is way better, I know this for a fact because I actually went to Houston and fought a variety of players and all showed no skill and thought to myself, "do these Dallians actually play competitively?" I may be wrong.
i can understand where your coming from. Houston has alot of household names such as hylian, sethlon, etc. I wanna know who you played in Dallas, and if you could give us "Dallians" (sounds weird) another chance. Of course i love to have the underdog role.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I have to agree, Dallas is good, but we definitely are way worse than Houston. /sarcasm ; cause we wreck face.

So, umm.. yeah. 10 dollar MM? :D
uhh.. whatever, after seeing them for myself, I'm not even sure if you ever wreck face.

as for MM well.. sure, how about Ditto match as well, this is just to see if you claim to wreck face.

i can understand where your coming from. Houston has alot of household names such as hylian, sethlon, etc. I wanna know who you played in Dallas, and if you could give us "Dallians" (sounds weird) another chance. Of course i love to have the underdog role.

I'm not exactly sure who this guy was, but he claimed he had been to a local Dallas tourney so I figured maybe he was one of you guys.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
uhh.. whatever, after seeing them for myself, I'm not even sure if you ever wreck face.

as for MM well.. sure, how about Ditto match as well, this is just to see if you claim to wreck face.
Who exactly did you play in Dallas? Can you give a main? Description? And I'm sure hoping your not basing your assumption that Dallas is " good ", but not nearly as good as Houston, on solely playing one person. After all, he doesn't represent the skill of the entire community. However, regarding Houston, at this moment in time, I don't think were as good as H - town, but we're all becoming better and better smashers each and every tournament we attend. Our smash community is really like a family, we're all trying to get better and represent Dallas the best we can.

As for the MM, my previous post was more playful then serious, so don't take it as me being a smart *** or anything, didn't mean to come across like that, but I'm all for a ditto MM if we're to ever meet in a tournament. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom