• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Every time I try to rip the DVDs so I can edit them they come off weird. I've used 3 different programs to rip them, so I'm guessing something is wrong with my DVD player since the actual DVDs play back just fine.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
ill give you the disk next time i see you. i just kinda want a library of dallas stuff on my laptop. just so when yall need something yall always know where to look.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Gigapoot #

Tournament Saturday, September 20th,

Warm Up 5pm earlier if you wish
Start 6pm

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=3...3.020503,-96.657093&spn=0.00815,0.013819&z=16

ENTRY: Singles $2 of candy, Teams? $0.00 and a half total
split is 60/30/10

Need:
at least 1 copy of smash
more full setups

SBR Recommended Rule List The Box edition
Super Smash Brothers: Melee (singles and doubles)
The following list was created by members of the Smash Back Room (SBR), then fixed by pTB
General Rules
  • Items are set to off
  • The stock is set to 4 *
  • The time limit is set to a minimum of 90 seconds per stock **
  • All sets are best of 3 matches except semi/finals 3/5
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • No player may choose the stage they last won on
  • Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
  • Wobbling is NOT allowed
  • The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
  • Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
  • Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)
Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player alternately strikes a random stage till there is one left, PLAY!
3. Each player may ban a stage for the rest of the set
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Random Stage List
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise*
Dream Land: Green Greens *
DK Island: Jungle Japes
F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City
Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
Lylat System: Corneria
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle*
Special Stages: Battlefield

Banned Stage List
Mushroom Kingdom: Princess Peach's Castle *
DK Island: Kongo Jungle
Eagleland: Onett
Eagleland: Fourside
F-Zero Grand Prix: Big Blue
Hyrule Temple
Infinite Glacier: Icicle Mountain
Lylat System: Venom
Mushroom Kingdom I
Mushroom Kingdom II*
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Island
Past Stages: Yoshi's Island
Superflat World: Flat Zone
Termina: Great Bay

Additional Rules for Double's Play
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON
  • Add Termina: Great Bay to the Counter Stage List
  • Add F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City to the Banned Stage List
  • Add Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams to the Banned Stage List

bluezaft

The True Zaft
DARKRAIN IS GOING TO TAKE ALL OF OUR CANDY

I'm going to bring a full setup

Every Mega Man game ever made is terrible

WHY ARE THERE NO POKEBALLS IN THE $0.00 TEAMS TOURNAMENT?

Don't feel bad Bob, nobody accepted my Lost Winds MM challenge.

Great Bay and MK2 on in teams pleeeez

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
@ Jesiah: Dude, I just saw your post. I've still got your DS (kinda forgot, sorry >.>" )

We'll talk about doubles later, you should keep looking fora partner though.

Edit - Jesus Christ we played a lot of doubles on Saturday.

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
I can bring a setup if noobs are allowed.

And I like your rules better, poot.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
jack are u having that smashfest this sat. or are to many people going to Waco?
Ha, I totally forgot the Waco tournament was this weekend, too. Not to mention poot's tourney, now. :laugh: I'm still up for a Smashfest on Sat., though. If anything, it gives me a reason to clean the house. So, if anyone wants to Smash this weekend who isn't going to Waco or poot's tourney, feel free to hit me up (my address is in the OP). We only have 2 TV's this weekend, though, so bring teh setups. ^_^

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Thanks a lot, scheduled maintenance. Fogo or mod, can we get this tournament in the title right quick? So people know about it? Thanks. Love, Bluezaft.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Waco tomorrow has been canceled for Dallas. Fogo talked to Dr. Mario Guy and we decided we should just save our money for HOBO. So, good chance Jack that I'll be coming to your smashfest. Not guaranteed yet.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Waco tomorrow has been canceled for Dallas. Fogo talked to Dr. Mario Guy and we decided we should just save our money for HOBO. So, good chance Jack that I'll be coming to your smashfest. Not guaranteed yet.
Woot (at the possible attendance, not the tourney cancellation). I'll be glad to get some more real practice in. I played a few matches over at Ice's place last night, and I was amazed that I didn't get completely slaughtered (you G-Krew guys are too good). :laugh:

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
That and the stuff infinity got better be online soon! I wanna see some matches!!!!
Srsly. Seconded.

I say Dallas is good but Houston is way better, I know this for a fact because I actually went to Dallas and fought a variety of players and all showed no skill and thought to myself, "do these Dallians actually play competitively?" I may be wrong.
You obviously didn't play mah main man, .

I'm also disappointed nobody's accepted the Mega Man 9 challenge.
No a big market for MM9 on Smashboards

(you G-Krew guys are So Good). :laugh:
Fix'd

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
hmm so whose all going to phazs on sat. (need to know how much money to bring lol)im going for sure :)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ok yeah when you get a chance can you mail my DS back or if I make it to Texas for HOBO which i probably will you can give it to me then.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
if yall havent noticed i have been gradually updating my youtube account with vids. so check it out. link is in signature

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
Yo Jack! I was the dood who showed up last week (the Ness player). So i take it theres gonna be some peeple showin up now that Wacos cancelled? I hope so, cuz i dont wanna drive hours away for smash :)
I'll be at your place tomorro with my boys, and with ike gone i bet lots more peeps will show up 2

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
GIGAPOOT!!? when I first saw this title I though maybe one of you guys had gotten angry about what I had said about you Dallas player's, but now I know it's not that, anyway if you guys want to prove as challenge to us Houstonians well in particular myself, then I'm all up for it, besides this tourney might do me some good right before my possible battle against M2K.

EDIT

You obviously didn't play mah main man, .
who might that be exactly? regardless, I doubt he doesn't compare to M2k or such.

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
so i dont have internet anymore.. (im currently stealing some from starbucks) but i want to try as much as i can to still make it to smash events.
kind of interested in the melee tourny but i dont play so seems kinda pointless :/
anything brawl coming up?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
GIGAPOOT!!? when I first saw this title I though maybe one of you guys had gotten angry about what I had said about you Dallas player's, but now I know it's not that, anyway if you guys want to prove as challenge to us Houstonians well in particular myself, then I'm all up for it, besides this tourney might do me some good right before my possible battle against M2K.

EDIT

who might that be exactly? regardless, I doubt he doesn't compare to M2k or such.
You obviously don't pay attention to names or power rankings.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Man, it sounds like this time people are actually gonna be able to come over to play. I like that. :laugh: Like I said, my home is open to anyone in the DFW area, so hopefully I'll see all you guys tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom